PDA

View Full Version : Dog friend from Jackson mssg me and said sports talk guy

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 04:40 PM
in capital city say Dan coaching for his job sat. Disclaimer: this is 3rd or 4th hand info, but interesting

msstate7
09-04-2016, 04:42 PM
If we go 3-9 or so, I hope we make a change. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion we'd fire him though

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2016, 04:44 PM
in capital city say Dan coaching for his job sat. Disclaimer: this is 3rd or 4th hand info, but interesting

Were they insinuating he'd be fired after the game if we lose?

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Probably just playing out the string if we lose to USC. At that point, we'll probably only beat UMass and Samford.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Who in the world would be interim? One of the all new D guys or Hev? What a choice, ever if it's 10th hand info. If he does "coach" Sat it will be an improvement over what we've seen yesterday and the last two years against Bama and UNM.

JoseBrown
09-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Second time I've heard this. Hooray if true! But I don't think there is any way possible that happens...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-04-2016, 04:48 PM
How do dogs text?

RocketDawg
09-04-2016, 04:49 PM

Sounds like that's what he implied, but I don't think it'll happen. Even if he has his worst year ever, I doubt he'd be fired.

But ... everybody seems to think that beating OM is the end all - do all ... lose to them and win the other 11 and they want to fire the coach. Four times in a row just might do him in (or is it three?).

TNDawg35
09-04-2016, 04:50 PM
I hope he does "Coach". If not, get the 17 out.....

Tbonewannabe
09-04-2016, 04:52 PM
I don't think we should fire him if we lose Saturday unless it is obvious that he lost the team. I would give him the opportunity to turn around the season but I would be getting names set up.

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 04:53 PM
after game. Bo Bounds said this

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 04:54 PM
yes

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 04:56 PM
they have to stop and paws to gather their thoughts

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Beating UM is not the end all especially if we have a mediocre season, but if we could stay around 8 or more wins per season, I certainly expect to win our share against them and at least be prepared and in the game.

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 05:02 PM
From the tone I'm gathering the cigar boys are none too happy.

RocketDawg
09-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Beating UM is not the end all especially if we have a mediocre season, but if we could stay around 8 or more wins per season, I certainly expect to win our share against them and at least be prepared and in the game.

Yes, I certainly agree with that. But some think it's the only game of the season, in effect. Personally, I'd rather beat Bama regularly.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Agreed, do you mean the U of South Alabama or the U of Alabama? Neither option looks good right now.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 05:11 PM

No.... Dan is safe for the next 2 seasons.

Bully13
09-04-2016, 05:11 PM
I'm wondering now if our AD and the cigar boys are putting Dan's job searches and Saturday's shit show in the same box. I'm wondering if Dan knows this hence his "I don't give a shit " smiling after the loss.

msudawglb
09-04-2016, 05:14 PM

I sure wish you all would quit spreading the propaganda. We don't have a QB right now and we just lost 2 CB's due to injury. That's about all that's wrong with this team. We have gone to 6 or 7 straight bowls. Had 10 and 9 wins the last 2 years. We have two very good QB and RB recruits committed right now. I'm upset and disappointed about the loss but anyone wanting Mullen gone is just stupid and irrational.

Engine
09-04-2016, 05:16 PM

No he's not get that bullshit out of here

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Who's our 2nd QB commit? I know about the 4 star from La.

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2016, 05:17 PM
That's an easy claim to make without having any inside information. Other Dan pissed off the cigar boys last season.

If we lose to USC, we will be fighting to win 2 games. Maybe 3 if there is some type of UF 2008 miracle.

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 05:19 PM
I sure wish you all would quit spreading the propaganda. We don't have a QB right now and we just lost 2 CB's due to injury. That's about all that's wrong with this team. We have gone to 6 or 7 straight bowls. Had 10 and 9 wins the last 2 years. We have two very good QB and RB recruits committed right now. I'm upset and disappointed about the loss but anyone wanting Mullen gone is just stupid and irrational.

Switch JWS' for Mullen's name and your back in 02 and 03 making same arguments for keeping a coach. Yawn.

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 05:19 PM
No, No he is NOT safe. Book it.

Coldsleeve Jr.
09-04-2016, 05:20 PM
So we have $12 million laying around to buy out his contract?

Joe Schmedlap
09-04-2016, 05:21 PM

This is true.

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 05:22 PM
So we have $12 million laying around to buy out his contract?

I'm pretty sure we can afford to pay Dan Mullen to go away if it comes to that.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 05:23 PM
You mean Dan didn't realize Dak was a Senior last year? Williams (last minute flip from Southern Ms), Fritz (one yr as starting HS QB and only other offer from Middle Tn), Tiano ( MSU, Miami, and Chattanooga offers) and our troubles with OL and now DB. Our mediocre recruiting efforts are showing bad results along with constant turnover of Asst Coaches and a HC with none of his former fire.

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 05:24 PM
What Bo Bounds says is propganda? LOL

mic
09-04-2016, 05:24 PM
No coach in year 8 in the sec should ever be safe if 6 wins aren't reached each year
Not saying 5-7 gets them the axe... But again by year 8 it's 100% your program as a coach ..

Coach007
09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
No he's not get that bullshit out of here

Yes sir. He is.

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2016, 05:25 PM

The team we lost to lost an ENTIRE starting DL in the spring and we couldn't move the ball.

Nobody wants Dan gone based on Saturday, its a position formed on the cumulative decisions of the last 18 months.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 05:31 PM
No, No he is NOT safe. Book it.

Yes sir, he is safe. He just put a qb in the records at msu. Nobody with any power what so ever is going to say "you are fired" after that qb is now starting in the NFL....

I understand people are upset about the loss but he's not going any where at the end of this season, and will be given another.

This isn't our year, and next year we are going to a force.

Not happening even if you wish upon a star.

Dawgface
09-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Yes sir. He is.

If we go 2-10 and Mullen stays, there will be a lot of empty seats next year.

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Yes sir, he is safe. He just put a qb in the records at msu. Nobody with any power what so ever is going to say "you are fired" after that qb is now starting in the NFL....

I understand people are upset about the loss but he's not going any where at the end of this season, and will be given another.

We are not going to be a force next year when the schedule flips. If Mullen craps the bed and wins 2-3 games, he has to go. "What should be done eventually must be done immediately."

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 05:37 PM
How so, a force next year after what we saw yesterday? Well, we sure won't see Holloway up the middle or Shump at RB as they are Seniors. What can happen in one year to improve our OL and DB's? Will Hev still be here and how many asst coaches will have fulfilled their one year tour of duty with Dan and leave for another opportunity?

Dawgfan77
09-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Wtf a force next year. Look I was a hook line and sinker 2017 guy but that was before Sat. Coach of great wisdom, if we are loading up for 17 with no QB when are we loading up on JUCO's. Save your breath I will tell you. Cause we f'ing suck at recruiting for two damn years.
Mullen checked out time to email Him the damn Bill

ILOATHEBears
09-04-2016, 05:42 PM
We are not going to be a force next year when the schedule flips. If Mullen craps the bed and wins 2-3 games, he has to go. "What should be done eventually must be done immediately."

You all may think I'm crazy but I would consider Tbuck as interim

GreenheadDawg
09-04-2016, 05:42 PM

Hate to tell you, but you're wrong. A lot of big money guys pissed off right now.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 05:45 PM
If we go 2-10 and Mullen stays, there will be a lot of empty seats next year.

Most likely.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Look what happened to Jackie when he loaded up with JC players. "Those who repeat the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them." Former HS recruits love to invest about 2 or 3 yrs in the program and see JC players step right in.

Coach007

You are wrong. .... respectfully. You need to look at what we have coming back.

GreenheadDawg

So because a QB was a great player and was basically our entire offense, Mullen is safe for 2 years? Have a Metamucil smoothie and sit the next few plays out. I generally stay out of recruiting because I have no contacts in that area but I do have a uncle that is very very close to the higher ups. Plays golf with administrators weekly, so trust me when I say Mullen better get his shit together

Engine
09-04-2016, 05:47 PM

This isn't a god damn vacuum. There are huge warning signs to consider. Whoring himself every offseason. countey club for his friends. Lack of effort or give a damn.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 05:48 PM
There were a lot of empty seats yesterday and some not because of the weather. College FB is an expensive proposition to most people especially if there is not a quality show/product on the field.

blacklistedbully
09-04-2016, 05:51 PM

While this may excuse not fairing well in the SEC, there is NO WAY IN HELL this is an excuse for losing to USA. GTFO of here with that BS!

Coach007
09-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Wtf a force next year. Look I was a hook line and sinker 2017 guy but that was before Sat. Coach of great wisdom, if we are loading up for 17 with no QB when are we loading up on JUCO's. Save your breath I will tell you. Cause we f'ing suck at recruiting for two damn years.
Mullen checked out time to email Him the damn Bill

We have qbs. 2 great ones. 1 that Dak stated is better than and future along than he was at the same time. Right behind him is Nick.

These arguments we have seen over and over. His recruits suck... yet we have put how many in the nfl from his tenure? Dak .... come on.. lol. This was a bad loss and we will not lose to south carolina

Really Clark?
09-04-2016, 05:53 PM
What Bo Bounds says is propganda? LOL

If he is saying the cigar boys will push the AD to fire him if we lose next weekend that following Monday, then yes its propaganda or the information being delayed to you is dead wrong or a lie.

Dawgowar
I think the minute we cannot go bowling his tenure goes on life support. Don't see us moving before that. Just an opinion.

Goldendawg
Yeah, a lot of what I saw yesterday will be a year older, but better? That plan sure hasn't worked out so well with the OL from '15 to '16. If we go 2-10, a strong possibility, what is worse $ wise for MSU, a 2 year don't care anymore lame duck at $4 mil a year or his buyout. I sure don't know.

Coach007
Hate to tell you, but you're wrong. A lot of big money guys pissed off right now.

There is always big money people pissed. So what?

GreenheadDawg
09-04-2016, 05:59 PM
There is always big money people pissed. So what?

You think the athletic department runs on hopes and dreams smart guy?

Commercecomet24
If he is saying the cigar boys will push the AD to fire him if we lose next weekend that following Monday, then yes its propaganda or the information being delayed to you is dead wrong or a lie.

We would look extremely foolish if we fired him for losing next weekend. Think any great coaches would be lining up to come here if we fired Dan after 2 losses to start the year? Now if this year completely falls apart, that's a different story.

Bucky Dog

Why is it so hard for people to realize this and quit crying and whining and acting like they have a direct line to the "cigar boys"!! Dan is not going anywhere and it would be completely irrational and idiotic to get rid of him, unless you already had a top tier HC lined up
You all are buying into the hype and allowing it to tear us up from the inside if you keep it up. Bad for morale and can hurt recruiting. Just STFU for awhile and let's see what happens. We will beat USC and we get Nick James, Dear and Simmons on the field. I hope Dan realizes it has to be Fitz and Tiano if we expect to move forward offensively. Everybody chill.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 06:00 PM
So because a QB was a great player and was basically our entire offense, Mullen is safe for 2 years? Have a Metamucil smoothie and sit the next few plays out. I generally stay out of recruiting because I have no contacts in that area but I do have a uncle that is very very close to the higher ups. Plays golf with administrators weekly, so trust me when I say Mullen better get his shit together

Yes... because Dak was an ok player out of hs and Mullen coached him up. While some people here was absolutely bashing it back in 2013, I was telling you that then. Dak wasn't a great passer. He became one. While some was bashing Mullen for putting him in the pocket more, Mullen was making a qb. That will follow Mullen. Not MSU.

Now I'm telling you again. We have 2 qbs that are better.

GreenheadDawg
09-04-2016, 06:00 PM

The chances of Mullen being fired mid season is less than 0. Even if we lose by 50 to South Carolina

Really Clark?
09-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Yeah but the OP alluded to he is coaching for his job this Sat. Even the so called big money boys don't have that close to that much sway to push an asinine move like that. Not to mention it is a small minority pushing that agenda. The bulk of them know you have to play out the year. I understand the, it's year 8 he shouldn't lose to USA argument but you cannot forget years 6 & 7 and as much as people are clamoring about how pissed they are with Mullen, most of the big boosters say in the same breath he has built up the program more than enough to play out the year. Most likely is coaching here next year unless there is a catastrophe.

Coach007
09-04-2016, 06:02 PM
You mean Dan didn't realize Dak was a Senior last year? Williams (last minute flip from Southern Ms), Fritz (one yr as starting HS QB and only other offer from Middle Tn), Tiano ( MSU, Miami, and Chattanooga offers) and our troubles with OL and now DB. Our mediocre recruiting efforts are showing bad results along with constant turnover of Asst Coaches and a HC with none of his former fire.

Really? Who did dak have offers at qb from?

Really Clark?
09-04-2016, 06:03 PM
The chances of Mullen being fired mid season is less than 0. Even if we lose by 50 to South Carolina

I agree

lamont
09-04-2016, 07:06 PM
We have two very good QB and RB recruits committed right now. I'm upset and disappointed about the loss but anyone wanting Mullen gone is just stupid and irrational.

If we go 3-9....we wont be signing that QB

lamont
09-04-2016, 07:13 PM

We still wont have a QB in 2017
Lose 3 OL starters
Lose Fred Ross
Lose alot of our best DL guys
Schedule flips to toss up games on the road

We will be a 6-7 win team at best in 2017

was21
09-04-2016, 07:20 PM
What's always interesting to me is that on message boards posts are made by people who really are anonymous. There's no way of telling where their allegiance is in most instances and some of them are just interested in starting a lot of shat..thx

basedog
09-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Gonna be interesting to see what changes are made and game plan.
I think we will see a better game plan and see some other players.
We missed Dear big time as well as James and Simmons. Defense will be better. I'm worried about the offense.
Gotta get the ball in Ross hands 10 or 12 times.

lamont
09-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Yes... because Dak was an ok player out of hs and Mullen coached him up. .

Dak was a helluva lot more than an OK player coming out of HS. He threw for over 3K yards and rushed for 1K his Sr year in 4A football.

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 09:26 PM
We missed Dear big time as well as James and Simmons. Defense will be better. I'm worried about the offense.

I would be surprised if we see any major changes other than maybe at quarterback. Maybe.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 09:34 PM
I agree with you. Our HC is a very stubborn man. It's been two years of trouble with the run game and we still see Holloway and Shump used in the same way. Also bothered me to see two former walk-on LB's getting so much time on the field when we are supposed to be loaded at that position. I thought you were supposed to fit the offense to our players ability. We went to air-Dak again like he was still here, but no plays to try to stretch the field. Williams is not the answer, but we have more questions than just at QB.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Y'all have gone stark raving insane. Then again MSU fans have always been totally stupid when it come to football. This thread PROVES that.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 09:40 PM
I agree with you. Our HC is a very stubborn man. It's been two years of trouble with the run game and we still see Holloway and Shump used in the same way. Also bothered me to see two former walk-on LB's getting so much time on the field when we are supposed to be loaded at that position. I thought you were supposed to fit the offense to our players ability. We went to air-Dak again like he was still here, but no plays to try to stretch the field. Williams is not the answer, but we have more questions than just at QB.
Two years of trouble? 19 wins in two years is trouble at MSU? Insanity. I wish we had a HELL of a lot of trouble if that is so. We ain't never had trouble like that but maybe twice in over a hundred years. Y'all have totally gone off the deep end.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Dak was a helluva lot more than an OK player coming out of HS. He threw for over 3K yards and rushed for 1K his Sr year in 4A football.

Is that you Rick Ray?

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 09:43 PM
We still wont have a QB in 2017
Lose 3 OL starters
Lose Fred Ross
Lose alot of our best DL guys
Schedule flips to toss up games on the road

We will be a 6-7 win team at best in 2017

Rick Ray says cheers!

TrapGame
09-04-2016, 09:43 PM
If Dan comes out Saturday coaching like the Dan Mullen of 2009/10 and rolls Boom's team and then proceeds to pull a miracle 6-6 season with rekindled fire and vigor then I'm back on board. But, if it's the same shit show this Saturday and every game after for a 2-10 season then he should be fired.

maroonmania
09-04-2016, 09:45 PM
The team we lost to lost an ENTIRE starting DL in the spring and we couldn't move the ball.

Nobody wants Dan gone based on Saturday, its a position formed on the cumulative decisions of the last 18 months.

There are obviously issues between Mullen and the administration or he would have gotten his contract extended out to the max after a 9 win season (with the bowl win). Now whether the issues are serious enough to warrant a change after one losing season (if we have one) I don't know.

blacklistedbully
09-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Y'all have gone stark raving insane. Then again MSU fans have always been totally stupid when it come to football. This thread PROVES that.

Your post proves it.

Irony

civildawg
09-04-2016, 09:48 PM
rick Ray was a stricklin hire 100%. He won't be making another one

preachermatt83
09-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Dan WILL NOT be fired even if we lose by 40 sat. He WILL NOT be fired even if we go 2-10 this year. It WILL however put him in the situation where he is on the hot seat and will have to win 6 next year with 1 being OM.

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Dan WILL NOT be fired even if we lose by 40 sat. He WILL NOT be fired even if we go 2-10 this year. It WILL however put him in the situation where he is on the hot seat and will have to win 6 next year with 1 being OM.

Has an SEC coach that wasn't at Vandy survived a 2-win season in the last decade?

TrapGame
09-04-2016, 09:56 PM

Well, damn, we might as well start looking for another coach then. If Dan doesn't give a rat's rear this season for a craptastic 2-10 run then he certainly won't give one next season either.

lamont
09-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Rick Ray says cheers!

Our football program doesnt have players fighting in the stands, players being sent to workout with John Lucas because of their cocaine problem, and guys tweeting the world about how weak our HC is. Nobody views our football program as a dumpster fire or the "most dysfunctional program in the NCAA basketball"

Try again sweetie

lamont
09-04-2016, 09:58 PM
There are obviously issues between Mullen and the administration or he would have gotten his contract extended out to the max after a 9 win season (with the bowl win). Now whether the issues are serious enough to warrant a change after one losing season (if we have one) I don't know.

This guy has been paying attention

lamont
09-04-2016, 09:59 PM
rick Ray was a stricklin hire 100%. He won't be making another one

this guy has too

Op4isabitch
09-04-2016, 10:00 PM
If Dan comes out Saturday coaching like the Dan Mullen of 2009/10 and rolls Boom's team and then proceeds to pull a miracle 6-6 season with rekindled fire and vigor then I'm back on board. But, if it's the same shit show this Saturday and every game after for a 2-10 season then he should be fired.

I agree with this, however I'll add that the firing shouldn't happen until the season is over. Anyone saying or hoping he is fired after next Saturday (should we lose) is cray cray.

basedog
09-04-2016, 10:02 PM
I would be surprised if we see any major changes other than maybe at quarterback. Maybe.

I don't think he has much choice. I'm thinking we will see Tiano also.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2016, 10:03 PM
We are going to have to let it play out.

I know coaching searches are fun, but I think BY FAR the best option in this scenario is for Dan to get his shit together, re-focus, get Keytaon Thompson in here & rebuild.

I'm willing to take a sub-par year this year & next to make a run for two or three years after that. Mullen has certainly made some mistakes, but we all know he's a really good football coach when focused.

One thing is for sure, with a loss to South Alabama on the resume, Mullen won't be getting any huge offers any time soon. So, he's kind of stuck here for a while until he either rebuilds or gets fired.

The best option is for him to refocus, & rebuild the program.

We are in a rut right now. I don't think there is any way around that, but we can build out of it.

TrapGame
09-04-2016, 10:04 PM
I agree with this, however I'll add that the firing shouldn't happen until the season is over. Anyone saying or hoping he is fired after next Saturday (should we lose) is cray cray.

Completely agree.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2016, 10:06 PM

Agree. I would also say that we have to be careful by firing as a punishment or in spite of Mullen. We must truly be able to feel that the program would be better without him.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 10:28 PM

I know coaching searches are fun, but I think BY FAR the best option in this scenario is for Dan to get his shit together, re-focus, get Keytaon Thompson in here & rebuild.

I'm willing to take a sub-par year this year & next to make a run for two or three years after that. Mullen has certainly made some mistakes, but we all know he's a really good football coach when focused.

One thing is for sure, with a loss to South Alabama on the resume, Mullen won't be getting any huge offers any time soon. So, he's kind of stuck here for a while until he either rebuilds or gets fired.

We are in a rut right now. I don't think there is any way around that, but we can build out of it.

You're right on here.

Johnson85
09-05-2016, 03:30 AM
Yes... because Dak was an ok player out of hs and Mullen coached him up. While some people here was absolutely bashing it back in 2013, I was telling you that then. Dak wasn't a great passer. He became one. While some was bashing Mullen for putting him in the pocket more, Mullen was making a qb. That will follow Mullen. Not MSU.

Now I'm telling you again. We have 2 qbs that are better.

If we have two qbs netter than dak, Mullen should be fired for not playing either of them on last Saturday.

It's fine to support dan. It's certainly pointless to freak out about last week right now. Teams have bad games, and it's possible we will finish out the season ok and get to six wins. But not freaking out doesn't require saying stupid things. We have talent issues. We're not going to be great in 2017 based on anything seen to date.

Ranchdawg
09-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Bowl games are not what they used to be! Be real! Everybody with half a pulse goes to a meaningless bowl game! Please quit using that as a measuring stick! And please don't tell me Mullen had this team prepared and energized for last years Egg Bowl! This guy is making $11,000.00 a day to coach a freaking football and he looses to a team that's been only playing football for 7years! Really? I'm done with Mullen!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-05-2016, 06:33 AM
Mullen is scheduled to be on Mike and Mike this morning to talk about Dak. I wonder who he'll blame for losing to USA. Damn that's got to be embarrassing, but he's so damn arrogant he'll just accept the praise for "developing" Dak.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Mullen is scheduled to be on Mike and Mike this morning to talk about Dak. I wonder who he'll blame for losing to USA. Damn that's got to be embarrassing, but he's so damn arrogant he'll just accept the praise for "developing" Dak.

A bet you a dollar that "young team" comes out of his mouth at least twice.

Bucky Dog
09-05-2016, 06:44 AM
I still waiting on someone to tell me how we will pay his buyout AND sign and equivalent $4-5MM per year coach. You guys are ridiculous with all of this, just like 2013!! Fire home, I'm done, I'm a better coach and recruiter than he is.

ILOATHEBears
09-05-2016, 06:44 AM
I don't think he has much choice. I'm thinking we will see Tiano also.

Remember a few years ago when a tsun asst coach said one of his players nuts hadn't dropped. This is ******* problem as well. He doesn't have a set big enough to play a rfresh while saban marches out a true freshman opening weekend when he needed production.

lamont
09-05-2016, 06:58 AM
I still waiting on someone to tell me how we will pay his buyout AND sign and equivalent $4-5MM per year coach. You guys are ridiculous with all of this, just like 2013!! Fire home, I'm done, I'm a better coach and recruiter than he is.

The money is there if it has to be done.

JoseBrown
09-05-2016, 07:27 AM

With his extension not granted after last season, his buyout will be very reasonable with two years left on his contract. It will not be extended after this season either... Some on here seem to be misinformed. I saw the number $12,000,000 thrown out somewhere as a buyout. After this season as far as we know his total contract remaining shouldn't be worth over $8,500,000....

Dawgface
09-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Remember a few years ago when a tsun asst coach said one of his players nuts hadn't dropped. This is ******* problem as well. He doesn't have a set big enough to play a rfresh while saban marches out a true freshman opening weekend when he needed production.

Can you imagine Spurrier back in his younger days sticking with guys not doing the job? He would give Tiano a chance in a heart beat.

Johnson85
09-05-2016, 07:30 AM

When focused. He isn't focused anymore. And he isn't driven. Can't blame him, but that's a big problem when you're in the sec west and not at lsu.

Dan has certainly earned a down year, but I'm not optimistic he's going to be driven again.

Dawgface
09-05-2016, 07:32 AM
When focused. He isn't focused anymore. And he isn't driven. Can't blame him, but that's a big problem when you're in the sec west and not at lsu.

Dan has certainly earned a down year, but I'm not optimistic he's going to be driven again.

A down year yes.....not 2-10 down though.

Jack Lambert
09-05-2016, 07:38 AM
I am calling Bull Shit. I wonder if Recruits are reading this board?

PassInterference
09-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Remember if Dan gets another job, his salary gets refunded to us.

msbulldog
09-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Remember if Dan gets another job, his salary gets refunded to us.

Who's gonna hire him, especially with a huge buyout hanging?

ILOATHEBears
09-05-2016, 08:11 AM
I am calling Bull Shit. I wonder if Recruits are reading this board?

They maybe. However my question is what is staff doing to bolster recruiting

JoseBrown
09-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Who's gonna hire him, especially with a huge buyout hanging?

Can you tell me his huge buyout if we fire him before his contract here ends?

To be clear on his future income under contract years with us if we fired him. We wouldn't be reimbursed. We would more than likely simply pay him the difference between his new lower salary and his contractual income with us. If he makes more, then we don't owe him any additional income.

Jarius
09-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Don't think we will fire Mullen mid season but if we tank and go 2-10 he won't be here next year. He didn't get his contract extended last year for a reason. Hopefully he can turn it around and make a bowl game. We will see.

JoseBrown
09-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Don't think we will fire Mullen mid season but if we tank and go 2-10 he won't be here next year. He didn't get his contract extended last year for a reason. Hopefully he can turn it around and make a bowl game. We will see.

No way he's fired midseason. If we go 2-10, I'm not sure, but I would hope so. If we go 2-10, and one of those two aint UNM, I think he's gone.

He will only have 2 years remaining on his contract after this year. Whatever that 'huge buyout' is I would think it's at least half or less with two years remaining. Not that it even matters, if admin decides it's time money will not get in the way...

Mjoelner34
09-05-2016, 09:03 AM

Remember the donation that Leo Seal left the university in his will several years ago? The amount was never disclosed but about 2 weeks after the donation, a current official in the athletic department told me he heard that the money was specifically ear-marked for two things and two things only.

1. To pay the head football coach whatever it takes to keep him here.
2. To buyout the head football coach if we want him gone.

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2016, 09:17 AM

I don't see our financials, do you?

I always hear fans talk about how coaches can't be fired due to their contract, but I don't actually know of any examples where that has discouraged a team from firing their coach.

Additionally, at some point, you have to ask how much money you are wasting if you don't fire the coach

ILOATHEBears
09-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Remember the donation that Leo Seal left the university in his will several years ago? The amount was never disclosed but about 2 weeks after the donation, a current official in the athletic department told me he heard that the money was specifically ear-marked for two things and two things only.

1. To pay the head football coach whatever it takes to keep him here.
2. To buyout the head football coach if we want him gone.

He was told this past offseason because off his shenanigans trying to get the Miami job that if he has a losing season and loses to tsun he is trouble...,hence no contract extension

Turfdawg67
09-05-2016, 09:21 AM

And how highly was Dak recruited? Do you just post whatever pops into your little head?

BulldogBear
09-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Yeah but the OP alluded to he is coaching for his job this Sat. Even the so called big money boys don't have that close to that much sway to push an asinine move like that. Not to mention it is a small minority pushing that agenda. The bulk of them know you have to play out the year. I understand the, it's year 8 he shouldn't lose to USA argument but you cannot forget years 6 & 7 and as much as people are clamoring about how pissed they are with Mullen, most of the big boosters say in the same breath he has built up the program more than enough to play out the year. Most likely is coaching here next year unless there is a catastrophe.
I didn't take the OP as meaning immediately. I took it as more philosophical. If it's going to turn around this season it MUST begin with the easiest SEC game on the schedule (remember UK is in Lexington) because now we have to win 3 league games (maybe, read to end of post) to go to a bowl. If it doesn't turn around Saturday, then it won't turn around. Wheels will come off and we're looking at 1-11 at worst and 3-9 at best. On that sense, ******* may well be coaching for his job against the Cocks.

If there are any changes. We certainly saw no changes from last year's offensive philosophy and no adjustments in game on either side of the ball.

Here's to hopin'

This, except maybe not fired. Maybe not. If we keep him, he needs to be coaching for his job next season and the bar needs to be 7 regular season wins with a win over TSUN or 8 regular season wins without the golden egg.

This as said above more or less, although I'm not sure he will be safe with 2-10 or worse and I don't think 6-6 and beat the Bears is showing enough to keep his job in 2017.

This^

He doesn't go Monday morning, but lose and we're looking at a season worse than any if Crooms's. Think about that.

Agree. I would also say that we have to be careful by firing as a punishment or in spite of Mullen. We must truly be able to feel that the program would be better without him.
Whatever our emotions, there is wisdom here^^^^^

The financial situation now and back in 2009 are hugely different. So.....

....this^

If Mullen is here next season the chance that the reason is because we couldn't buy him out = 0%

No way he's fired midseason. If we go 2-10, I'm not sure, but I would hope so. If we go 2-10, and one of those two aint UNM, I think he's gone.

He will only have 2 years remaining on his contract after this year. Whatever that 'huge buyout' is I would think it's at least half or less with two years remaining. Not that it even matters, if admin decides it's time money will not get in the way...
If he goes 2-10, I'm not calling for canning him but I am open to the idea if it feels like not doing so is just putting off the inevitable. I'm glad someone besides me will be making that decision. I'm concerned about how badly this season will affect recruiting right when TSUN will be cuffed by the bailiff. It's starting to feel like Ole Miss is going down hard and we can't 17ing take advantage of it. Do we think we are going to be getting recruits the Bears used to pay for? No. The demise of UMISS is going to help Bama, LSU, and probably 17ing Harbough, not us....not with this freaking sheit show.

With all that said and in that sense, YES....******* is coaching for his job Saturday.

Note: with all the dang bowls, we will probably go to a bowl even at 5-7. There arw now provisions for that if there are not enough bowl eligible schools. Dan should send flowers to NCAA for lowering the bar for him.

PassInterference
09-05-2016, 09:24 AM
And how highly was Dak recruited? Do you just post whatever pops into your little head?

Mullen can see talent and isn't afraid to sign a talented 2-star.

But not all 2-3 stars are talented. We've had a handful of underrated players who were great.

But we've got way too many properly rated 2-3 star guys.

Op4isabitch
09-05-2016, 09:31 AM
People and public entities don't usually sign contracts that they can't honor, I'm certain MSU has all contingencies covered (including buyout money) or legal wouldn't have permitted the contract to be made.

For crying outloud, Stricklin doesn't just sit down with Dan and pull a number out of his butt, these things are negotiated and financial resources investigated and verified, in addition there are physicals and insurance policies to protect investments on both sides.

If MSU wants out of the agreement, then the contract will be terminated and that's that.

Turfdawg67
09-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Why is it so hard for people to realize this and quit crying and whining and acting like they have a direct line to the "cigar boys"!! Dan is not going anywhere and it would be completely irrational and idiotic to get rid of him, unless you already had a top tier HC lined up
You all are buying into the hype and allowing it to tear us up from the inside if you keep it up. Bad for morale and can hurt recruiting. Just STFU for awhile and let's see what happens. We will beat USC and we get Nick James, Dear and Simmons on the field. I hope Dan realizes it has to be Fitz and Tiano if we expect to move forward offensively. Everybody chill.

No... Dan sees that DW moved us down the field with 57 sec remaining and gave us a chance to win. DW will be his man going forward. I say throw Tiano out there and let him learn, now!

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2016, 03:22 PM

THIS

Jack Lambert
09-05-2016, 03:37 PM
THIS

6 bowl games, 10 win season, 9 win season and we lose one game and there is a thread like this. It's total bullshit. State fans just can't get out of their own way. Most negative people on this board. If they had a 10' dick they would complain both that it was too big and too small.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 04:02 PM
I don't see our financials, do you?

I always hear fans talk about how coaches can't be fired due to their contract, but I don't actually know of any examples where that has discouraged a team from firing their coach.

Additionally, at some point, you have to ask how much money you are wasting if you don't fire the coach

That's because no matter the contract the long term losses always outweigh the short term losses.

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 04:03 PM
6 bowl games, 10 win season, 9 win season and we lose one game and there is a thread like this. It's total bullshit. State fans just can't get out of their own way. Most negative people on this board. If they had a 10' dick they would complain both that it was too big and too small.

If we go 3-9 what will you say?

Dawgfan77
09-05-2016, 04:09 PM

This attitude is why no one takes us serious. Look what he did give him time. Well if we give him time, he is going to run the program down further. Expect more than just 6-6!! Don't just kill the beast cut it's damn head off and start over with a base not an empty cubbart

Dawgfan77
09-05-2016, 04:11 PM
If we go 3-9 what will you say?
I bet we find out what he says. 3-9 could be a stretch

gravedigger
09-05-2016, 04:21 PM

What we have coming back just lost to south Alabama.

Really Clark?
09-05-2016, 04:21 PM
This attitude is why no one takes us serious. Look what he did give him time. Well if we give him time, he is going to run the program down further. Expect more than just 6-6!! Don't just kill the beast cut it's damn head off and start over with a base not an empty cubbart

I hear ya but he has delivered way more than 6-6. You have to consider the history and how this season plays out. There are way way too many examples of coaches with significant win percentages over a school's history bounce back to his norm after a down year. For all the soothsayers in 2013 spouting the same type of rhetoric, the next 2 years proved they had no clue what they were talking about. They were 100% dead wrong in 2013. I don't know the future anymore than you do but those type of statements are not correct in what different people look at.

anubus
09-05-2016, 04:23 PM

that loser smirk alone shoulda got him Crowed after the game.If we lose to the roosters he needs to just jog outta town.

blacklistedbully
09-05-2016, 04:47 PM
A "down year" should never include a loss to S. Bama. So, for those who think Dan has "earned" a down year, I say to you, only if that down year is based solely on losing to decent teams...never a team as bad as USA.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 04:58 PM
A "down year" should never include a loss to S. Bama. So, for those who think Dan has "earned" a down year, I say to you, only if that down year is based solely on losing to decent teams...never a team as bad as USA.

A down year to me is getting into a sloberknocker with Kentucky and losing 21-20. It's not a down year when you lose to a mediocre Sun Belt team at home.

Dawgowar
09-05-2016, 04:59 PM

I have no idea what will happen the rest of the way. For all we know he finds his inner asshole and gets us to a decent season. What I do know is that there is no way. None. Nada. That we should give a multi-season pass to failure like we did Jackie. If the wheels have come off, end the Mullen regime instantly. Jackie's three seasons of decline under the BS mantra of 'He's Earned It' made an 8 scholarship probation seem like the death penalty. Somebody on one of these fan run websites needs to ask the question - "Coach, can you confirm you actually want to be in Starkville?" "Coach, you get paid a lot of money to win games like the one you just lost. Should fans be concerned you and your staff are under performing?"

"Coach why did you smirk after the loss?"

Remember BSR talking heads - quite a few of you busted all over Gene Swindoll for not asking tough questions of from the administration during Jackie's decline. Said he was too scared to lose access. Where are your nuts on this? We cannot let the administration sleep walk us into another five years of slaughter. Not sure what our version of 'Red Cup Rebellion' could be, but if this season nosedives there needs to be grassroots level revolt.

blacklistedbully
09-05-2016, 05:00 PM

Jack...it's not because he lost one game. It's because he lost a game to SOUTH FREAKIN' ALABAMA, and a USA that was missing 3 starters off an already sub-par DL! It because this is how we came out of the gates after the way we lost to UNM last year. It's the way Dan continues to handle personnel and game management.

It because we saw what Dan put on the field Saturday (especially coaching), and lost hope for our future with Dan at the helm.

ILOATHEBears
09-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Jack...it's not because he lost one game. It's because he lost a game to SOUTH FREAKIN' ALABAMA, and a USA that was missing 3 starters off an already sub-par DL! It because this is how we came out of the gates after the way we lost to UNM last year. It's the way Dan continues to handle personnel and game management.

It because we saw what Dan put on the field Saturday (especially coaching), and lost hope for our future with Dan at the helm.

THIS!! And how he does with going after every open job in the country

msstate7
09-05-2016, 05:07 PM
THIS!! And how he does with going after every open job in the country

Yeah, not sure why he wouldn't want to stick around. Our fans love him so much

ILOATHEBears
09-05-2016, 05:08 PM
One reason I think he got complacent is because we bumped his pay up way to fast in hindsight. First 2-3 years we were so happy finally winning, having an offense with a pulse and feared every rumor that he was interviewing for this or that job that we gave in to his financial demands to keep him. Not he is fat and happy with that paycheck living the Mullen country club life but has no fire in the belly

Dawgowar
09-05-2016, 05:20 PM

I judge at a pretty macro-level. Results. He has them. But I also know the history of this school and when what happened Saturday goes down and there is public indifference then an alarm bell needs to go off. He wants to recruit the way he does? I have never criticized a single class. He wants to lose defensive coaches left and right - I have always looked forward to the next one. Why? He produces results. So did Jackie. Then the shit went downhill and we waited to long. Not sure how I am off the deep end by typing an opinion.

He absolutely has earned an entire season to show what he can do, but tell me, honestly, does he seem to give a shit about beating our rivals anymore? Did he really capitalize on that number one ranking for us or did he use it to book interviews? I want him to save this season. The guy we hired would not have grinned and shrugged this off.

I can damn sure criticize a man paid to coach a game at $4 mil a year. I also want that man to succeed or at least show some sign he wants to win. Show some fight or contrition to the people that paid to build his facilities and pay his staff.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-05-2016, 05:32 PM

It's a two way street and the perception is that he doesn't want to be here so you can't ask fans to just look the other way. I appreciate what he has done for us, but we don't owe him shit.

msstate7
09-05-2016, 05:34 PM
I judge at a pretty macro-level. Results. He has them. But I also know the history of this school and when what happened Saturday goes down and there is public indifference then an alarm bell needs to go off. He wants to recruit the way he does? I have never criticized a single class. He wants to lose defensive coaches left and right - I have always looked forward to the next one. Why? He produces results. So did Jackie. Then the shit went downhill and we waited to long. Not sure how I am off the deep end by typing an opinion.

He absolutely has earned an entire season to show what he can do, but tell me, honestly, does he seem to give a shit about beating our rivals anymore? Did he really capitalize on that number one ranking for us or did he use it to book interviews? I want him to save this season. The guy we hired would not have grinned and shrugged this off.

I can damn sure criticize a man paid to coach a game at $4 mil a year. I also want that man to succeed or at least show some sign he wants to win. Show some fight or contrition to the people that paid to build his facilities and pay his staff.

I thought Mullen made a concerted effort to improve recruiting this offseason with Buckley, Peterson, and even Sirmon (usc recruiting coordinator)

msstate7
09-05-2016, 05:36 PM
It's a two way street and the perception is that he doesn't want to be here so you can't ask fans to just look the other way. I appreciate what he has done for us, but we don't owe him shit.
I think we owe him the rest of the season before we name his successor

Todd4State
09-05-2016, 05:38 PM
I thought Mullen made a concerted effort to improve recruiting this offseason with Buckley, Peterson, and even Sirmon (usc recruiting coordinator)

He did but we still have albatrosses on the staff. It's basically like recruiting with half a staff and everyone else has a full deck. You can't hire a couple of guys and expect them to pull the entire load while your dumbass o-line coach is still being toxic and expect to be in the top 15 just because.

Tbonewannabe
09-05-2016, 05:58 PM
I think we owe him the rest of the season before we name his successor

I agree with this. He has the whole season but he is now working uphill. If he only wins the games against teams with losing records and we get bent over by UNM for the 3rd year in a row then I want him gone. That is my worthless opinion as a non cigar supporter. We have looked completely unprepared in the last 2 Egg Bowls and that isn't ok with me.

TrapGame
09-05-2016, 06:06 PM
I agree with this. He has the whole season but he is now working uphill. If he only wins the games against teams with losing records and we get bent over by UNM for the 3rd year in a row then I want him gone. That is my worthless opinion as a non cigar supporter. We have looked completely unprepared in the last 2 Egg Bowls and that isn't ok with me.

We looked the same against USA. It was eerily similar.

RougeDawg
09-05-2016, 07:06 PM

Based on what I heard Saturday it's not gonna take much for Keenum to show him the door. DM's tenure at MSU was on life support before this past Saturday's shit show. If we don't improve dramatically and find a bowl game, the plug will be pulled in November. You can take that to the bank. It almost happened in the off season after he had won 9 games. Let that sink in.

Mutt the Hoople
09-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Everybody chill.
No.

RougeDawg
09-05-2016, 07:19 PM
We looked the same against USA. It was eerily similar.

We've looked lost more times than not since we beat Auburn in 14 and jumped to #1. It's like somethings inside of dan changed and he hasn't reverted back to the "they don't know what's about to take this field" pre game LSU 14 Dan. Unless he gets back to that style of coaching he's on his farewell tour.

Coach007
09-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Mullen isn't going any where this year. He will be the coach next year. If next year is bad..... he will be on the hot seat.

All of the talk going on right now is few fans upset acting like they know.

Dawgface
09-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Mullen isn't going any where this year. He will be the coach next year. If next year is bad..... he will be on the hot seat.

And how do you know?

maroonmania
09-05-2016, 07:59 PM

I would believe this IF Mullen had gotten his contract extended to the max last year. Its almost unheard of that a coach of ours goes 9-4 and doesn't get his contract extended out. Something is definitely amiss and that was BEFORE the USA loss. And make no mistake, the loss this past Saturday was among the very worst losses in modern program history. And that's saying something given our history.

PassInterference
09-05-2016, 08:05 PM
I hear ya but he has delivered way more than 6-6. You have to consider the history and how this season plays out. There are way way too many examples of coaches with significant win percentages over a school's history bounce back to his norm after a down year. For all the soothsayers in 2013 spouting the same type of rhetoric, the next 2 years proved they had no clue what they were talking about. They were 100% dead wrong in 2013. I don't know the future anymore than you do but those type of statements are not correct in what different people look at.

This is not just a down year. This is the result of piss poor recruiting. Two years of half-ass recruiting is showing its ugly head.

Dawgfan77
09-05-2016, 08:13 PM

In year 8 we lost to south freaking Alabama yet you think we should hold on the slydantanic???? There is no way on God's green earth we are going to better next year. Do you see how many JUCO's we are signing or recruiting?? We have just over 75 on scholarship not counting Walk on. How are we going to be better if we keep the slydantanic

Really Clark?
09-05-2016, 08:33 PM
This is not just a down year. This is the result of piss poor recruiting. Two years of half-ass recruiting is showing its ugly head.

Yeah but many down years coaches have are related to personel issues. Be it recruiting, injuries, extreme youth, etc. Or combinations of several factors.

BulldogBear
09-05-2016, 08:58 PM

Add to this that we lost to South Alabama....after leading 17-0 at the half. It's not like we got into a fight and lost. There aren't more than 4-6 teams in any given year nationally that you should be 17ing even capable of losing to after being up three scores at the half. That crap show was inexcusable.

Tbonewannabe
09-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Yeah but many down years coaches have are related to personel issues. Be it recruiting, injuries, extreme youth, etc. Or combinations of several factors.

Our offense for the most part is junior and seniors. Our entire Oline have been on campus a minimum of 3 years and our QB has been on campus for 3 years. Both of our RBs are seniors and the WRs are 2 seniors and a junior. If anything we are a very veteran team. The defense is playing some younger players over the less talented older guys.

Really Clark?
09-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Our offense for the most part is junior and seniors. Our entire Oline have been on campus a minimum of 3 years and our QB has been on campus for 3 years. Both of our RBs are seniors and the WRs are 2 seniors and a junior. If anything we are a very veteran team. The defense is playing some younger players over the less talented older guys.

Where in the world did I say anything about our issues or it having to do with youth?

Coach007
09-05-2016, 10:54 PM

Lol! We lost our leader in offense. He was what 75% of the offense. You don't replace that without bumps in the road.

I have been on this board and every year it's the same thing. Fire Mullen... regardless the facts. Fact, this team was depleted and totally wrong for the hiring if Mullen. NEVER mind that it was Mullen that took a poorly recruited QB and polished him into a QB that broke records here. Never mind that he took an average of 35th ranked recruiting class to the first #1 team in the nation for 5 weeks at MSU.

He is recruiting some juco players this year because he knows what we have next year! Recruit some depth for the long haul

blacklistedbully
09-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Lol! We lost our leader in offense. He was what 75% of the offense. You don't replace that without bumps in the road.

I have been on this board and every year it's the same thing. Fire Mullen... regardless the facts. Fact, this team was depleted and totally wrong for the hiring if Mullen. NEVER mind that it was Mullen that took a poorly recruited QB and polished him into a QB that broke records here. Never mind that he took an average of 35th ranked recruiting class to the first #1 team in the nation for 5 weeks at MSU.

He is recruiting some juco players this year because he knows what we have next year! Recruit some depth for the long haul

You call losing to a shitty Sunbelt team that was missing 3 starters off an already shitty D-line a, "bump in the road"?

Are you kidding me?

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2016, 12:05 PM
You call losing to a shitty Sunbelt team that was missing 3 starters off an already shitty D-line a, "bump in the road"?

Are you kidding me?

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/attachments/a7-192/37317d1393255419-huge-potholes-car-hole-004.jpg

Coach007
09-06-2016, 12:13 PM

Are you kidding me?

No. I'm not.

1- Your overall leader is gone.

2- The heart of the team.

3- Over all offense... about 75% of it.

Just because you want Mullen gone does not mean that truth is truth.