View Full Version : Lack of talent and leadership

Dawgfan77
09-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Went back and watched the game. Three things stood out to me. 1. Overall lack of talent. Yes in some areas we were better than USA in others we were about the same. Folks we have basically Sunbelt talent level. Scary to see our two deep compared to the rest of the sec. 2. Lack of leadership, nobody stood up on Sat esp in the second half. Brown Jefferson nope.. no one on offense. 3. We have regressed in the S & C coaching. We looked out of shape, small, and slow. No better example was the ay Jung had the back for a safety and he nor Brown could make that play.. we went from Bayliss to Court to Savage. For it being the most important position coach why did we promote from within. Spells lazy.
Long year folks.. really looking like we need to cut bait.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Mullen thought we had another time out. He completely lost track of all three time outs in the span of a minute and a half. He thought we had one more time out so he could take a shot at the end zone before the kick. He looked very befuddled to be a head coach in his eighth year.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Mullen is complacent. The passion he once had is no longer there. He's no longer hungry, nor aggressive.

Thus, his team plays complacent, with no passion, or hunger, or aggressiveness.

Dawgfan77
09-05-2016, 04:06 PM
I think we all see the same thing and I don't see him changing at all. Unfortunately we have to endure this year. I hope the powers that be will buy him out. Hell that may be what he wants

MaroonFlounder
09-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Mullen thought we had another time out. He completely lost track of all three time outs in the span of a minute and a half. He thought we had one more time out so he could take a shot at the end zone before the kick. He looked very befuddled to be a head coach in his eighth year.

Did he have his headset on? If so, why in the fvck was there not someone in the press box telling him how many GD timeouts he had?

the59dawg
09-05-2016, 06:26 PM
I don't believe we were out of TO;'s. Who thinks we were out of TO's? We had at least one left IMO

w

RocketDawg
09-05-2016, 06:32 PM

Was the scoreboard wrong on the timeouts? All he'd have to do was glance up there. It's hard to believe he didn't keep up though.

Really Clark?
09-05-2016, 06:42 PM
I don't believe we were out of TO;'s. Who thinks we were out of TO's? We had at least one left IMO
w

We used all three on the last drive. First timeout with 40 seconds left on the 3rd and 3 call. Then 2nd with 12 seconds left, Williams rushes for 6 yards and Dan was standing right next to Ref for when he called the last time out. They were discussing the amount of time he wanted left on the clock..

Bothrops
09-05-2016, 06:51 PM
The OL is probably equal, but we're better everywhere else except qb at the moment. The difference is coaching and not having the want to.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Did he have his headset on? If so, why in the fvck was there not someone in the press box telling him how many GD timeouts he had?

Head set on, surrounded by asst. coaches and asking the ref if we had one more time out left. He looked like a lost puppy...in shorts.

Really Clark?
09-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Head set on, surrounded by asst. coaches and asking the ref if we had one more time out left. He looked like a lost puppy...in shorts.

I didn't read him say that at all. Look like they were discussion when to signal the final timeout.