PDA

View Full Version : Give Damian a break

Love my bulldogs
09-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Y'all had your opinion now it's mine. We know how this will all end cause of the big dollar boosters and the politics of it.
Damian Williams can throw down the field. He have to do what the coaches tell him to do. How can y'all discredit him for that? You want give him a chance and if you think Fitz is it then you are wrong. It was the play calling that lost the game not Damian. Could y'all tell there was no throws to Fred Ross. What was up with that?

lamont
09-04-2016, 10:27 PM
If he could throw it down the field- the coaches would call it. The coaches want to win as much as anyone. Its their life and livelihood. The coaches know what plays he does best

Damien is not an SEC-level QB

fmbdawg17
09-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Are you Damien Williams?

confucius say
09-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Nice first post.

Damian actually put us in position to win the game and we just missed the fg. Not his fault. Nobody is blaming him for the loss; everybody is blaming Dan. But damian has a low ceiling and that's a fact.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Pretty sure we saw Damian throw down field yesterday. Problem was the ball bounced with not a receiver in the screen.

He's a solid backup, but, as the results showed yesterday, he needs a ton of help around him to win

fmbdawg17
09-04-2016, 10:32 PM
By the way, we have MUCH larger issues with this team than just the QB. That situation will work itself out. What's the point of even having a QB if your offensive line can't open holes against a 2nd team middling Sun Belt line? Our secondary is abysmal. Our head coach doesn't care. Again, much bigger issues than just QB.

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Pretty sure we saw Damian throw down field yesterday. Problem was the ball bounced with not a receiver in the screen.

He's a solid backup, but, as the results showed yesterday, he needs a ton of help around him to win

exactly, we've got passes landing near the sideline when the receiver is running a post. There was no lack of effort on his part, but we have to have at least the threat of going downfield.

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Not saying Fitz is the answer, but he has a few more tools to work with. He's taller faster and better runner and yes can throws the deep ball better. We saw glimpses of it last year. I've heard and read David Murray say that Fitz can spin it with best of them. He should have taken snaps in the second half after S. Al adjusted to Williams play and our play calling

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 10:45 PM
No one is blaming any of the players individually. Everyone I have seen is blaming the coaches and rightfully so.

preachermatt83
09-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Are you Damien Williams?

Hahaha!! I was about to post the exact same thing.

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Welcome Mr./Mrs. Williams! Your son is an outstanding competitor to have stuck it out for so long, but he is limited athletically. If he was capable of throwing the deep ball, we would've called the plays to let him. As others pointed out, we had several instances where he threw a ball to a WR that was nowhere to be found. I appreciate him for sticking around and fighting, but he's a backup QB in the SEC. We must see if we have someone else with the tools to succeed at this level. I wish Damian all the best the rest of the year.

Beaver
09-04-2016, 11:09 PM
We know how this will all end cause of the big dollar boosters and the politics of it.

Go on...

Dawgtini
09-05-2016, 12:05 AM
No.

mstatefan91
09-05-2016, 12:45 AM
Damien has to prove that he can throw it down the field before the coaches will call it in a real game. Obviously, he hasn't. No hate. Just not accepting BS excuses.

I seen it dawg
09-05-2016, 12:53 AM
Give MSU football a break. ****ing tired of giving people breaks. How about be accountable for shitty coaching, shitty execution, shitty playing. Be accountable for your shit and quit asking for a muther****ing break. ****ing pussies.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-05-2016, 01:00 AM
Damien is a solid backup, not a starter in the SEC. I rewatched the six plays by Fitz and they were not great but solid. JJ should have caught the ball on the 2nd series and it was a very good defensive play on his 1st pass. I saw nothing to warrant keeping Fitz from playing in the 2nd half. Nothing. Poor coaching.

JohnnyQuid
09-05-2016, 02:20 AM
Don't make this something it isnt - has nothing to do with boosters or politics etc etc.

I think alot of damian williams he's done what he can when he's been called on in his career - but he's not the answer for us at QB. not sure what you see that I haven't but he struggles with throws in the 10-15 yard range much less going downfield.

there might be times we can use him but we won't be successful if he's getting majority of the snaps

Coursesuper
09-05-2016, 07:03 AM
This post is indicative of exactly what i suspected is going on with this team. Gents we have issues, and this will end ugly.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 07:09 AM
This post is indicative of exactly what i suspected is going on with this team. Gents we have issues, and this will end ugly.

I believe you are right.

mic
09-05-2016, 07:35 AM
DW is what he is a backup sec level QB.. No knock on the kid.
Problem is Fitz might be same... Of course we only saw him take 6 snaps... And jury is still out on Tiano...

Roll with Fitz or Tiano they both give us the best shot going forward and the next few years. The Thompson kid is an EE , get him ready to be the starter and if he wins the job it's his a true frosh

Seems pretty simple to me.. And don't give me that bullshit they aren't ready.. There are true frosh and redshirt freshmen at QB all over the field this past weekend making plays for teams.. If they aren't ready after 1-2 years then that's on the staff...

mic
09-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Give MSU football a break. ****ing tired of giving people breaks. How about be accountable for shitty coaching, shitty execution, shitty playing. Be accountable for your shit and quit asking for a muther****ing break. ****ing pussies.

Forward to CDM....

djaymsu5
09-05-2016, 07:47 AM

+1000

Churchill
09-05-2016, 08:41 AM

Exactly what I was thinking

fader2103
09-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Damien throws the ball downfield as good as Holloway runs up the middle.

TUSK
09-05-2016, 11:23 AM

That sounds a lot like what I think about society as a whole.... good post...

oldwave
09-05-2016, 11:40 AM

Exactly. Maybe I expect too much, but MSU should be able to play a first or second team QB and coaches run basic offensive and defensive schemes and still beat the snot out of S. Bama. What I saw was a poorly mentally prepared team and a piss poor physical effort by most players. Plenty of fault to go around for coaching staff and players too.

boot
09-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Knowing how Mullen works, we probably won't see Thompson take a meaningful snap til 2019 or 20.

fader2103
09-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Knowing how Mullen works, we probably won't see Thompson take a meaningful snap til 2019 or 20.

You going to be watching the likes of Boston College?

PendingTransaction
09-05-2016, 12:27 PM
I pray that DW never takes another snap at MSU. Not because I don't think he can play, but because he will continue to be scapegoat for a lackluster team. Some are totally convinced that Fitz is the savior and Mullen is God.

boot
09-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Not quite sure where you're going with that one, bud.