PDA

View Full Version : What hurts worse?

starkvegasdawg
09-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Losing to a nothing team you should have destroyed or thinking you're about to blow out a top 5 team only to completely implode on a prime time telecast?

rolodawg
09-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Losing to a nothing team, because that's what the team I root for did.

C222
09-05-2016, 11:35 PM
We lost to South F'n Alabama. Ole Miss is going to put 80 on us if they want to

I seen it dawg
09-05-2016, 11:36 PM
We aren't close to the same atmosphere as the 2 teams tonite or the 2 last night. Not close.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Nothing team for sure. And ole miss losing should not make you feel better about the Mullen shit show.

dawgday166
09-05-2016, 11:44 PM
We aren't close to the same atmosphere as the 2 teams tonite or the 2 last night. Not close.

Unfortunately sad, but true.

msstate7
09-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Losing to a nothing team you should have destroyed or thinking you're about to blow out a top 5 team only to completely implode on a prime time telecast?

Om has a team they thought could win big. They thought Kelly would be the best qb in the country. Om is facing a clock ticking down toward NCAA sanctions. This is their last year to make the cheating worth it. Both teams' losses are devastating

ScottH
09-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Id like to be 11 preseason and lose on national tv in the sole primetime game.

One of my friend's son is being recruited by UM. Likely a mid major player but nonetheless he was being texted throughout the game by UM.

No text touted the score even when up by 3 tds. They all touted coming and playing on prime time tv in front of millions etc.

ScoobaDawg
09-06-2016, 12:16 AM
Comparing the two is dumb. Sorry but. We got embarrassed and suck. Mississippi choked but at least they were playing a quality opponent.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Comparing the two is dumb. Sorry but. We got embarrassed and suck. Mississippi choked but at least they were playing a quality opponent.

The question was what hurt more... Om was running a top 5 team out the building. They were dreaming of playoff games and such. Hell, they looked like a playoff contender. Then they collapse... Playoffs gone that quick.

Us on the other hand... We looked like poop for 90% of the game. We lost; but even if graves made that kick, we knew a bowl was an uphill task.

Which one hurt the most? OM's fans hurt the most bc of the stakes.

Which one was the most embarrassing? Are you kidding me? We lost to USA

BulldogBear
09-06-2016, 06:04 AM
Om has a team they thought could win big. They thought Kelly would be the best qb in the country. Om is facing a clock ticking down toward NCAA sanctions. This is their last year to make the cheating worth it. Both teams' losses are devastating

This^^^^^

If they lose to Bama, watch the whole season unwind much like that game last night did. Big hopes turning into reality. That's what you get with a bunch of mercenaries and every man for himself. If they lose a third game the team and fanbase will eat each other alive and the following collapse will be epic, topped off by limping into the Egg Bowl hoping for a win to get bowl eligibile if loss 3 was early enough in the season.

msbulldog
09-06-2016, 06:23 AM
This^^^^^

If they lose to Bama, watch the whole season unwind much like that game last night did. Big hopes turning into reality. That's what you get with a bunch of mercenaries and every man for himself. If they lose a third game the team and fanbase will eat each other alive and the following collapse will be epic, topped off by limping into the Egg Bowl hoping for a win to get bowl eligibile if loss 3 was early enough in the season.

Talk about reality setting in, prior to Saturday most of us, not all, thought our reality was 6 - 7 wins. Mullin had us fooled or we fooled ourselves (most likely).

Hrdawg82
09-06-2016, 07:38 AM
We should stop comparing ourselves with OM. They are in a different league than us right now. We lost to a team we allow players to transfer to when we don't want them anymore. OM will hang 60 on us without batting an eye. This is gonna be a long season no matter what

shannondawg
09-06-2016, 07:44 AM
At least it got my mind off it for a while. But its back this morning, I use to be able to shake off a loss by Monday morning, but here it is Tuesday and I still feel almost anger, but not quite that as much as the lack of anticipation for the next game and next and so on.

Hell, I guess it just boils down to this, I am more excited about the ladies bb season , not mention the mens, than I am the rest of this football season.