PDA

View Full Version : Not playing the more talented younger guys is the never ending...

RougeDawg
09-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Negative cycle. I've harped on this for years but not playing the better younger guys like everyone else, hurts us both on and off the field. We don't have our best players helpingnusnwinnandnreceiitsnseentht no matter how good you are, you will most likely sit if there is a veteran ahead of you. Rarely do freshman ever supplant an upperclassmen. And I don't blame them.

HoopsDawg
09-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Negative cycle. I've harped on this for years but not playing the better younger guys like everyone else, hurts us both on and off the field. We don't have our best players helpingnusnwinnandnreceiitsnseentht no matter how good you are, you will most likely sit if there is a veteran ahead of you. Rarely do freshman ever supplant an upperclassmen. And I don't blame them.

There's some truth in that narrative. At the same time we aren't recruiting instant impact guys. Simmons will play and play a lot. Spencer played last week. They were our only two. It's not like we can start Osirius Mitchell.

RougeDawg
09-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Chris Jones was slowly eased into it. It took injuries for JRob and Dak to get starting roles. There's a recurring theme. Malik Dear is probably our most explosive player and he hardly saw the field last year. I could go on and on about it and make a list a mile long of instances.

I seen it dawg
09-05-2016, 08:56 PM
**** mullen

HoopsDawg
09-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Chris Jones was slowly eased into it. It took injuries for JRob and Dak to get starting roles. There's a recurring theme. Malik Dear is probably our most explosive player and he hardly saw the field last year. I could go on and on about it and make a list a mile long of instances.

Dak and Jrob are the 2 best examples. But it's been stated why on Jrob. Chris Jones played as a true freshman and needed to be eased into it. He should have started as a sophomore though.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Dak and Jrob are the 2 best examples. But it's been stated why on Jrob. Chris Jones played as a true freshman and needed to be eased into it. He should have started as a sophomore though.

On JRob- was what he was doing really to the point where he needed to sit on the bench as much as he did? Doubtful.