PDA

View Full Version : Jeffrey simmons' debut

msstate7
09-05-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm really excited to see this kid. Who do we expect him to be backing up?

GTHOM
09-05-2016, 12:44 PM
He won't play as much as he should because he's a freshman. Torrey Dale deserves his reps because ''he's a program guy''

msstate7
09-05-2016, 12:50 PM
He won't play as much as he should because he's a freshman. Torrey Dale deserves his reps because ''he's a program guy''

He'll play. Leo Lewis started and played like the entire game. Couch played. Mixon played. Fletcher Adams played

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Can he cover a TE?

GTHOM
09-05-2016, 12:53 PM
He'll play. Leo Lewis started and played like the entire game. Couch played. Mixon played. Fletcher Adams played

Couch had 1 catch not sure he played much after that. Mixon played some but not enough. Same with Fletch. I didnt say Simmons wouldnt play I said he wouldnt play enough

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Can he cover a TE?

Probably just as good as what you saw Saturday.

msstate7
09-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Couch had 1 catch not sure he played much after that. Mixon played some but not enough. Same with Fletch. I didnt say Simmons wouldnt play I said he wouldnt play enough

I think we're gonna have to do something about Myles out wide. We could flip him and Ross, move Ross out wide with dear/mixon in slot, or we could maybe put couch in Myles' spot.

Mixon looks quick and elusive to me; but as long as Ross and dear are in the slot, I don't think we'll see a lot of mixon.

Goldendawg
09-05-2016, 01:22 PM
Over and under on how many times ***hat announcers remind us of the legal incident?

Technetium
09-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Over and under on how many times ***hat announcers remind us of the legal incident?

4. Once when he first plays a snap, and 3 more times for each TFL.

Bothrops
09-05-2016, 02:08 PM
I want to see Ross on the outside most of the time. Dear will be back, I reckon.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 02:43 PM
I think we're gonna have to do something about Myles out wide. We could flip him and Ross, move Ross out wide with dear/mixon in slot, or we could maybe put couch in Myles' spot.

Mixon looks quick and elusive to me; but as long as Ross and dear are in the slot, I don't think we'll see a lot of mixon.

The problem is we have too many slot receivers and very few outside wide receivers. Based on what I saw Saturday I think Couch is our best outside guy. I'd maybe move Justin Johnson back to wide receiver as well and use Ross, Dear, Gray, and Myles in the slot.

Of course it may not matter much with a quarterback that can only throw 10-15 yards downfield.

PassInterference
09-05-2016, 03:17 PM
The sub-6 foot WR crew. Croomesque. That stuff hurts a program.

Bothrops
09-05-2016, 03:31 PM
We wouldn't have that problem if Bear had stayed, and Fred Brown hadn't screwed up. Not a recruiting issue.

JoseBrown
09-05-2016, 03:34 PM
The problem is we have too many slot receivers and very few outside wide receivers. Based on what I saw Saturday I think Couch is our best outside guy. I'd maybe move Justin Johnson back to wide receiver as well and use Ross, Dear, Gray, and Myles in the slot.

Of course it may not matter much with a quarterback that can only throw 10-15 yards downfield.

To be honest his best passes are thrown from LOS back 5 yards, with all due respect to dam.williams. He does a pretty good job of it. And from LOS forward 10 yards when wideout will cooperate and stand still. Anything further than that has a great shot at being intercepted in the SEC games. Hope that helps...

sandwolf
09-05-2016, 08:34 PM
We wouldn't have that problem if Bear had stayed, and Fred Brown hadn't screwed up. Not a recruiting issue.

Is this a serious post? Fred Brown and Jesse Jackson were going to be the only outside receivers on the roster coming into this season (it was widely known that Bear was leaving early) and you don't think that there was a failure in recruiting?

msstate7
09-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Is this a serious post? Fred Brown and Jesse Jackson were going to be the only outside receivers on the roster coming into this season (it was widely known that Bear was leaving early) and you don't think that there was a failure in recruiting?

Aj was certainly a miss, but Todd was a 4* and couch had offers from fsu, bama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri. and Tennessee. Both are over 6'5"

archdog
09-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Glad we lost last game. Now before the game the talking heads have something else to talk about.

HoopsDawg
09-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Aj was certainly a miss, but Todd was a 4* and couch had offers from fsu, bama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri. and Tennessee. Both are over 6'5"

Don't kid yourself man. Those offers for Couch weren't legit and Paul and Robbie bumped up Todd after the fact like they always do. See Jung.

sandwolf
09-06-2016, 03:22 PM

Right, aside from not signing AJ Brown, I don't have a problem with the outside WR's we signed in the 2016 class. My problem is with the earlier signing classes that left us with just 3 returning WR's over 6' tall.....specifically the 2014 and 2015 classes, when the only 6'+ WR signee we had was Jesse Jackson at 6'-2", and he was coming off of a serious knee injury. That is bad recruiting and the reason that we don't have any big WR targets to throw the ball to. And then on top of that, we have an absolute army of giant TE's on the roster that we never ****ing use!

msstate7
09-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Right, aside from not signing AJ Brown, I don't have a problem with the outside WR's we signed in the 2016 class. My problem is with the earlier signing classes that left us with just 3 returning WR's over 6' tall.....specifically the 2014 and 2015 classes, when the only 6'+ WR signee we had was Jesse Jackson at 6'-2", and he was coming off of a serious knee injury. That is bad recruiting and the reason that we don't have any big WR targets to throw the ball to. And then on top of that, we have an absolute army of giant TE's on the roster that we never ****ing use!

To be fair, bear and Fred brown should be on this team

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 03:30 PM

And all that after we set SEC offensive records in 2014...smdh

msstate7
09-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Don't kid yourself man. Those offers for Couch weren't legit and Paul and Robbie bumped up Todd after the fact like they always do. See Jung.

Every recruiting service shows the same offers. ESPN and scout list couch as 4*. Not sure why you've dogged this kid every chance you get

msstate7
09-06-2016, 03:32 PM
And all that after we set SEC offensive records in 2014...smdh

I guess it's mullen's fault bear left early despite being told not too and Fred brown can't follow team rules

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2016, 03:35 PM
I guess it's mullen's fault bear left early despite being told not too and Fred brown can't follow team rules

No it's his fault we were depending on only 2 quality outside WR's

HoopsDawg
09-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Every recruiting service shows the same offers. ESPN and scout list couch as 4*. Not sure why you've dogged this kid every chance you get

Reggie Todd is still a 2 star on Scout. Paul and Robbie have become masters at getting kids bumped. I haven't dogged Couch, I just don't think some of those offers were committable and I think a lot of schools(and Steve Robertson) thought he projected as a TE.

msstate7
09-06-2016, 03:39 PM
No it's his fault we were depending on only 2 quality outside WR's

Add them with couch and Todd backing up and the situation isn't nearly as dire

Dawg61
09-06-2016, 03:45 PM
I thought we signed Randy Moss 2.0 very late. Put him in the game.