PDA

View Full Version : Give Tiano the ball

mcain31
09-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Freshmen QBs are getting it done for other schools.

anubus
09-05-2016, 11:31 PM
I agree if he has the bigger upside let him get out there and show it.

I seen it dawg
09-05-2016, 11:40 PM
Said he was our best coming out of spring game. He still is.

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 11:42 PM
He has to work on his pass blocking for atleast another year***

Coach007
09-05-2016, 11:47 PM
The QB for this team will be Fitz. Fitz will have to 100% fail vs SC this weekend. He won't.

Taino will be the QB of the future.

AFDawg
09-05-2016, 11:52 PM
#TianoTime

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 11:52 PM
The QB for this team will be Fitz. Fitz will have to 100% fail vs SC this weekend. He won't.

Taino will be the QB of the future.

I completely agree. He's perfect for the relf coast offense. I don't know where Mullen got the idea we need to be an air raid finesse team, maybe he's been hanging out with Hal mumme in Jackson or something.

TimberBeast
09-05-2016, 11:53 PM

Give fitz the ball, at least let him try. We thought Staley transferred because of playing time, looks like he transferred because he knew Mullen was going with Williams even though he's terrible.

state66
09-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Give Nick Fitzgerald the ball for the whole USCe game. We cant judge him off 2 drives in his first start ever. Damian gave us all he had Saturday and it wasnt anywhere near enough. Fitz is more talented. Give him the whole game and if he blows it or doesnt look like we can improve him lets move onto Tiano.

GTHOM
09-06-2016, 01:05 AM
What I do know for a fact is, Damian aint the guy

mcain31
09-06-2016, 02:04 AM
I'd rather just go with Tiano. He has the most upside. He elevates the level of play of the other players. He has "it."

TNDawg35
09-06-2016, 06:07 AM
If Tiano is the future, why would you not want him to get as many snaps as possible right now and let him get used to SEC football. Look at the kids from Texas and FSU. They both went in and tore it up... Well, dude from FSU did the second half... If this is going to be a down yr like we are all thinking, put all the young guys in and let them roll... Get them quality snaps. I think Fitz is going to be good this yr, just gotta give him more than 6 snaps and let him settle down some. Hell, look at Jimbo Fischer last night. He stuck with Franqio (sp) even after he looked horrible the first half. He it worked itself out and the dude balled out the 2nd half.

shannondawg
09-06-2016, 07:48 AM
In normal programs during tough times the 2nd string qb is the most popular player, but not in our case, our most popular is a 3rd stringer.

Before I say that, I would like to give Fitz more of a chance, there had to be a reason he started the game.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Fitz was named the starter. I want him to get his shot (a real shot) before going to tiano

RougeDawg
09-06-2016, 08:45 AM
What will be your response when Damien starts Saturday and Dan leaves him in and we dig ourselves a huge hole? When has Dan ever made a move that showed he was wrong, unless an injury forced the move? The worst thing that could've happened to us was the drops to Fitz and two TD's with Damien in there. Now stubborn Yankee dick has Damien engraved in his mind as the go to guy.

TimberBeast
09-06-2016, 08:58 AM
What will be your response when Damien starts Saturday and Dan leaves him in and we dig ourselves a huge hole? When has Dan ever made a move that showed he was wrong, unless an injury forced the move? The worst thing that could've happened to us was the drops to Fitz and two TD's with Damien in there. Now stubborn Yankee dick has Damien engraved in his mind as the go to guy.

That's why I would fire him today. There really is no point in waiting. We already know what we have and what we are going to get.

BB30
09-06-2016, 09:07 AM
Doesn't matter, we couldn't line up against a 2nd string Sun Belt D line and run the football. Our OL is atrocious. That being said, the guys seemed to not care for Fitz to be in the game. If the team doesn't like him then there are some major problems with playing him. Also, outside of the one dropped pass his reads weren't exactly spectacular. Small sample size but neither of our QBs that played looked all that good.

TimberBeast
09-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Doesn't matter, we couldn't line up against a 2nd string Sun Belt D line and run the football. Our OL is atrocious. That being said, the guys seemed to not care for Fitz to be in the game. If the team doesn't like him then there are some major problems with playing him. Also, outside of the one dropped pass his reads weren't exactly spectacular. Small sample size but neither of our QBs that played looked all that good.

I still just don't understand this OL argument. You CANNOT run the ball if you don't put a running back in the game. And on Fitz, he was never given a fair shot.

BB30
09-06-2016, 09:21 AM
I still just don't understand this OL argument. You CANNOT run the ball if you don't put a running back in the game. And on Fitz, he was never given a fair shot.

And we are entitled to our own opinions. Against that DL it should not have mattered who was in at RB. And on Fitz I am just relaying what I saw and have heard.

confucius say
09-06-2016, 09:38 AM
And we are entitled to our own opinions. Against that DL it should not have mattered who was in at RB. And on Fitz I am just relaying what I saw and have heard.

We averaged 7 yards a carry Saturday.

Sacrifice
09-06-2016, 09:42 AM
I wanna see Fitzs get a legit shot before going to Tiano. You can't just pull a QB after 3 passes. You have to let them settle in and get into some kind of a rythm.
I watched the FSU QB look like complete dog sh&t in the 1st quarter. The kid couldn't even hit a swing pass but I didn't see Fisher pulling him.

BB30
09-06-2016, 09:45 AM
We averaged 7 yards a carry Saturday.

Average ypc is not the end all be all of rushing statistics. I can pull stats to fit any narrative I want. If you think our OL is good and that we ran the ball well then all I can say is wait and see what happens when we see a competent healthy DL. If your going to use YPC as your stat then the running backs were obviously successful and managed well. No point in changing things up in the backfield.

GTHOM
09-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Fitz was named the starter. I want him to get his shot (a real shot) before going to tiano

I agree 100 percent. Mullen didnt give him a fair shot the other day. Putting him in to take a knee was an insult to him

Taog Redloh
09-06-2016, 09:56 AM
I'd probably start Williams Saturday, then put Fitz in the 3rd series, opposite of last week. See what happens. Still a little too early to roll with Tiano. I mean, all the practices have to mean SOMETHING. Don't go youth movement just yet.

mcain31
09-06-2016, 10:00 AM
All this smoke about the team chemistry not being there with Fitz must be coming from a fire.

coastratdog
09-06-2016, 10:32 AM
All Fitz has to do is lead his team. Get the offense rolling. Makes some plays. They will follow. He didn't get a chance to do that against USA. I would have given him the entire first half to prove himself. On another note maybe he plays better coming off the bench. We'll see this Sat.

Dental Dawg33
09-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Williams is not going to be the guy. That was pretty evident to me. As previously stated, give Fitz an entire half, or even game to work it out. I believe he has the talent and he just needs to get in to a groove. I'm a big Tiano fan, but don't think we should write off Fitz. He needs a fair shot. Play him the entire game against SC unless he pulls a machine gun and has 3-4 turnovers.

Gutter Cobreh
09-06-2016, 10:48 AM
All this smoke about the team chemistry not being there with Fitz must be coming from a fire.

Ding, ding, ding.... We have a winner.

I don't buy the Williams has seniority and thus is getting playing time. I think there are some behind the scenes scenarios regarding Fitz and team chemistry which makes this situation more difficult than it should be.

Some people act like the QB automatically has the respect of those around him simply because the coach can make the call to start that particular person. If Fitz doesn't have the respect of his teammates, and there is a fair amount of speculation as to the reasons, then either let Williams fail or put Tiano in and see what you have.

TimberBeast
09-06-2016, 10:56 AM

I don't buy the Williams has seniority and thus is getting playing time. I think there are some behind the scenes scenarios regarding Fitz and team chemistry which makes this situation more difficult than it should be.

Some people act like the QB automatically has the respect of those around him simply because the coach can make the call to start that particular person. If Fitz doesn't have the respect of his teammates, and there is a fair amount of speculation as to the reasons, then either let Williams fail or put Tiano in and see what you have.

It's always something with Mullen. What about Holloway then? I could gather up a defense in my neighborhood that could keep him from gaining a yard 100% of the time. Why do we keep trotting him out there? Do all the other running backs on the team have some problem that Mullen doesn't like too? If there is something Fitz did that was wrong off the field then fine, but why did he start? And even still that doesn't justify losing like we did with Williams.

confucius say
09-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Average ypc is not the end all be all of rushing statistics. I can pull stats to fit any narrative I want. If you think our OL is good and that we ran the ball well then all I can say is wait and see what happens when we see a competent healthy DL. If your going to use YPC as your stat then the running backs were obviously successful and managed well. No point in changing things up in the backfield.

1. Ypc is the stat that is most indicitave of how well a team ran the ball. Name one better.

2. Nobody said our ol was good. We played a crappy dl and that's why we were successful running the ball. But the point is our ol did its job Saturday. The problem was we ran the ball only 34 times out of 62 plays. Should have been 42 at minimum.

3. And of course Aries and fitz should be running the ball instead of Williams and shumpert. Our ypc would have been even higher and we would have won 35-14ish.

thf24
09-06-2016, 11:13 AM
I mean, all the practices have to mean SOMETHING.

Word out of practice is that Tiano would be the guy if not for inexperience, and if that's true, after Saturday there's no reason not to roll with him. Williams isn't going to get the job done, and it's too hard to ignore that there are chemistry issues with Fitz at this point. This season is likely shot with either of them at QB anyway, so why not start getting the young guy with the most upside reps?

gtowndawg
09-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Word out of practice is that Tiano would be the guy if not for inexperience, and if that's true, after Saturday there's no reason not to roll with him. Williams isn't going to get the job done, and it's too hard to ignore that there are chemistry issues with Fitz at this point. This season is likely shot with either of them at QB anyway, so why not start getting the young guy with the most upside reps?

Can we get someone to finally confirm this or not? I personally have no clue, but how can we know there's a chemistry problem? If there is, then move forward with Tiano and the Relf offense. Or do the players just like Dam. Willams and want him to play (even if it's not good for the team)? Lord, I feel like we are back in the last days of Jackie talking about this crap.

thf24
09-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Can we get someone to finally confirm this or not? I personally have no clue, but how can we know there's a chemistry problem? If there is, then move forward with Tiano and the Relf offense. Or do the players just like Dam. Willams and want him to play (even if it's not good for the team)? Lord, I feel like we are back in the last days of Jackie talking about this crap.

I don't expect we'll ever get official confirmation, but when you hear the same or similar rumor over and over from different places, at some point it's safe to assume there's something to it. Smoke -> fire.

the59dawg
09-06-2016, 12:33 PM
I don't expect we'll ever get official confirmation, but when you hear the same or similar rumor over and over from different places, at some point it's safe to assume there's something to it. Smoke -> fire.

Well, it looked like a different team when Williams took over, short passes and all. Of course S. Al made some adjustments at half and brought the defensive backfield up closer to the LOS and look what happened. Still no deep passes.

JoseBrown
09-06-2016, 01:50 PM

If this chemistry mess is true then Dan Mullen should be fired today. He gave Fitz 25% of the reps in camp and practice until Staley left, then he gave him 33% of the reps. If he is gonna not play a kid because the rest of the offense won't follow him he shouldn't have given him all the time in practice. If he has let the team get to that point he should be fired.

JoseBrown
09-06-2016, 01:54 PM
3. And of course Aries and fitz should be running the ball instead of Williams and shumpert. Our ypc would have been even higher and we would have won 35-14ish.
Yes!

preachermatt83
09-06-2016, 02:12 PM
#TianoTime

Make it trend !!

I seen it dawg
09-06-2016, 03:30 PM
The locker room is split up. Not hard to see. The HC needs to ****ing do something about it. Set the direction and MAKE it happen that way. HC has control...if they WANT to. ****ing do something Mullen. Do something.