PDA

View Full Version : I hope our football program can get to the point

MaroonFlounder
09-05-2016, 06:16 PM
where we can schedule a halfway decent opening game opponent so that the game time gods will not be forced to put our shitty matchup at 11:00am in early September when it is hotter than the 7th level of HELL in which our fans bail out and we lose our home field advantage.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Since people have bitched in the past about lower tier opening opponents maybe we need to schedule a tougher opener so Dan will give a shit and not treat it like a scrimmage.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-05-2016, 06:21 PM
where we can schedule a halfway decent opening game opponent so that the game time gods will not be forced to put our shitty matchup at 11:00am in early September when it is hotter than the 7th level of HELL in which our fans bail out and we lose our home field advantage.

Like Oklahoma State?

gravedigger
09-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Like Oklahoma State?

Youd rather deal with the loss to south alabama?

Eta: one you can recover from. The other is scheduled because you can certainly win and you dont plan on it killing you if you are in contention for the playoff.

Usa game kills you two ways. I didnt before, and will never think 4 patsys or even 2 is a good idea.

They should be played on homecoming. As they were intended.

bluelightstar
09-05-2016, 06:26 PM

If we're going to lose either way, might as well schedule somebody that's not an embarrassment.

RocketDawg
09-05-2016, 06:28 PM
I'd rather lose to a quality opponent than one like USA. The requirement to pick up another Power 5 opponent during the year helps some, but opening day has become crazily important this year and that will no doubt continue ... just look at the games we had this weekend ... all good teams, and as Dan said, half of them had to lose. We should have scheduled a decent team. It didn't bother me all that much to get beat by OSU. At least we played a decent game.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-05-2016, 06:37 PM

Eta: one you can recover from. The other is scheduled because you can certainly win and you dont plan on it killing you if you are in contention for the playoff.

Usa game kills you two ways. I didnt before, and will never think 4 patsys or even 2 is a good idea.

They should be played on homecoming. As they were intended.

No...OP said they wanted to get to the point where we didn't play a sorry OOC to start the season and have a better game time. I was just pointing out that we did that in 2013 and apparently our administration made the decision not to do that again.