PDA

View Full Version : As I said- Fla State by 10+

lamont
09-05-2016, 11:09 PM
They aren't good on Defense and have OL problems.

Their QB had 4 turnovers but they are dangerous on offense because of their WR's

Mississippi is exactly who I thought they were

Bucky Dog
09-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Yeah their D is young and not very good. Played on emotion against a true freshman QB. Connor is not the same guy. They can't play from behind and you're right their OLINE is suspect.

Engine
09-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Too bad we can't pass for shit

RougeDawg
09-05-2016, 11:17 PM
FSU did what every team has done to beat Bucky. Pressure QB to throw early and they will turn it over. You let his QBS sit back and they will eat you up. Same thing since Bro was there. Have to force them to throw befor they want and they will throw it to you. We still haven't figured that out yet apparently. Look at their losses since Bucky has been there from Jacksonville State to Memphis, those defenses didn't sit back and let OM beat them. They forced their hand and won. No read and react bullshit.

Tbonewannabe
09-05-2016, 11:20 PM
FSU did what every team has done to beat Bucky. Pressure QB to throw early and they will turn it over. You let his QBS sit back and they will eat you up. Same thing since Bro was there. Have to force them to throw befor they want and they will throw it to you. We still haven't figured that out yet apparently. Look at their losses since Bucky has been there from Jacksonville State to Memphis, those defenses didn't sit back and let OM beat them. They forced their hand and won. No read and react bullshit.

Bro Ballace on one leg and we never pressured him. Thanks for reminding me.

ckDOG
09-05-2016, 11:21 PM

So what you are saying is that we are ****ed.

thf24
09-05-2016, 11:24 PM
I don't think Chad Kelly is very good. I think Freeze has done an excellent job of creating a system to harness his tremendous physical talent in which there are a few simple keys that lead to predetermined throws. That combined with their elite WR corps makes their offense very potent against a defense not on its toes. But anytime Kelly sees something he wasn't expecting, he either throws up a prayer or stands in the pocket and gets sacked. I don't remember once seeing him try to escape the pocket and create, despite FSU's aggressive rush right down the middle; he'd just stand there right in the middle and get hit. Don't mean to rag on a good dawg, but his sacks tonight reminded me a lot of Tyler Russell.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Yep it's what I saw too. They lost a ton of good players off a defense that was mediocre last year. They weren't gonna magically get better this year. Also had been hearing that Conner was not recovering well at all and you saw it tonight. He has no lateral movement and can't run. They're gonna score some points but they gonna give up big numbers too.

msstate7
09-05-2016, 11:25 PM
So what you are saying is that we are ****ed.

I think we have the personnel to pressure Kelly. Unfortunately, we can't cover the wr's. Unless om has major injuries along the oline, we gonna get beat

Op4isabitch
09-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Guys, I'm not seeing it. We aren't even on the same planet as the confederates. I'm stoked that FSU beat them but they are still miles ahead of us and for that I blame Mullen 100%. He got COMPLACENT and as Nick Saban said the other day on TV, that will get you smoked.

HoopsDawg
09-05-2016, 11:31 PM
I think we have the personnel to pressure Kelly. Unfortunately, we can't cover the wr's. Unless om has major injuries along the oline, we gonna get beat

They are going to light us up.

I seen it dawg
09-05-2016, 11:39 PM

OM better get about 50 players hurt if we gonna have a chance

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-05-2016, 11:43 PM
OM better get about 50 players hurt if we gonna have a chance

If Kelly got hurt we would have a good shot. About the only way.

I seen it dawg
09-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Nah Patterson would just sling it up to one of their wrs whenever he wanted and we can't do a damn thing about it.

state66
09-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Their D line will run right through our O line all night long.

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Their D line will run right through our O line all night long.

Exactly. Hevesy still hasn't adjusted to their defense.

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 12:36 AM
Guys, I'm not seeing it. We aren't even on the same planet as the confederates. I'm stoked that FSU beat them but they are still miles ahead of us and for that I blame Mullen 100%. He got COMPLACENT and as Nick Saban said the other day on TV, that will get you smoked.

We could make it competitive with some major personnel changes. We'll see if that happens. I'm not holding my breath.

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 12:37 AM
Yep it's what I saw too. They lost a ton of good players off a defense that was mediocre last year. They weren't gonna magically get better this year. Also had been hearing that Conner was not recovering well at all and you saw it tonight. He has no lateral movement and can't run. They're gonna score some points but they gonna give up big numbers too.

Yeah- he's playing on one leg right now. If they keep playing him people are going to pick on him in the passing game big time. When they're not picking on their corners of course.

Todd4State
09-06-2016, 12:38 AM
Too bad we can't pass for shit

Do you know how ironic it would be if we happened to beat them with a bunch of screen passes?

Commercecomet24
09-06-2016, 12:46 AM
Yeah- he's playing on one leg right now. If they keep playing him people are going to pick on him in the passing game big time. When they're not picking on their corners of course.

Yeah they lost their best cover corner tonight too and bridges was picked on all night. Teams that can throw the ball are gonna put up some big numbers on unm.

ETA I agree with you that with some personnel changes we would be much better. Let's see if it happens.

Gutter Cobreh
09-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Yeah they lost their best cover corner tonight too and bridges was picked on all night. Teams that can throw the ball are gonna put up some big numbers on unm.

ETA I agree with you that with some personnel changes we would be much better. Let's see if it happens.

There is a lot of football between now and when we meet OM... At this point in the season, yes they'd hang 80 on us. By the time we meet, we may be able to make it competitive...