PDA

View Full Version : Fitz was settled.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 05:21 PM
1st pass was dropped. His scramble was great and he planted the DB.

His pass was near perfect to johnson and johnson just dropped it. Not one thing from the replay suggests that he was not settled, off the mark, and not in command.

When Williams came in, the plays changed. Now was that due to the who was in at qb or due to the lack of production on the first 2 series.... we dont know.

What I do know is that the lack of a vertical threat led to the USA defense selling out to the run and to those short passes and we could never prove them wrong.

CJDAWG85
09-04-2016, 05:29 PM
If Justin Johnson makes that catch, you have to wonder if the offense settled in and got a rhythm under Fitz and they leave him out there.

phatdog
09-04-2016, 05:33 PM
The plan going in was to bring Williams in on the 3rd series.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Your definition of "near perfection" and mine differ

Dawgface
09-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Mullen said both qb's would get 2 series to start the game. Who knows if that is what he would have done if Fitz had been moving the team.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Williams should have never been in the game. That is my only issue with Mullen. Name Fitz..... go with him, get the offense going.

TXDawg
09-04-2016, 06:32 PM
I think Fitz is the better QB, but none of his passes yesterday looked good. They all wobbled and the one to Johnson was overthrown. Should JJ have caught it? Absolutely. Was it a good pass? Hell no.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call to Dan and the entire team. That crap show was inexcusable. That said, this is the first time we've seen this from a Mullen coached team, so I'm willing to give him a pass this time. We better have it figured out against SCar, though.

Spiderman
09-04-2016, 06:43 PM
1st pass was dropped. His scramble was great and he planted the DB.

His pass was near perfect to johnson and johnson just dropped it. Not one thing from the replay suggests that he was not settled, off the mark, and not in command.

When Williams came in, the plays changed. Now was that due to the who was in at qb or due to the lack of production on the first 2 series.... we dont know.

What I do know is that the lack of a vertical threat led to the USA defense selling out to the run and to those short passes and we could never prove them wrong.

Fitz was a little timid an held the ball a little too long. He waited for player to be open instead of throwing as he was getting open. Which is standard for a young QB a little nervous and trying protect the ball.

I, and anyone else who ever played HS QB could have completed every pass Williams did. He can't throw it down the field out of the pocket.

Ross HAS to move back to the slot

FISHDAWG
09-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Williams should have never been in the game. That is my only issue with Mullen. Name Fitz..... go with him, get the offense going.

Williams is the only guy who showed some promise out there ... he put us in a position to win

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 07:04 PM
I watched Fitz and Fitz alone when he was in. What I saw was not what you want to see. He was hesitant and slow in everything. He was thinking, then moving. That can be corrected hopefully. When Damian came in it was like night and day.

Coursesuper
09-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Williams is the only guy who showed some promise out there ... he put us in a position to win

If that is the choice that is made its going to be a very very long year. That guy has zero upside. Predictable and easily defended against, if that is the best we have were done.

Gutter Cobreh
09-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Makes you wonder if Fitz has the respect of his teammates?

And yes, I'm suggesting some sandbagging in the beginning while he was on the field....My guess would be that many on the team don't have mush respect for him as a starter.

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I think Fitz is the better QB, but none of his passes yesterday looked good. They all wobbled and the one to Johnson was overthrown. Should JJ have caught it? Absolutely. Was it a good pass? Hell no.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call to Dan and the entire team. That crap show was inexcusable. That said, this is the first time we've seen this from a Mullen coached team, so I'm willing to give him a pass this time. We better have it figured out against SCar, though.

I must say though, his longer pass looked a lot better than Williams. Fitz could have made every throw Williams threw.

blacklistedbully
09-04-2016, 07:23 PM
I watched Fitz and Fitz alone when he was in. What I saw was not what you want to see. He was hesitant and slow in everything. He was thinking, then moving. That can be corrected hopefully. When Damian came in it was like night and day.

:rolleyes:

Anybody care to remember how Dak had some issues over-throwing receivers a few times, especially in 2014? Good thing we didn't pull his ass for good back then. I mean, hell...we may have played D Will from that point on as well.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Makes you wonder if Fitz has the respect of his teammates?

And yes, I'm suggesting some sandbagging in the beginning while he was on the field....My guess would be that many on the team don't have mush respect for him as a starter.

I am not sure that was it at all. Again, the pass to Johnson, despite what some would say was where he alone could get it.

You can't expect him to get into a groove in 3 passes.

Fitz is the guy. We all know it and so does Mullen. Will Mullen make him take it? Maybe... and that I agree with.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 08:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Anybody care to remember how Dak had some issues over-throwing receivers a few times, especially in 2014? Good thing we didn't pull his ass for good back then. I mean, hell...we may have played D Will from that point on as well.

Exactly! And doesn't it speak volumes of Mullen. Doesn't it speak volumes of Fitz to hear Dak say that he is more advanced than he was at the same time in his career!

Some people just want the back up! They want the next coach.... always failing to see what's in front of them.