PDA

View Full Version : UNM / NOLES

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Ok Random and the rest of you “enlightened” and I mean that complimentary.... minds....what’s your take on Monday night’s revival......uhhh I mean game??......

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:22 PM
My take is we have our own problems. If I had to give an opinion, it means more to FSU. If the Confederates win they will just have to vacate it it anyway.

lamont
09-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Mississippi is dangerous on offense- Fla State returns all the trench guys

I view it like Auburn-Clemson. When you have 6 months to get ready for your opponent- and you are good in the trenches- you will keep them at bay.

Can OM's new OL handle Fla State's DL?
If Fla State can run the ball effectively- they will win. OM's DL has given Bama and LSU fits lately and thats why they have beaten them.
OM's offense is dangerous- but Fla State has elite talent and 6 months to gameplan

Fla State by 10+

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Im as enlightened as anyone and I say the FSU DL is going to eat. Also I say Cook goes off on the landshart D even though they load the box. EVERY FSU starter returns on offense (except QB) and they have a top 5 DL. Its a a bad matchup for the bears. The FSU strengths are the bears weakness. Cook goes against a suspect bear LB corps, and a suspect bear OL goes against a great DL. The one thing I will say is taking shots downfield with MGK and those WRs give them a chance.

31-13 Noles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysoPVwMugNM

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Thanks Random...I appreciate and value your football prowess......anyone else??? Leroy I have heard someone else say NOLEs def front is going to block/impede a lot of what MGK does......should be interesting...

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Not an expert, but I think the game will come down to FSU's DL & Ole Miss' OL.

Ole Miss has a new OL & FSU has basically an NFL DL. If Kelly has time to throw, the best case for Ole Miss is to win a 34ish-24 or so type game.

I think Dalvin Cook will run for 150+ but I also think Francios will throw a pick or two.

Best case for FSU is that their DL just dominates Ole Miss' OL & they win 32-10 or so in a game that is similar to OM vs Florida from last year.

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 10:32 PM
thanks SGD....alot of insight there...I love this board

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 10:42 PM
My take is we have our own problems. If I had to give an opinion, it means more to FSU. If the Confederates win they will just have to vacate it it anyway.

Yes but I think what happens tomorrow night has a DIRECT affect on the DOGS.....from recruiting to the actual field. Thanks to the guys that commented......

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Yes but I think what happens tomorrow night has a DIRECT affect on the DOGS.....from recruiting to the actual field. Thanks to the guys that commented......

Only if they escape probation. If they do then you are correct.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 10:47 PM
My two favorite teams have been MSU and whoever is playing UM for 50 plus years now. I think UM's rebuilt OL is very suspect. If so, they lose big time. I too am more worried about us after sitting through that entire debacle yesterday.

TUSK
09-04-2016, 10:50 PM
2 words:

1) Dalvin
2) Cook

Robert Nkemdiche ain't walkin' through that door...

msstate7
09-04-2016, 10:52 PM
2 words:

1) Dalvin
2) Cook

Robert Nkemdiche ain't walkin' through that door...

Neither are Hilton and Elston... Both great safety run stoppers. Unfortunately, Conner will and he's a great player. I do worry about fsu plugging in a new center facing Isaac gross' quickness

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Only if they escape probation. If they do then you are correct.

But until then, there is always a Xena Reb, Leigh Ann Tuohy brothel wanna bees, Dickie Scruggs, Trent Lott, Fed Ex, Bankers network, Lawyers Network, college board, Ms Legislative appropriations committee, Trial Lawyers Assn. Dick Pace alibi, web of power to get through. Not doubting you, but I’m old enough that I’ve seen it all so when it happens I will congratulate all involved. But until then I appreciate the intelligent discussion of football that AFFECTS MSU.....

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Elston got cut this weekend in the NFL. So did Fadol Brown and Jerrol Powe. About 6 State guys also.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Elston got cut this weekend in the NFL. So did Fadol Brown and Jerrol Powe. About 6 State guys also.

Shows how tough it is to make an nfl roster.

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Thanks Tusk, hope everyone watched the Longhorns whip that Irish behind.....great entertaining game. I want MSU BACK in the limelight...

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Every thread there is some guy saying "we need to worry about us". As if what gets typed on this board matters to the outcome. People are free to discuss other topics ya know. I think its funny when the guys who say "Im not worried about om" take the time to post in a thread about NMS.

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Neither are Hilton and Elston... Both great safety run stoppers. Unfortunately, Conner will and he's a great player. I do worry about fsu plugging in a new center facing Isaac gross' quickness

Still remains to be seen what Conner will be this year.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Still remains to be seen what Conner will be this year.

If he's healthy and can stay that way, he's a player. Health is the only question mark about him... Well maybe his eligibility with the NCAA in town

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 11:06 PM
I also am a lil concerned about Issac Gross getting in the new QB’s head.....

Goldendawg
The thread asked for my opinion and I stated that if their rebuilt OL wasn't real, they lose big time. Sorry I wandered from the thread parameters. Will try to do better in the future.

I seen it dawg
OM lost way too many key guys. I called an FSU boatrace earlier in the week but outside of calling Texas beating ND I've been garbage picking games. Now I say FSU in a close one.

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 11:14 PM
The thread asked for my opinion and I stated that if their rebuilt OL wasn't real, they lose big time. Sorry I wandered from the thread parameters. Will try to do better in the future.

good call GD.......i seen it...that made me LOL.... i resemble those predictions

Beaver
09-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Obviously rooting for FSU, but I won't be upset if OM wins. Why? Because it'll make us MSU fans even more upset at Mullen. I'm not on the 'fire Mullen' train yet, but I want him to hear the noise/groans from the fans. We all know what awaits OM in 2017, so if them starting out this season as a media darling is the shot in the arm Mullen needs then so be it.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:02 AM

By the way dude....................IF you are a Dawg...............play the damn game.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:05 AM
Obviously rooting for FSU, but I won't be upset if OM wins. Why? Because it'll make us MSU fans even more upset at Mullen. I'm not on the 'fire Mullen' train yet, but I want him to hear the noise/groans from the fans. We all know what awaits OM in 2017, so if them starting out this season as a media darling is the shot in the arm Mullen needs then so be it.

So you want to make it as difficult as possible for the coach at MSU. NICE.

Beaver
09-05-2016, 12:19 AM
So you want to make it as difficult as possible for the coach at MSU. NICE.

Uh no. As an SEC coach, having fans complain should not make your job more difficult. The Bulldog Creed is "I will give relentless effort." I want to see that effort from the head coach. It was not there Saturday. What is it going to take for Mullen to realize he's not practicing what he preaches?

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Uh no. As an SEC coach, having fans complain should not make your job more difficult. The Bulldog Creed is "I will give relentless effort." I want to see that effort from the head coach. It was not there Saturday. What is it going to take for Mullen to realize he's not practicing what he preaches?

UNREAL................Having your "own" fans attacking their own program makes ANY coach's job more difficult, from Pop Warner to NFL. Jeeze dude are you stupid or are you really the Beaver, aka Hugh Freeze? ......

Beaver
09-05-2016, 12:55 AM
UNREAL................Having your "own" fans attacking their own program makes ANY coach's job more difficult, from Pop Warner to NFL. Jeeze dude are you stupid or are you really the Beaver, aka Hugh Freeze? ......

There's a difference between 'attacking the program' and complaining about the effort of the head coach. Overall, MSU football is in much better shape this decade than the previous one and for that, Mullen deserves a lot of credit. However, it's apparent that he's grown complacent over the last couple of years and is not coaching with the same passion, 'strain', or relentless effort that we've seen in previous seasons. All I want is for Mullen to wake up and realize that he himself is better than this.

I seen it dawg
09-05-2016, 12:56 AM

Wahhhhhhh. Be ****ing better and there won't be attacks.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 01:18 AM
Wahhhhhhh. Be ****ing better and there won't be attacks.

Quit the attacks and we will be *****ing better. :D

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 01:21 AM
There's a difference between 'attacking the program' and complaining about the effort of the head coach. Overall, MSU football is in much better shape this decade than the previous one and for that, Mullen deserves a lot of credit. However, it's apparent that he's grown complacent over the last couple of years and is not coaching with the same passion, 'strain', or relentless effort that we've seen in previous seasons. All I want is for Mullen to wake up and realize that he himself is better than this.

It's apparent is it? Specify. I want specifics. Esp "over the last couple of years". Those two years were perhaps the best two our football program has ever known. I think you ARE Hugh Freeze..beaver.

blacklistedbully
09-05-2016, 02:16 AM

Give it up, Beaver. This dude is so out-of-touch with reality he actually thinks he's in the majority. You are wasting your time trying to use logic with him. Reasoning is not a strength with this one.

MaroonFlounder
09-05-2016, 03:15 AM

Fadol Brown is still at OM. He didn't come out for the draft.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Quit the attacks and we will be *****ing better. :D

Wut?! So we enter into this fantasy land of yours where we are as complacent as our head coach and everything will be better? They have a saying for that: Ignorance is bliss.

Ranchdawg
09-05-2016, 08:05 AM
2 Questions
1. Do y'all truly believe Mullen had last years team totally prepared for UNM?
2. Do y'all truly believe Mullen had this years team totally prepared for this first game?

This guy is getting paid approx $11k a day to have this team ready to play a 17" football game! Somebody is not doing their damn job! Screw consecutive bowl games, winning seasons, coaching up once in a lifetime OB, hoping to get sub par recruiting to win SEC football games and thinking that 195lb running back is going to run up the middle against SEC defensive fronts! This is about as bad as Croom with his QB recruiting!

msbulldog
09-05-2016, 08:21 AM
2 Questions
1. Do y'all truly believe Mullen had last years team totally prepared for UNM?
2. Do y'all truly believe Mullen had this years team totally prepared for this first game?

This guy is getting paid approx $11k a day to have this team ready to play a 17" football game! Somebody is not doing their damn job! Screw consecutive bowl games, winning seasons, coaching up once in a lifetime OB, hoping to get sub par recruiting to win SEC football games and thinking that 195lb running back is going to run up the middle against SEC defensive fronts! This is about as bad as Croom with his QB recruiting!

Holloway weighs closer to 180.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 08:23 AM

Soaking wet.

JoseBrown
09-05-2016, 08:29 AM
1. No.... I think Mullen was too pre-occupied with finding a job, and I think Manny was as well. I don't think they cared enough to get the team ready to win.

2. As for the Maine game, yea they were prepared, just not to win.

dawgday166
09-05-2016, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't count Freeze out on this one. As much as I dislike him, Freeze and his staff can come up with some good game plans when they're the underdog. Sometimes I wish our offensive "genius" was as creative and unpredictable (in a positive way) as Freeze is in big games.

Mutt the Hoople
09-05-2016, 10:50 AM
om will have no problem after losing players to the NFL.

Sincerely,

Dak Prescott

Leroy Jenkins
09-05-2016, 11:49 AM

sandwolf
09-05-2016, 01:54 PM

This is pretty much exactly where I am. I am definitely not for firing Mullen at this point, but I want his arrogant ass to feel some heat from our fan base.