PDA

View Full Version : Todd or anyone ....baseball

ScottH
09-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Gene reported this weekend that Goldwater left last week. Genes words..."his choice"
Any clue what's up with that?

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 12:27 AM
I’m not sure. He was going to be a candidate for first base or the corner outfield. Cole Gordon had a pretty good summer- better than Goldwater- and he came up with some big hits in pinch hit situations last year. I could see Rooker possibly being moved to first base as well because we have some other outfielders that look pretty good like Hunter Vansau, Cody Brown, Vince MacNamee, and Brant Blaylock that are going to compete for playing time as well.

Taog Redloh
09-05-2016, 08:01 AM
There's a log jam in the OF with 3 returning starters (Brown, Mangum, Rooker). I would not look much further than that, guys want to play. I guess 1B is in play with these guys too but I think Gordon is the guy there.

Madisonmd
09-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Ahhhhhh! A breath of fresh air from the football debacle. Thanks guys!

msstate7
09-05-2016, 08:08 AM

And it's such good news... Quick, someone give us some bad news about basketball too

maroonmania
09-05-2016, 08:17 AM
And it's such good news... Quick, someone give us some bad news about basketball too

Well, speaking of basketball and possible bad news, did we ever get final word on whether Ado is eligible to play this year or not?

msbulldog
09-05-2016, 08:25 AM

Amen.

State82
09-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Just a question regarding baseball is a pleasant change from that Charlie Foxtrot on Saturday

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 12:18 PM

Based on Goldwater's K/BB ratio and the summer he had I'm not really sure that I would consider this bad news. Or at the very least I've seen a lot worse.

msstate7
09-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Just a question regarding baseball is a pleasant change from that Charlie Foxtrot on Saturday

Good thing we didn't fire Cohen after he finished dead last in the sec 2 years ago. Just a thought...

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Good thing we didn't fire Cohen after he finished dead last in the sec 2 years ago. Just a thought...

That's easier to tolerate when Cohen isn't smiling about losing to Arkansas Pine Bluff, is recruiting well, and had taken us to the finals in the CWS. And yes people question Cohen's meddling but I'll take at least trying to find someone that will work over just playing a senior because he's a senior.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 12:44 PM
And to add if we would have had another losing season Cohen probably would have been fired.

msstate7
09-05-2016, 12:52 PM
And to add if we would have had another losing season Cohen probably would have been fired.
And probably would've deserved it. He bounced back though. Our fanbase wants to fire Mullen before week 2 of the season

AlSwearengen
09-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Todd, or anyone else that keeps up closely, does it appear in the early stages that our recruiting is clicking along at about the same level as it was with Mingione? Without looking closely, the commits that we have gotten lately seem to be on par with what we have been getting previously.

ScottH
09-05-2016, 01:36 PM
The one thing I never doubt is Cohen hates losing as much or more than I do.

Coach Yeezy not so much.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Todd, or anyone else that keeps up closely, does it appear in the early stages that our recruiting is clicking along at about the same level as it was with Mingione? Without looking closely, the commits that we have gotten lately seem to be on par with what we have been getting previously.

I think so. Hutchinson, Jordan Anderson, and Josh Hatcher are every bit as good as what we are used to getting and we have managed to keep commitments from Quenton Holmes and Jack Owen. Most of those guys I mentioned are draft risks. Especially Holmes and Anderson.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 04:00 PM
And probably would've deserved it. He bounced back though. Our fanbase wants to fire Mullen before week 2 of the season

Dan will have a chance to bounce back and could turn it around this season. I think most of us realize that people displaying the actions that Dan is showing are a lot less likely to turn it around. We'll see.