PDA

View Full Version : A note or perhaps a plea...

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Don't leave when the game is still in doubt.

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Another note: don't have games against South Alabama in doubt

Bucky Dog
09-04-2016, 08:10 PM
I agree! Why go to the game and leave before halftime?? Just stay at home.

msstate7

Haha... This is true

Liverpooldawg

That's immaterial. If it IS in doubt, don't leave.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 08:14 PM
I've never left early even in the crappy, crappy days. I stay til the end win lose or draw.

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2016, 08:25 PM
That's immaterial. If it IS in doubt, don't leave.

Not immaterial, what if someone doesn't want to sit and watch a trainwreck.

Attendance is one of the only ways fans can voice thier displeasure. If everyone keeps on being happy nothing changes.

archdog
09-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Half everyone left due to heat small children or advanced age. Half left at halftime because we were up 17 and still haven't even started rolling yet.
People left at the end out if disgust.

Note 1, don't schedule 11 o'clock games in Fn September. Problem #1.
Note 2, I am not going to sit in the stands when my 3 year old is tired of being there. I have been trying to get her used to going to games, but she doesn't handle the heat and crowd well. Its a process that is going to take another year or two, but she will get to the level one day in a few seasons.
Note 3 - I am sure a large number of people only went because we have 6 shitty home games and it feels dumb not to show up for our opening day kickoff.
Note 4 - I am sure a lot of people wanted to see what we had this year. After watching our play calling for 25 minutes, I personally had enough of it and needed a beer.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 08:52 PM
My 15 year old son and I stayed even after the kick. I sensed something was wrong when we raced to get to our parking lot (28) and it was only about 30% full. It wasn't all heat and dove season, people are sick of Dan's lack of effort in recruiting, in getting the team ready, his don't care attitude, and his relationship with McCorvey, I mean Hev. The other 6 in our party (family and a guest) left at halftime. We've been season ticket holders since the early 70's. This looks like Tech and Ten again.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 08:55 PM

Attendance is one of the only ways fans can voice thier displeasure. If everyone keeps on being happy nothing changes.

I wanted to leave in the worst way. I was hot as heck on the east side. I HATE watching crappy football. I was in the middle of some USA fans. I stayed. You are talking about cutting off your nose to spite you face. Good luck to you.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Fans that sat through that debacle on the East side are even more "True Maroon" than those of us who stayed on the West side. My nephew was almost praying for a cloud to block the sun. It came at halftime, only at MSU! The rest of my family left at the half.

Pollodawg
09-04-2016, 09:22 PM
It isn't life or death. You can pretty much leave when you want. lol I know that wasn't helpful, but don't lets act like the universe will collapse into itself if a few fans leave early.

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 09:29 PM
I wanted to leave in the worst way. I was hot as heck on the east side. I HATE watching crappy football. I was in the middle of some USA fans. I stayed. You are talking about cutting off your nose to spite you face. Good luck to you.

You deserved it.

WinningIsRelentless
09-04-2016, 09:38 PM

You had no reason to have displeasure at half. We were up 17-0 at half

Secondn1
09-04-2016, 09:38 PM
My 15 year old son and I stayed even after the kick. I sensed something was wrong when we raced to get to our parking lot (28) and it was only about 30% full. It wasn't all heat and dove season, people are sick of Dan's lack of effort in recruiting, in getting the team ready, his don't care attitude, and his relationship with McCorvey, I mean Hev. The other 6 in our party (family and a guest) left at halftime. We've been season ticket holders since the early 70's. This looks like Tech and Ten again.

Send private message if you have one

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 09:39 PM
We have two but will be there no matter what.

WinningIsRelentless
09-04-2016, 09:43 PM

Half everyone left due to heat small children or advanced age. Half left at halftime because we were up 17 and still haven't even started rolling yet.

Note 2, I am not going to sit in the stands when my 3 year old is tired of being there. I have been trying to get her used to going to games, but she doesn't handle the heat and crowd well. Its a process that is going to take another year or two, but she will get to the level one day in a few seasons.
Note 3 - I am sure a large number of people only went because we have 6 shitty home games and it feels dumb not to show up for our opening day kickoff.
Note 4 - I am sure a lot of people wanted to see what we had this year. After watching our play calling for 25 minutes, I personally had enough of it and needed a beer.

We don't set the game times anymore. So if you want to change game times get out of the SEC and the tv money that comes with it and go to the conference USA that got 200k per team from tv this year.

I have young kids myself and don't bring them or bring a baby sitter who can take them in the Ac during the game

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 09:48 PM
You deserved it.

Actually I didn't mind it at all. I wanted to leave, but since it was still obvious the team needed the support to try to win I was glad to stay. I was just sitting in the stands. Were you there Todd? Did you leave if you were? Your attitude is why MSU has been crap for 70 years. I don't agree with the coach so i'm taking my ball and going home. I'll be back when they hire a guy I agree with because I'm a selfish know it all.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 09:55 PM

So half the students that left, and it was over half of them, have kids or are elderly? We have the most unusual student body in the NCAA.

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Alabama had the same issue a few years ago, SaBear called the fans out. He can do that because he has credibility based on a demonstrated desire to win, Dan has none.

I seen it dawg
09-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Actually I didn't mind it at all. I wanted to leave, but since it was still obvious the team needed the support to try to win I was glad to stay. I was just sitting in the stands. Were you there Todd? Did you leave if you were? Your attitude is why MSU has been crap for 70 years. I don't agree with the coach so i'm taking my ball and going home. I'll be back when they hire a guy I agree with because I'm a selfish know it all.

You need to take off the white wig

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Alabama had the same issue a few years ago, SaBear called the fans out. He can do that because he has credibility based on a demonstrated desire to win, Dan has none.

We had more than fans that left with the game in doubt because they were hot, or, given what the junction looked like, wanted to go party.

missouridawg
09-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Isnt a 17-0 halftime lead against South Alabama a sure win? I mean, how many people could legitimately see that turd show coming? We looked awful in the first half and were up 17.

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Nope. Went and stayed the whole game on the West side. Drove several hours to do it too.

My attitude has been correct about most everything so far. And if Scott had told Dan to enjoy his crab cakes in December yesterday doesn't happen and our bowl streak is still going strong.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:16 PM
You need to take off the white wig

I'm 52, I ain't ready for the grave yet junior. You need to suck it up and get tough. That's what we are all asking the team and coaches to do.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Isnt a 17-0 halftime lead against South Alabama a sure win? I mean, how many people could legitimately see that turd show coming? We looked awful in the first half and were up 17.

A 17 point lead at the half is never a sure thing. We intended to leave if it was, I saw the dang ball bounce off the up right. Interesting that we now have "fans" attacking those that stayed to the end. Unreal.

I seen it dawg
09-04-2016, 10:27 PM
A 17 point lead at the half is never a sure thing. We intended to leave if it was, I saw the dang ball bounce off the up right. Interesting that we now have "fans" attacking those that stayed to the end. Unreal.

Only because it's you. Being you.

EngDawg
09-04-2016, 10:28 PM
So half the students that left, and it was over half of them, have kids or are elderly? We have the most unusual student body in the NCAA.

The students leave for several reasons

1. They don't really care about football and only go because it's a social event. Once they have showed their faces and taken the selfie, it's time to move on to the next event.

2. It doesn't really need to be said that the pull of Jack Daniels in the junction is powerful. Most of the student body probably didn't find out we lost until sometime this morning.

3. They have been spoiled for the past couple years. Many didn't follow the program during the Croom years, and find it hard to support the program unless we're playing Auburn for a chance to be ranked number one.

missouridawg
09-04-2016, 10:29 PM

I'm not attacking anyone... Just stating that a 17-0 lead on USA at half is likely considered by many as a sure win.

A 17-0 lead over Auburn? Bama? OM? Not even close. But USA? Yep.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:51 PM

That shouldn't matter. I applauded those there at the end, they are entitled to let me have it. The rest of you........

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:53 PM
The students leave for several reasons

1. They don't really care about football and only go because it's a social event. Once they have showed their faces and taken the selfie, it's time to move on to the next event.

2. It doesn't really need to be said that the pull of Jack Daniels in the junction is powerful. Most of the student body probably didn't find out we lost until sometime this morning.

3. They have been spoiled for the past couple years. Many didn't follow the program during the Croom years, and find it hard to support the program unless we're playing Auburn for a chance to be ranked number one.
Ok, so what explains the half of them that did stay?

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm not attacking anyone... Just stating that a 17-0 lead on USA at half is likely considered by many as a sure win.

A 17-0 lead over Auburn? Bama? OM? Not even close. But USA? Yep.

So I'm a sap for staying then. Got you. We are doomed.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 10:55 PM

Were you there at the end?

GTHOM
09-04-2016, 11:00 PM

It was 17-0 vs South Alabama......

Beaver
09-04-2016, 11:05 PM
I've left 2 MSU games early... 1st was the Texas A&M game in 2012, and the 2nd was yesterday. Both games had similarities -- 11 AM kickoff, sunny/hot, played awful. With the A&M game I was 1 day removed from a minor surgery, and yesterday (and currently) my wife was/is pregnant.

I hate leaving games early, and I usually hate when the students and other fans leave early, but I'm not even mad about the crowd yesterday. It was just all around a sucky day.

I seen it dawg
09-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Were you there at the end?

I hardly get to attend games due to the distance. When I'm there I stay. Even with the effort Mullen gives. Bark up another tree.

BayouDawg
09-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Yea because fans leaving early is the reason we played so terrible. Stop deflecting and face the music. We are in trouble as a program. We don't even have a full ****ing roster. How does that happen? The coaching staff isn't even giving a half ass effort and some of you are frustrated that fans left early? Talk about gagging at a gnat and swallowing a camel

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 11:30 PM
And don't forget the incomplete roster includes at least 4 walk ons who recently went on scholarship and a couple played a lot of plays yesterday. We are paying for lazy recruiting.

EngDawg
09-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Ok, so what explains the half of them that did stay?

I was just being general about the overall attitude of the students. There will always be others who stay and support the team no matter what.

Btw, I would estimate it was far fewer than 1/2 that stayed. It looked like closer to 1/3 or 1/4 to me.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 11:49 PM
It was 17-0 vs South Alabama......

And it was obvious that it was still in doubt. The result PROVED that.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 11:51 PM
I was just being general about the overall attitude of the students. There will always be others who stay and support the team no matter what.

Btw, I would estimate it was far fewer than 1/2 that stayed. It looked like closer to 1/3 or 1/4 to me.

I was being generous.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 11:56 PM
Yea because fans leaving early is the reason we played so terrible. Stop deflecting and face the music. We are in trouble as a program. We don't even have a full ****ing roster. How does that happen? The coaching staff isn't even giving a half ass effort and some of you are frustrated that fans left early? Talk about gagging at a gnat and swallowing a camel

When over half the crowd doesn't return after the half in a game that was still obviously in doubt..................you are correct. We are in trouble as a program. You want the coaching staff and players to give a full effort when the damn people that pay their salary and scholarships won't give even close to half an effort. You get what you deserve...........and WE failed miserably on Saturday.

Jack Lambert
09-05-2016, 12:00 AM

I was in the stadium 1.5 hours before kickoff and I was there up until the missed Field Goal and I am Sun Burn. The crowd size was embarrassing. The student section was 75% empty after half. The upper decks were 75% empty after half.

****ing pussies.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:10 AM
I was in the stadium 1.5 hours before kickoff and I was there up until the missed Field Goal and I am Sun Burn. The crowd size was embarrassing. The student section was 75% empty after half. The upper decks were 75% empty after half.

****ing pussies.
THANK YOU, Glad I wasn't the only one to feel that way. You beat me by a half hour on the front end. WE gave a crappy effort and we got the SAME on the field. I found a new sunscreen for the burn.................It stank to high heaven and I was allergic as heck to it, but I didn't burn at all. I'll take the burn next time.

ckDOG
09-05-2016, 12:10 AM

Is this directed towards the fans or Mullen, staff, and players? I think most everyone checked out at halftime, Saturday. Pretty much a shit show all around. Most got what they deserved this weekend. Truth.

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 12:12 AM
When over half the crowd doesn't return after the half in a game that was still obviously in doubt..................you are correct. We are in trouble as a program. You want the coaching staff and players to give a full effort when the damn people that pay their salary and scholarships won't give even close to half an effort. You get what you deserve...........and WE failed miserably on Saturday.

I didn't fail. I sat through the whole game just like I sat through the whole Maine game and 06 Tulane game. Mullen has failed us. He gets paid handsomely and we can't even field a full roster. But you think that's great and shouldn't be discussed. You think fans leaving early because they didnt want to waste their time watching a half ass effort is the reason we don't have a full roster, a high school level offensive line, a coach that gives a damn? Anyone who has played organized sports knows that a team takes on the personality of a coach. In college football the whole program takes on the personality of a coach. You know why fans don't give a ****? Because they see a coach that's too busy buying the latest yeezy's that he can't be bothered with something beneath him like recruiting. They see a coach that whores himself out to every opening every off season. Why should fans give a shit if the guy getting paid 4M doesn't give a shit? Maybe you love mediocrity I don't know. I sure as hell don't. And don't give me that shit about oh well we are just poor ol' MSU we can't expect to ever win anything and we just need to know our place. **** that! If we wanna have that attitude we should just hire some clown for a couple hundred thousand a year to dick around on the sidelines and pump the rest of the money to baseball and basketball. I refuse to let a coach getting paid 4M act like he is above reproach and me just have to take it because I'm just a little ol' MSU fan. **** that!

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Is this directed towards the fans or Mullen, staff, and players? I think most everyone checked out at halftime, Saturday. Pretty much a shit show all around. Most got what they deserved this weekend. Truth.

I was ranting at the fans............................but you have a point.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:19 AM
I didn't fail. I sat through the whole game just like I sat through the whole Maine game and 06 Tulane game. Mullen has failed us. He gets paid handsomely and we can't even field a full roster. But you think that's great and shouldn't be discussed. You think fans leaving early because they didnt want to waste their time watching a half ass effort is the reason we don't have a full roster, a high school level offensive line, a coach that gives a damn? Anyone who has played organized sports knows that a team takes on the personality of a coach. In college football the whole program takes on the personality of a coach. You know why fans don't give a ****? Because they see a coach that's too busy buying the latest yeezy's that he can't be bothered with something beneath him like recruiting. They see a coach that whores himself out to every opening every off season. Why should fans give a shit if the guy getting paid 4M doesn't give a shit? Maybe you love mediocrity I don't know. I sure as hell don't. And don't give me that shit about oh well we are just poor ol' MSU we can't expect to ever win anything and we just need to know our place. **** that! If we wanna have that attitude we should just hire some clown for a couple hundred thousand a year to dick around on the sidelines and pump the rest of the money to baseball and basketball. I refuse to let a coach getting paid 4M act like he is above reproach and me just have to take it because I'm just a little ol' MSU fan. **** that!

Whatever you want dude. I've been around MUCH more successful programs than MSU. My experience is the team takes on the personality of the PROGRAM. That includes the fans, coaches, and established players. When the fans turn on the program.....................it's over for him....AND the program for a number of years. Allyn McKeen says he recognizes YOU.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-05-2016, 12:24 AM

An 11 am game in September is no place for a 3 yr old....an 11 am game is nonplace for a 10 yr old for that matter. A child that young shouldn't be subjected to that kind of heat.

GTHOM
09-05-2016, 12:27 AM

The single greatest post in the history of EliteDawgs. Maybe in the history of message boards. I sat through the same Maine and Tulane games. MVP MVP MVP

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:27 AM
An 11 am game in September is no place for a 3 yr old....an 11 am game is nonplace for a 10 yr old for that matter. A child that young shouldn't be subjected to that kind of heat.

Agree. I never even tried to subject mine to that. He WAS there Saturday to the end..........as a student.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:29 AM
The single greatest post in the history of EliteDawgs. Maybe in the history of message boards. I sat through the same Maine and Tulane games. MVP MVP MVP

And the single greatest example of why we ARE poor old MSU. That post IS MSU to a T. I HATE old MSU and want to change it. I doubt I will succeed.

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 12:35 AM
Haha continue to jerk off to Mullen. Be my guest. Allyn McKeen probably gave a shit and atleast fielded a full roster. And he was probably wrongfully let go by a bunch of idiots with too much money. You still won't talk about the fact that we don't even have a full 85 on scholarship. And I'm so glad that you're so cool that you've been around successful programs. you obviously didn't observe what helps make them successful. Sure money helps but a coach giving a shit helps too. I believe in being the best you can be in whatever you do in life. I know we won't be contending for national titles every year ever but is it too much to ask a coach to recruit enough players? Is it too much to ask a coach to not shop himself around every offseason? Is it too much to ask to beat a depleted sun belt team? Maybe it is too much to ask and you're right that we should learn our place and just enjoy whatever crap our overpaid staff puts out on the field. Maybe im just too ambitious and should just realize we don't deserve nice things at MSU. I'll just ring my cowbell and be glad those big money schools allow us to play them.

GTHOM
09-05-2016, 12:35 AM
Whatever you want dude. I've been around MUCH more successful programs than MSU. My experience is the team takes on the personality of the PROGRAM. That includes the fans, coaches, and established players. When the fans turn on the program.....................it's over for him....AND the program for a number of years. Allyn McKeen says he recognizes YOU.

Dude if that was the case then historically losing programs would never have a chance no matter who the coach was. Dan Mullen recognizes you. Please get over Allyn McKeen. Everyone else has.

GTHOM
09-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Haha continue to jerk off to Mullen. Be my guest. Allyn McKeen probably gave a shit and atleast fielded a full roster. And he was probably wrongfully let go by a bunch of idiots with too much money. You still won't talk about the fact that we don't even have a full 85 on scholarship. And I'm so glad that you're so cool that you've been around successful programs. you obviously didn't observe what helps make them successful. Sure money helps but a coach giving a shit helps too. I believe in being the best you can be in whatever you do in life. I know we won't be contending for national titles every year ever but is it too much to ask a coach to recruit enough players? Is it too much to ask a coach to not shop himself around every offseason? Is it too much to ask to beat a depleted sun belt team? Maybe it is too much to ask and you're right that we should learn our place and just enjoy whatever crap our overpaid staff puts out on the field. Maybe im just too ambitious and should just realize we don't deserve nice things at MSU. I'll just ring my cowbell and be glad those big money schools allow us to play them.

My God someone get this guy a beer

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 12:41 AM
My God someone get this guy a beer

Lol I need one! I cannot stand people who accept mediocrity and then call the people that want improvement out for being the problem! That grinds my ****ing gears! And I'm a millinial so I'm around this kind of crap constantly!

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:48 AM
Dude if that was the case then historically losing programs would never have a chance no matter who the coach was. Dan Mullen recognizes you. Please get over Allyn McKeen. Everyone else has.

Actually I think you have a point. Historically losing programs DON'T have much of a chance. It sucks but it is what it is. THAT being said Dan Mullen DID get us to #1. I challenge you to find another program of our stature that did that over the years
I can think of two off the top of my head, FSU and Miami.

The fact that everyone else has got over Allyn McKeen is actually an indictment of US as a PROGRAM. I wasn't even a gleam in my Daddy's eye, but I honor that guy. He is the ONLY coach we have ever had that is in the college football hall of fame for what he did at MSU. We actually have three. .

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 12:51 AM
Lol I need one! I cannot stand people who accept mediocrity and then call the people that want improvement out for being the problem! That grinds my ****ing gears! And I'm a millinial so I'm around this kind of crap constantly!

You don't get improvement by doing the same damn thing we have always done. I would recommend something from Straight to Ale or Southern Prohibition.

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Actually I think you have a point. Historically losing programs DON'T have much of a chance. It sucks but it is what it is. THAT being said Dan Mullen DID get us to #1. I challenge you to find another program of our stature that did that over the years

The fact that everyone else has got over Allyn McKeen is actually an indictment of US as a PROGRAM. I wasn't even a gleam in my Daddy's eye, but I honor that guy. He is the ONLY coach we have ever had that is in the college football hall of fame for what he did at MSU. We actually have three. .

Sure Dan has done a great job. That doesn't mean he has the right to put everything on the back burner and lounge around and we just just have to take whatever effort he feels like giving that particular day because he got us to #1 that one time. This is a what have you done for me lately business. Just like any successful business is. If one of the staff accountants under me has a great few months and helps bring in some business while passing his CPA exam the first try but then acts like he's a big dog and doesn't have to do shit because he did some good things for our company in the past well his ass is out the door. That's business

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 01:01 AM
[QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;603944]You don't get improvement by doing the same damn thing we have always done. I would recommend something from Straight to Ale or Southern Prohibition.[/QUOTE
Letting a coach stay for too long is what we usually do. So yea I'm holding the 4M dollar man's ass to the fire. You still won't address the fact we don't have a full roster. That's just laziness/don't give a **** and it's ridiculous and you know it. You're just mad because it has turned out to be true that your man Mullen really was looking for a way out and was shopping himself around to every opening! I can only lead you to the fresh water I can't make you drink. You have a brain, use it

GTHOM
09-05-2016, 01:07 AM

Baylor should have been in the national championship game. Under a good coach. And they have a vanderbiltish football history. TCU is in the conversation, under a good coach. Michigan State made the playoff under a good coach. Do I need to go on??? Its not just college either, high school programs are turned around all the time under good coaching no matter what their record was the year before. Not trying to be a dick but I really dont get your argument. And the reason people have gotten over Allyn McKeen as great as he was is because HE WAS HERE IN THE 1940S

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;603944]You don't get improvement by doing the same damn thing we have always done. I would recommend something from Straight to Ale or Southern Prohibition.[/QUOTE
Letting a coach stay for too long is what we usually do. So yea I'm holding the 4M dollar man's ass to the fire. You still won't address the fact we don't have a full roster. That's just laziness/don't give a **** and it's ridiculous and you know it. You're just mad because it has turned out to be true that your man Mullen really was looking for a way out and was shopping himself around to every opening! I can only lead you to the fresh water I can't make you drink. You have a brain, use it

Actually what we always have done is hire a coach, turn on him after 2-3-4 years, which makes his job impossible, and then fire him. JWS being the lone exception, by the skin of his teeth. My man Mullen got us to #1 for a while. No other Coach at MSU has ever done that in football. What REALLY makes me mad is seeing supposed DAWGS parroting the Confederate line.

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 01:13 AM
Baylor should have been in the national championship game. Under a good coach. And they have a vanderbiltish football history. TCU is in the conversation, under a good coach. Michigan State made the playoff under a good coach. Do I need to go on??? Its not just college either, high school programs are turned around all the time under good coaching no matter what their record was the year before. Not trying to be a dick but I really dont get your argument. And the reason people have gotten over Allyn McKeen as great as he was is because HE WAS HERE IN THE 1940S

Great points. If there is no hope for us little ol MSU people then why don't we just hire some rodeo clown for cheap and let him dick around in the sidelines? This dude won't even talk about how we don't have a full roster. That sums up the whole problem right there. He's pissed because some people had better things to do than watch some overpaid clown dick around in the sidelines.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 01:15 AM

But they weren't. Nor did they get to #1. We have seen how Baylor got to where they were. What a great example there. If THAT is what you want for MSU.......then you need to get the heck away from our team. Thank you for making my point about McKeen...............the 1940s. We have done EXACTLY what you advocate since. Let's go back to the 40s.

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 01:24 AM
[QUOTE=BayouDawg;603953]

Actually what we always have done is hire a coach, turn on him after 2-3-4 years, which makes his job impossible, and then fire him. JWS being the lone exception, by the skin of his teeth. My man Mullen got us to #1 for a while. No other Coach at MSU has ever done that in football. What REALLY makes me mad is seeing supposed DAWGS parroting the Confederate line.

So Mullen is above reproach in your book? He got us to number 1 and so now we have to be ok with whatever effort he feels like giving us? We have to be ok with not recruiting enough players? We have to be ok with him allowing the ass clown Hevesy to continue to field o lines that can't block sun belt teams? Is this what you are saying? Oh yea and what successful coaches have we run off besides your boy McKeen? I can't think of one. We sucked for so long because we had inept ADs that were appointed to us by our president who were appointed to us by the state college board who were all ole miss people. That is why we sucked for so long. We were treated as the bastard child of the state. We weren't running off successful coaches left and right. We barely had any
Coaches that were mediocre. Sure a few had some decent seasons here and there but you act like we running off young bear Bryants left and right. Just admit it you're mad that it turned out to be true your boy Dan had one foot out the door. The sooner you can admit that the sooner you can realize the real issue at hand

GTHOM
09-05-2016, 01:27 AM
But they weren't. Nor did they get to #1. We have seen how Baylor got to where they were. What a great example there. If THAT is what you want for MSU.......then you need to get the heck away from our team. Thank you for making my point about McKeen...............the 1940s. We have done EXACTLY what you advocate since. Let's go back to the 40s.

What did being #1 do for us??? I'll tell you what it did. It killed Dan Mullen's give a shit. Ever since the auburn win in 2014 when the crowd was chanting we're number 1 like it actually meant something, we have not been the same team. It showed. It showed the UK game that year, we were flat and looked uninspired. We looked unprepared and got in a hole even Dak couldnt dig us out of in Tuscaloosa. Then our playoff hopes ended against our biggest rival after they had gotten their heads kicked in the week before at Arkansas when they had a QB that couldnt even walk. Stop defending dan. Dan has done this to himself and us. We can win here and we will win here. Becoming number 1 means nothing. Get over it. Its holding us back now if you wanna keep Dan because of it....

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 01:31 AM
What did being #1 do for us??? I'll tell you what it did. It killed Dan Mullen's give a shit. Ever since the auburn win in 2014 when the crowd was chanting we're number 1 like it actually meant something, we have not been the same team. It showed. It showed the UK game that year, we were flat and looked uninspired. We looked unprepared and got in a hole even Dak couldnt dig us out of in Tuscaloosa. Then our playoff hopes ended against our biggest rival after they had gotten their heads kicked in the week before at Arkansas when they had a QB that couldnt even walk. Stop defending dan. Dan has done this to himself and us. We can win here and we will win here. Becoming number 1 means nothing. Get over it. Its holding us back now if you wanna keep Dan because of it....

Amen! How do you not capitalize off the momentum of that 2014 season? It is just beyond me. We were number 1 for 5 weeks and couldn't even break into the top 40 in recruiting.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;603957]

So Mullen is above reproach in your book? He got us to number 1 and so now we have to be ok with whatever effort he feels like giving us? We have to be ok with not recruiting enough players? We have to be ok with him allowing the ass clown Hevesy to continue to field o lines that can't block sun belt teams? Is this what you are saying? Oh yea and what successful coaches have we run off besides your boy McKeen? I can't think of one. We sucked for so long because we had inept ADs that appointed to us by our president who were appointed to us by the state college board who were all ole miss people. That is why we sucked for so long. We were treated as the bastard child of the state. We weren't running off successful coaches left and right. We barely had any
Coaches that were mediocre. Sure a few had some decent seasons here and there but you act like we running off young bear Bryants left and right. Just admit it you're mad that it turned out to be true your boy Dan had one foot out the door. The sooner you can admit that the sooner you can realize the real issue at hand

We actually DID basically run off two young Bear Bryants. Ever heard of Darryl Royal or Murray Warmath? If we had held on to ONE of those two or McKeen we might be Bama right now. Those were the days when the current dynasties were being established. Hire and fire or don't support is what MSU has always done. It's time to do something else.

BayouDawg
09-05-2016, 01:41 AM
[QUOTE=BayouDawg;603964]

We actually DID basically run off two young Bear Bryants. Ever heard of Darryl Royal or Murray Warmath? If we had held on to ONE of those two or McKeen we might be Bama right now. Those were the days when the current dynasties were being established. Hire and fire or don't support is what MSU has always done. It's time to do something else.

Ok let's say you're right and we've had bear Bryants left and right. Does it seem like the characteristic of a top level coach to not have a full roster while not on probation. Why do you think we don't have a full roster? Because fans left the game early on Saturday?

ETA: we didn't fire Royal he left of his own accord to Washington and then to Texas. And Warmath left of his own accord to go to Minnesota. Don't try and twist things to fit your agenda.