PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it but.......

Dawg for life
09-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Take a look at what USM and Ole Miss has done when it comes to hiring head coaches. They went out and found guys that wanted to be there. Coaches not looking to use it as a stepping stone but was their dream job. That means a lot to recruits and the fan base. Now whether we like to admit it or not it has worked out well for Ole Miss on the coaching side. Freeze is a cheater and fraud but the guy can coach and recruit. Southern Miss new coach may or may not succeed but he has started good so far. IF we let Mullen go we need to look at that hard going into the search process

CJDAWG85
09-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Uhhhh.... USM is on its 4th coach in the last 8 years.

starkvegasdawg
Freeze can't coach. He's bought the best players that money can buy and they've been able to win some games. But look at them now in the NFL. Tread is about to be labeled a bust and you hardly have heard anything out of the others. One is five star is coaching JUCO. My six year old son could be named head coach with that talent and go 6-6.

Taog Redloh
Take a look at what USM and Ole Miss has done when it comes to hiring head coaches. They went out and found guys that wanted to be there. Coaches not looking to use it as a stepping stone but was their dream job. That means a lot to recruits and the fan base. Now whether we like to admit it or not it has worked out well for Ole Miss on the coaching side. Freeze is a cheater and fraud but the guy can coach and recruit. Southern Miss new coach may or may not succeed but he has started good so far. IF we let Mullen go we need to look at that hard going into the search process
USM is stepping stone U, pal. Try not to be a moron, trollster.

SouthMSDog
09-05-2016, 02:29 PM

You're crazy if you believe the Hopson wants to stay at Southern. He may be next in line at Ole Miss. Dan wanted to be here, just not permenately, and we are going to have to understand that will be the case most of the time. We can be a consistently top 30-40 program with peaks and that being the floor, but there is a very slim chance that guys like Tom Herman, Kirby Smart, (insert coordinator or Group of 5 HC here) will ever have MSU as a dream job.

gravedigger
09-05-2016, 02:31 PM

If we had made the string of horrible hires om has or lost as many coaches like to unc or the pros, id be sicker than i am now.

Dawg for life
09-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Good Lord, try not to be so defensive. You have your head up your butt if you dont think Freeze is at least a pretty good coach. Second I was talking about USM now and what their AD went out and found. You watch and see if he is successful he will not jump to another job. His contract calls for him to pay ALL of the money back to USM he earned if he leaves early. What can we lose? We now have a coach that has been trying to leave for three years now and cannot or will not recruit. All I'm saying is we need to try another approach

gravedigger
09-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Good Lord, try not to be so defensive. You have your head up your butt if you dont think Freeze is at least a pretty good coach. Second I was talking about USM now and what their AD went out and found. You watch and see if he is successful he will not jump to another job. His contract calls for him to pay ALL of the money back to USM he earned if he leaves early. What can we lose? We now have a coach that has been trying to leave for three years now and cannot or will not recruit. All I'm saying is we need to try another approach

Freeze isnt coaching sparky. He's facilitating. And it is about to kill that program.

starkvegasdawg
09-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Freeze is to coaching what Taco Bell is to Mexican food. It may look good but in the end both will burn your ass and leave you wondering why you ever tried it.

AlSwearengen
09-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Freeze is an olemiss coach b/c of the network. Without them, he couldn't sign a two star. Hopson will be there for as long as it takes him to move up. I do have a feeling that Hopson might be a good head coach though.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Freeze cheats his ass off and USM can't afford to keep a coach. Jay Hopson will be somewhere else in two years.

Dawg for life
09-05-2016, 02:56 PM
So, tell me this... if Dan is gone after this year what is the answer? Who would you look for and what would be the qualifications. Don't list people you know we can't get

MaroonFlounder
09-05-2016, 04:48 PM
I would take Hopson in a hot second. I believe he is the real deal.

Dawgology
09-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Freeze can't coach. He's bought the best players that money can buy and they've been able to win some games. But look at them now in the NFL. Tread is about to be labeled a bust and you hardly have heard anything out of the others. One is five star is coaching JUCO. My six year old son could be named head coach with that talent and go 6-6.
Except that college coaches are judged by what they accomplish in college and not what their players do in the NFL.

mic
09-05-2016, 05:01 PM
So, tell me this... if Dan is gone after this year what is the answer? Who would you look for and what would be the qualifications. Don't list people you know we can't get

Tony Dungy
Mike Leach
Gary Patterson
Butch Davis
Chris Petterson

Since these were all interested in the UMiss gig I'm sure they would come to Msu.*****

msbulldog
09-05-2016, 05:07 PM

There is another very long thread discussing this subject.

dawgs
09-05-2016, 05:08 PM

I would like to see a link for that info on the usm contract. Even if usm was his dream job, he'd be a moron to sign something like that.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2016, 05:17 PM
I would like to see a link for that info on the usm contract. Even if usm was his dream job, he'd be a moron to sign something like that.

Yeah not buying that one either. Who signs a contract and says I'll give all my money back if i leave. And I'm assuming hopson has a agent and there no way an agent works out that deal. If he does he's the worst agent in the history of agents.

Brahmabull
09-05-2016, 05:18 PM
If Hopson is the real deal, he will replace Freeze in mid year 2017 or before 2018.

SDDawg
09-05-2016, 05:23 PM

Correct.

DogsofAnarchy
09-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Your post doesn't make sense. If Freeze can't coach then how did all those "busts" win while they were at OM. He is a damn cheater but he can coach offense like a world champ.

confucius say
09-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Stupid Thread is stupid. You hire the best coach available who will take the job, lifer or not. Should Houston not have hired Herman, Utah not hired urban? Geez.

And this is why the ad is always more important than the head coach at non destination jobs.

ScoobaDawg
09-05-2016, 05:55 PM

we have a 7+ page thread on it.. try to keep up...

lastmajordog
09-05-2016, 06:06 PM

If I remember correctly Preacher whipped Dogs butts his FIRST year and played the crap out of Bama, score didn?t indicate it but they did. Look TAMU has got players, Texas has had players, NOTRE DAME has had players on and on and on. He record against good or better teams is pretty impressive as bad as i hate to admit it.

EliteDawgEnforcer
09-05-2016, 06:06 PM

Well he is a dawg. Back to shaping young minds tomorrow.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Freeze is to coaching what Taco Bell is to Mexican food. It may look good but in the end both will burn your ass and leave you wondering why you ever tried it.

Hey, ease off the sh*t about Taco Bell. I know a manager at the Bell that has the clout to get you banned. ***

starkvegasdawg
09-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Hey, ease off the sh*t about Taco Bell. I know a manager at the Bell that has the clout to get you banned. ***

If he eats there he'll do it from the men's room.

starkvegasdawg
09-05-2016, 06:12 PM
If I remember correctly Preacher whipped Dogs butts his FIRST year and played the crap out of Bama, score didn?t indicate it but they did. Look TAMU has got players, Texas has had players, NOTRE DAME has had players on and on and on. He record against good or better teams is pretty impressive as bad as i hate to admit it.

He's good at getting his hired guns up for big games, but he always loses at least one head scratcher of a game every season. I stand by his wins are more a product of his hired thugs and not his coaching ability. A good coach doesn't have players say they never got better while there.