PDA

View Full Version : After mulling over yesterday's devastating loss, I only have one question...

maroonmania
09-04-2016, 04:04 PM
when does basketball season start??

Gonna be a rough one fellas.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Not giving up yet. Arkansas started the previous 2 years with a bad loss and salvaged their years. Ohio state lost inexplicably to a very bad VT team and then ran the table for a natty. I'm not saying we'll do anything like Ohio state, but I do believe we can have an Arkansas-like comeback year to get a bowl

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Not giving up yet. Arkansas started the previous 2 years with a bad loss and salvaged their years. Ohio state lost inexplicably to a very bad VT team and then ran the table for a natty. I'm not saying we'll do anything like Ohio state, but I do believe we can have an Arkansas-like comeback year to get a bowl

Well, we'll know pretty quickly. A loss to USC -- close or not -- will be the end of the season.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Well, we'll know pretty quickly. A loss to USC -- close or not -- will be the end of the season.

This is true. I think we rebound though

maroonmania
09-04-2016, 04:14 PM

You make a good point. If we come back strong and get a win next weekend where we look like a competent football team then maybe we can salvage this thing. If we don't, its probably time to fold the tents.

Pollodawg
09-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Yesterday is still so surreal from a fan standpoint. I can't believe we lost to South Alabama.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Yesterday is still so surreal from a fan standpoint. I can't believe we lost to South Alabama.

I think you guys see I'm pretty positive, so take this how you will. This year was always gonna be a struggle and a bowl should've been the goal. Maybe yesterday is just what Mullen needed. We've lost games we probably should've won before, but nothing like this. The national perception when we lost games to sec schools (we really shouldn't have) was that we shouldn't have won anyway, so no bad reflection on Mullen. Well yesterday wasn't like that... This loss is a huge black eye on Mullen himself whether he takes the blame or not. I'm really hopeful this is the wakeup call Mullen needs

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 04:23 PM

Yeah Arkansas lost to Toledo 13-12 last year and the Fire bielima folks were everywhere there. We about to find out if our coach still has the locker room and if the players fight for him. If we play uninspired you can bet he's lost the team and its all over but the crying. I think we will know Saturday night if the Mullen era is over. I honestly hope he can get this thing turned around and yesterday was just one of those anomalies. We gonna find out soon.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Yeah Arkansas lost to Toledo 13-12 last year and the Fire bielima folks were everywhere there. We about to find out if our coach still has the locker room and if the players fight for him. If we play uninspired you can bet he's lost the team and its all over but the crying. I think we will know Saturday night if the Mullen era is over. I honestly hope he can get this thing turned around and yesterday was just one of those anomalies. We gonna find out soon.

12 points in that game.... Wow! Arkansas led the league in scoring for conference games only. Guess game 1 isn't the end all, be all we make it out to be here

Cowboydawg
09-04-2016, 08:00 PM
I'm with you msstate7. I'm not necessarily predicting a turnaround but I just don't believe we are as bad as we looked Saturday. I'm anxious to see how the team responds and particularly how Mullen responds. I think we need to fill the stands up and support this team...at least one more week.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 08:05 PM
12 points in that game.... Wow! Arkansas led the league in scoring for conference games only. Guess game 1 isn't the end all, be all we make it out to be here

Exactly! It sure doesn't have to be. Obviously we have to change some things. Everything takes care of itself. Either Mullen gets it corrected and we continue building or he doesn't and we find someone who can. It's on Dan at this point.

Op4isabitch
09-04-2016, 08:06 PM
I think you guys see I'm pretty positive, so take this how you will. This year was always gonna be a struggle and a bowl should've been the goal. Maybe yesterday is just what Mullen needed. We've lost games we probably should've won before, but nothing like this. The national perception when we lost games to sec schools (we really shouldn't have) was that we shouldn't have won anyway, so no bad reflection on Mullen. Well yesterday wasn't like that... This loss is a huge black eye on Mullen himself whether he takes the blame or not. I'm really hopeful this is the wakeup call Mullen needs

I agree about huge black eye for CDM, the thing that upsets me though is when national guys like Dan Wolken write stories that make it sound like we lowly folks at MSU should be grateful that Mullen is here and there's no way we should expect better than what we currently have.

I like Wolken for the most part but those slanted stories just get under my skin. If what they are writing is true then the TCU's, Oregons, LSU's and Houstons of the world shouldn't be where they are either.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 08:11 PM
I agree about huge black eye for CDM, the thing that upsets me though is when national guys like Dan Wolken write stories that make it sound like we lowly folks at MSU should be grateful that Mullen is here and there's no way we should expect better than what we currently have.

I like Wolken for the most part but those slanted stories just get under my skin. If what they are writing is true then the TCU's, Oregons, LSU's and Houstons of the world shouldn't be where they are either.

I agree with this 100%. There's been plenty of historically mediocre programs that have built elite programs, like the ones you mentioned and others. We can do the same thing here. I'm proud of State and it rankles me too when the media puts us down like that.

Pollodawg
09-04-2016, 09:16 PM

We've been close several times to losing a game like this, but we've always found a way to get it done. Not this time I guess. Mullen needs to win me back this Saturday. I just can't believe we're as bad as we looked Saturday.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 09:20 PM
We've been close several times to losing a game like this, but we've always found a way to get it done. Not this time I guess. Mullen needs to win me back this Saturday. I just can't believe we're as bad as we looked Saturday.

I'm hanging by a thread on Mullen. I wanna believe he's still our guy, but Saturday was on him

SDDawg
09-04-2016, 09:24 PM

In this camp as well. Dan needs that bowl game to preserve his brand as well. He'll fight for it.