PDA

View Full Version : Man, B&B show opened my eyes on one thing this morning....

maroonmania
09-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Hadad went through our 2013 and 2014 signing classes and who out of those classes are actually contributors to our team. Certainly put a magnifying glass on why we have a lot of the problems we currently do on this football team. A ton of those guys are not only not on the 2 deep, they aren't even on the team any more. Also another reason why we only have about 78 scholarship players.

Dawg4Life
09-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Hadad went through our 2013 and 2014 signing classes and who out of those classes are actually contributors to our team. Certainly put a magnifying glass on why we have a lot of the problems we currently do on this football team. A ton of those guys are not only not on the 2 deep, they aren't even on the team any more. Also another reason why we only have about 78 scholarship players.

I just listened and it was fantastic. Double Coverage was good as well.

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Listening now. It's amazing how different the average fan's perception of Mullen is right now compared to Bobby C.

Again, this staff & administration is unable to actually get a feel for what the fan base is seeing.

Fans think Mullen is un-engaged

Bobby C sees no different between now & past years

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Listening now. It's amazing how different the average fan's perception of Mullen is right now compared to Bobby C.

Again, this staff & administration is unable to actually get a feel for what the fan base is seeing.

Fans think Mullen is un-engaged

Bobby C sees no different between now & past years

Maybe the reason Bobby C feels that way is it's true from his perspective but Dak covered up a LOT of deficiencies. Is Dan still around right now if Dak doesn't come in and lead the comeback in the 2013 Egg Bowl which we almost lost because of Dan's special teams? Does 2014 and 2015 happen if we don't have Dak to win as the few Mullen supporters scream "19 wins in two years!"?

msbulldog
09-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Maybe the reason Bobby C feels that way is it's true from his perspective but Dak covered up a LOT of deficiencies. Is Dan still around right now if Dak doesn't come in and lead the comeback in the 2013 Egg Bowl which we almost lost because of Dan's special teams? Does 2014 and 2015 happen if we don't have Dak to win as the few Mullen supporters scream "19 wins in two years!"?

Easy answer, No!

bluelightstar
09-05-2016, 10:33 AM

I really believe that Mullen got lazy in 2014, thought he'd ride Dak to Georgia or Miami, and his lack of recruiting would be somebody else's problem. We give him $4 million and he really tried to just leave us with a broken program. It pisses me off.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-05-2016, 10:38 AM
It sounds to me that we have a lack of leadership in the locker room. AJ Jefferson said as much that the young players thought it was over at half and the older guys didn't step up and get in their faces. We better have a vocal leader step up or its going to get bad.

dawgday166
09-05-2016, 10:38 AM

Special teams always suck under Mullen. Drives me crazy how many missed FGs and shanked punts we have all the time.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 10:39 AM
I really believe that Mullen got lazy in 2014, thought he'd ride Dak to Georgia or Miami, and his lack of recruiting would be somebody else's problem. We give him $4 million and he really tried to just leave us with a broken program. It pisses me off.

I think you are correct. But if you are going to ride a player like that I think you should go all in with the team and make it the best you can. If Dan takes us to the Sugar Bowl last year he probably would have gotten what he wanted on that front.

msbulldog
09-05-2016, 10:44 AM
I think you are correct. But if you are going to ride a player like that I think you should go all in with the team and make it the best you can. If Dan takes us to the Sugar Bowl last year he probably would have gotten what he wanted on that front.

The sad thing is the game that cost us the Sugar Bowl was a blowout at DWS and the team looked totally unprepared and CDM grinned about it.

oldjoedawg
09-05-2016, 11:21 AM

Todd....another side to that coin.....if CDM and Hev not at MSU, does Dak ever show up at MSU? NO.....so we can try and have it both ways, but won't work. Without those two, he would have been wearing purple and gold and we would have never had the pleasure of 2014-2105 and the 2013 EB.....just saying, be careful about for what you wish....

My comment has nothing to do with what should be done regarding our staff now, but cannot honestly say Dak saved CDM without also acknowledging that CDM gave us Dak to celebrate!

DogsofAnarchy
09-05-2016, 11:46 AM
acknowledgement of Dan recruiting perhaps the best QB we have ever had. Dan didn't start Dak until he was a damn junior. Spare me. That guy was the best QB on our team when he was a true freshman and everyone knew it. That's Dan's entire problem. Won't put the players in the field and is determined to be an offensive genius instead of just running what he is good at.

Todd....another side to that coin.....if CDM and Hev not at MSU, does Dak ever show up at MSU? NO.....so we can try and have it both ways, but won't work. Without those two, he would have been wearing purple and gold and we would have never had the pleasure of 2014-2105 and the 2013 EB.....just saying, be careful about for what you wish....

My comment has nothing to do with what should be done regarding our staff now, but cannot honestly say Dak saved CDM without also acknowledging that CDM gave us Dak to celebrate!

ZedFedder
09-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Just remember Bob works for the university, so he is going to say those things regardless because if he did get too negative, it would cost him his job.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-05-2016, 12:03 PM

But there's no way he could've gotten there last year with our piss poor O-line recruiting. We started a ****in first year converted OT in Dak's senior...what a ****in travesty.

DanDority
09-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Dan didn't start Dak until he was a damn junior. Spare me

This x 100000000000000! I remember hearing our former wr coach who left for FSU, sorry I can't remember his name. But he said at a meeting I went to after our Gator Bowl lose to NW. People were fighting mad that we didn't play Dak and wanted an explanation. His answer was that in his opinion Dak was the better QB but Dan wanted to go with the senior,"Tyler Russell". Never the less that coach was gone within a week.

IMissJack
09-05-2016, 12:20 PM

Why didn't Hadad bring this up the last couple of weeks, instead of picking us to win 8-9 games? Amazing how this one game has refocused all of our reality.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 12:22 PM
This x 100000000000000! I remember hearing our former wr coach who left for FSU, sorry I can't remember his name. But he said at a meeting I went to after our Gator Bowl lose to NW. People were fighting mad that we didn't play Dak and wanted an explanation. His answer was that in his opinion Dak was the better QB but Dan wanted to go with the senior,"Tyler Russell". Never the less that coach was gone within a week.

I spoke with a starting O lineman the summer before Russell's senior year. He told me point blank that Dak Prescott was the real deal and better than Tyler Russell at every facet of the game.

War Machine Dawg
09-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Just remember Bob works for the university, so he is going to say those things regardless because if he did get too negative, it would cost him his job.

Yep. Just like Wyatt, Bob C works for the company. He's not saying anything that isn't company approved.

Reunion Dog
09-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Bob F'ing C is just a big of wussy as our male cheerleader AD from jackson prep. that little punk would't even know how to put on a damn jock... We have chumps running our Athletic Department. Remember at Arkansas when we missed the FG on the last play of regulation and the male cheerleader went to console the kicker and Mullen jumped his ass and he immediately ran back behind the bench? Wake up people... There are reasons we are the laughing stock of the SEC... and these 2 panzies are our Up Front Marketing people... typical Mississippi State bs...

anubus
09-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Special teams always suck under Mullen. Drives me crazy how many missed FGs and shanked punts we have all the time.

another thing was no punt returns.