PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Watch This: Sorry for showing you Filet Minion

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Oh, what used to be. Oh how I crave this offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciaK9LT0laQ

EngDawg
09-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Our O-line isn't good enough to run the read option.

Leroy Jenkins
09-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Seems like a long time ago.

Tbonewannabe
09-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Reminds me that Chris Relf is the 2nd best QB of Mullen's tenure. Also watching how fast Perkins was until they put another 20 -30 lbs on him to make him our every down back makes me sad. Fitz could be as good as Relf was as a senior right now if Dan was willing to run that offense except now he wants to run Texas Tech finesse throwing spread instead of power run game.

Spiderman
09-05-2016, 12:30 PM

Huh?

That's exactly why we SHOULD run it. Option can hide oline weakness.

That's why the service academies have historically run option. You can help weaker, smaller O linemen with it.

GTHOM
09-05-2016, 12:35 PM

Wow shows how much people really know. The reason people invented the option was to be able to run the football better with inferior lineman.

If you cant block him, then read him. Thats the whole point.

Only reason we're not running this anymore with Fitz's big ass is because it makes too much sense for Dan to do it. He has to reinvent the wheel and show us all how smart he is

War Machine Dawg
09-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Huh?

That's why the service academies have historically run option. You can help weaker, smaller O linemen with it.

Hey, don't be bringing facts and logic up in here. That's like taking a nuke to a knife fight.

Pollodawg
09-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Huh?

No need for reality up in hurr. I kept wondering all day Sat where the frick was the option.

starkvegasdawg
09-05-2016, 12:56 PM
where the frick was the option.

Evidently it wasn't an option. Guess we wanted to keep everything vanilla playing such an inferior opponent to not have anything on tape.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Huh?

Exactly! The option HELPS the oline and it's hard to defend. It's why teams are still running it after all these years. It helps hide deficiencies in the oline. It's why the service academy use it cause they don't have 320 pounders. We need to get back to running option football.

Goldendawg
09-05-2016, 01:20 PM
I had forgotten how good that offense was and how excellent Relf ran it. Reads, options, screens, stretching the field on play action, and TWO guys open in the end zone fighting each other for a TD reception. "Dan, Dan, come back Dan" (stolen from the end of the classic Western "Shane".

Dawgowar
09-05-2016, 01:30 PM
I remember the HC we hired. His wife got off the jet with a big ass notebook with 'RECRUITING' written on it. They lifted it as they walked on the tarmac. I remember that same new young coach saying the spread would put our best athletes in space. Added you tailored the offense to your players strengths.

I want the HC who was a prick to our rivals, not our fanbase. Newsflash Dan - this program will NEVER evolve or move past the Egg Bowl being important. Not just in terms of w-l record but psychologically to every true maroon fan. Get that edge back now!

This shit is fixable. $4 mil a year ought to buy us a focused employee. He has been given every new facility he demanded. Our Marketing is as talented as it has ever been and just won awards. And you can't manage your roster?

Take you, your baggy-ass shorts and smirk and get this team right.

And have a nice f'ing day.

Goldendawg
09-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Also, quit giving former walk-ons a signiicant # of snaps at LB when we are supposed to be loaded at that position. Put the best players on the field and run an offense that best matches their abilities and puts them in a position to succeed. Leave them in the game except for a needed break by the next best player no matter how long he has been on the team. This should go for all positions.

Technetium
09-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Agreed on Perkins. Forgot hot deadly he was as a passing threat before he became the feature back. I wish we'd see Holloway in that role rather than running him up the middle each drive.

I still can't believe Aeris only got a couple of carries on Saturday. He ran with power that has been sorely lacking in our offense recently.

Leroy Jenkins
09-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Remember when we put up 52 vs Mich with a WR corps of Bump, Rico Sanders, Arceto Clark and Brandon Heavens? Outside of Chris Smith there was not a 6 footer among them. I think Aries can be what Ballard was, Holloway has demonstrated he can play the Perkins role. Fitz can absolutely do what Relf could do. Bottom line this team has more talent at the skill positions that that team. OL is.... well, I dont know.

That 2011 D played hard too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LEn5q3szEI

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2016, 01:56 PM
The over-arching point here is that MSU has never & will never win with finesse. That would be like Michigan State or Alabama going to the West Coast Offense. It's not in their DNA & it's not in ours either.

We are a blue-collar school that recruits, tough blue collar players, & wins in tough, blue collar ways. Whatever dream Dan Mullen had about what he wanted our offense to be, the minute he got away from smash mouth, was the minute he was headed in the wrong direction.

I don't know if the mentality & physicality of this program can change in a week, but we are not going to get back to winning until it does. Physicality is an attitude & expectation, it's not about talent. It's time to get back to it.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2016, 02:16 PM
I remember the HC we hired. His wife got off the jet with a big ass notebook with 'RECRUITING' written on it. They lifted it as they walked on the tarmac. I remember that same new young coach saying the spread would put our best athletes in space. Added you tailored the offense to your players strengths.

I want the HC who was a prick to our rivals, not our fanbase. Newsflash Dan - this program will NEVER evolve or move past the Egg Bowl being important. Not just in terms of w-l record but psychologically to every true maroon fan. Get that edge back now!

This shit is fixable. $4 mil a year ought to buy us a focused employee. He has been given every new facility he demanded. Our Marketing is as talented as it has ever been and just won awards. And you can't manage your roster?

Take you, your baggy-ass shorts and smirk and get this team right.

And have a nice f'ing day.

Dang man you got me fired up! This is it in a nutshell. He gets back to doing those things, it's all good. Can he? We gonna find out. I honestly hope he can, I want Dan to be our guy but he's got to start doing everything you just said! Amen!

gravedigger
09-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Huh?

Yea, dont feed that troll.

Coursesuper
09-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Did anyone see two linemen wiff their defenders on a screen? The play would have gone for a nice gain but was a loss instead.

JoseBrown
09-05-2016, 03:20 PM

Thank you! I needed that! Thought I was gonna see that in StarksVegas Saturday...well, I guess there's this Saturday...what am I talking about, you can't even teach RBs to pass block in three years...shit

Well, it was fun to re-live that again anyway!

Bully13
09-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Oh how I crave those Croom olinemen.

War Machine Dawg
09-05-2016, 07:39 PM
The over-arching point here is that MSU has never & will never win with finesse. That would be like Michigan State or Alabama going to the West Coast Offense. It's not in their DNA & it's not in ours either.

We are a blue-collar school that recruits tough, blue collar players & wins in tough, blue collar ways. Whatever dream Dan Mullen had about what he wanted our offense to be, the minute he got away from smash mouth, was the minute he was headed in the wrong direction.

I don't know if the mentality & physicality of this program can change in a week, but we are not going to get back to winning until it does. Physicality is an attitude & expectation, it's not about talent. It's time to get back to it.

This ALL. DAY. LONG. It's all about a mentality. That's why I harped & harped on it last year and I'll continue to harp & harp on it until it changes. MSU has always been and will always be about being the meanest bully on the field. When we stop being physical is when we go into the shitter.

It reminds me of something The Kang always said when he was here: We'll never win a track meet with Florida. Translation: We win by making the game "ugly" and beating up the other team physically. Mullen has started trying to have a track meet instead of beating up the other guy.

War Machine Dawg
09-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Oh how I crave those Croom olinemen.

As shitty as Croom was at everything else, the man could damn sure identify and recruit some o-linemen. Also not a coincidence his OL coach, JB Grimes, is OL coach at The Barn now.