PDA

View Full Version : Former MSU coach Melvin Smith fired as DC at UL-L...

MedDawg
09-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Melvin Smith left State for Auburn then was fired when Ellis Johnson was fired. Melvin Smith went to ULL as secondary coach in January 2015 then was promoted to DC in February 2015. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/09/ex-auburn_alabama_assistant_me.html

Former MSU coach Charlie Harbison (Coach Cheese) was also fired from Auburn and went with Melvin Smith to ULL as Co-DC and is apparently still there, although the ULL LB coach was promoted to DC.

NCDawg
09-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Melvin Smith left State for Auburn then was fired when Ellis Johnson was fired. Melvin Smith went to ULL as secondary coach in January 2015 then was promoted to DC in February 2015. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/09/ex-auburn_alabama_assistant_me.html

Former MSU coach Charlie Harbison (Coach Cheese) was also fired from Auburn and went with Melvin Smith to ULL as Co-DC and is apparently still there, although the ULL LB coach was promoted to DC.

At least Hudspeth has guts enough to make changes when things aren't working, friends or no friends. A little different from our Head Coach. I know Melvin Smith-he's a great guy and I'm sure it was tough for Hudspeth to make the change.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:37 AM
At least Hudspeth has guts enough to make changes when things aren't working, friends or no friends. A little different from our Head Coach. I know Melvin Smith-he's a great guy and I'm sure it was tough for Hudspeth to make the change.

Hud is a crook. A proven crook as far as the NCAA is concerned. I really don't know that much about him other than that he is the modern version of an untouchable. Whether you want to run the current staff off or not.......you need to forget that one. That door is closed, and probably closed forever. That is what comes with having ANY connection to the Confederates over the last many years. You better not have worked for them, or ever hired anyone that worked for them. It would be better if you had never even KNOWN anyone that worked for them.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 01:13 AM
It’s pretty shocking that anyone would hire Melvin Smith as a DC and Harbison was pretty bad as the DC here.

TUSK
09-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Wasn't Melvin the "bagman" in the "Camgate" fiasco?

Leroy Jenkins
09-05-2016, 02:31 AM
Wasn't Melvin the "bagman" in the "Camgate" fiasco?

Melvin went to AU in 2012. Cam was 2010ish. So no.

JohnnyQuid
09-05-2016, 02:37 AM
It’s pretty shocking that anyone would hire Melvin Smith as a DC and Harbison was pretty bad as the DC here.

I'm with ya. I always kinda liked Melvin smith but a DC he is not - weird even for ull

JoseBrown
09-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Maybe we could use his services, in the dark of night, transporting duffle bags across MS******

mic
09-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Hevsey laughs at this...

Dawgface
09-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Melvin went to AU in 2012. Cam was 2010ish. So no.

Maybe he was implying our bag man. ;)

was21
09-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Agree. If and when we need a new coach Hudspeth's name should not even be mentioned...damaged goods

Op4isabitch
09-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Fire the Dud, we want Hud. ****

RiverCityDawg
09-05-2016, 09:58 AM

Agree. Hud hiring Melvin as a DC solidifies that I would never want Hud as our head coach.

TUSK
09-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Maybe he was implying our bag man. ;)

yes, that's what I meant.... it's common knowledge who AU's bag man was....

Spiderman
09-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Agree. Hud hiring Melvin as a DC solidifies that I would never want Hud as our head coach.

Yep, that shows a serious lack of understanding Melvin's abilities, and is a major strike on Hud's HC abilities