PDA

View Full Version : Anybody listen to Wyatt and Borkey

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Both were very adamant about Williams has to be our guy going forward and building around him. Me personally, I just don't see it. I figured Fitz gives us the best running attack(hell all he ran was option in HS) and can give us a more variety of throws(not just bubble screens). Williams is just not a deep threat at all. We have to be able to complete a deep ball every now and then or our so called "offense" (Holloway up the gut and bubble screens) will be totally useless against sec teams.

Would like to hear everyone take in regards to "we have to go with Williams"

Heck Tiano might need some snaps. All I have heard is the team thinks he may be the one with the "it" factor. And Lord knows we were missing that Sat.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 03:46 PM
We just lost to USA. No one has to be the guy at any position. I hope this week is open tryout among our players at every position

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Like you said, it can't be Williams because he can't throw down the field. Hell, and we thought Bo Wallace was Captain Bubble Screen

Dawgface
09-04-2016, 03:48 PM
They must still be drunk from last night.

Alphadog
09-04-2016, 03:49 PM
To me it has to be Fitz or Tiano. I think the lack of a vertical game killed us yesterday. The WR screens weren't available because as soon as Ross or whoever caught the ball there was 3 defenders there because the safeties were flying up. They did not have to cover deep so they could fly up on everything.
When I listened to the game on the radio yesterday I thought it was because the other receivers weren't blocking. After watching the replay, there were too many defenders there for them to block. USA was not worried about the deep ball at all. Hurt our running attack also. We have to develop a threat to stretch the field and I don't think that threat exists as long as Williams is the QB

And I'm assuming the other 2 are more of a deep ball threat. I really have no clue because haven't seen enough of any of them to know

dawg27
09-04-2016, 03:52 PM
We just lost to USA. No one has to be the guy at any position. I hope this week is open tryout among our players at every position

U nailed it! we lost to usa there is really nothing more to say.b

defiantdog
09-04-2016, 04:04 PM
We haven't recruited well at the qb position. Dak has been Mullen's only true star at qb since he's been here. Fitz can be the guy, but he needs to kill the nerves. Williams is chill as can be, but can't hit a real pass. Tiano actually struggles on the short passes. Hell, Keytaon my have a shot at starting next year. Until someone steps up, we're in trouble no matter who's running the offense.

maroonmania
09-04-2016, 04:23 PM

This is my position. When you just lost to a team that is considered a lower level Sun Belt team EVERY position should be fully open to competition. NOBODY should be feeling like their spot is secure.

Jarius
09-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Williams is not an SEC quarterback. Wyatt needs to pull his head out of his ass. He does not have the skills to be an sec quarterback. He just doesn't. We need to play the younger more physically talented guys and just take our lumps. There is zero future with Williams. Playing now him is a waste of time. It's hard to believe anyone could have watched that game and seriously came away with an opinion that he needs to be "the guy".

msstate7
09-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Williams is not an SEC quarterback. Wyatt needs to pull his head out of his ass. He does not have the skills to be an sec quarterback. He just doesn't. We need to play the younger more physically talented guys and just take our lumps. There is zero future with Williams. Playing now him is a waste of time. It's hard to believe anyone could have watched that game and seriously came away with an opinion that he needs to be "the guy".

Maybe Wyatt sees a little of Wyatt in Williams in that neither are true sec talents, but playing in the sec nevertheless and had a few moments

JoseBrown
09-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Agree with Jarius, Matt needs to pull his head out of his ass. It took USA till half-time to make the changes. Defend the screens and the LOS against Holloway, because our QB can't hit the broadside of a barn past the LOS. The rest was history. Our offensive game plan was paper thin and South caught on quick. Then proceeded to kick Mullen in the nuts and laugh at him!! Or with him!!

TNDawg35
09-04-2016, 04:48 PM
To me, it seemed like the only reason Fitz started was to appease the fan base. I would almost put money on it Mullen knew Williams would play most of the game regardless of what happened. I got a feeling Williams will start or play the majority of every game and we will get our ass handed to us. Good thing its hunting season....

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Wyatt gets his paycheck from the company. You're really expecting him to say anything that isn't company approved?

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Wyatt gets his paycheck from the company. You're really expecting him to say anything that isn't company approved?

Bingo. My guess is Wyatt has been told it will be Williams going forward. You get the fans to buy into Williams.

Dawgface
09-04-2016, 05:45 PM
To me, it seemed like the only reason Fitz started was to appease the fan base. I would almost put money on it Mullen knew Williams would play most of the game regardless of what happened. .

I don't believe that. If he wanted to appease the fans, he would use some other running back other than Holloway.

Dawg4Life
09-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Both were very adamant about Williams has to be our guy going forward and building around him. Me personally, I just don't see it. I figured Fitz gives us the best running attack(hell all he ran was option in HS) and can give us a more variety of throws(not just bubble screens). Williams is just not a deep threat at all. We have to be able to complete a deep ball every now and then or our so called "offense" (Holloway up the gut and bubble screens) will be totally useless against sec teams.

Would like to hear everyone take in regards to "we have to go with Williams"

Heck Tiano might need some snaps. All I have heard is the team thinks he may be the one with the "it" factor. And Lord knows we were missing that Sat.

I heard it. I was in shock. Basically what was said was "if your first reaction is to have problems with the QB spot after Saturday then you lose your right to have an opinion on football for the rest of the year...and you need to listen to me and others more often."

I like Matt and he has a right to that opinion, but in this offense you have to have more than a serviceable QB. If he is saying that there are other issues on the team and you shouldn't just concentrate on the QB, fine, I can go with that. To say that the QB play Saturday (which yielded 20 points and a loss to USA) is what you can work with, then you have no faith in the guys behind him. I don't buy that. Very disappointing comments.

MarketingBully
09-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Why were we throwing on them any way? We had a freaking 40 lb advantage on the line and had a stable of very good backs. Oh wait a minute, I know why. Because we have Dan Mullen as the head coach. Look, our game plan yesterday was pure shit. We took the game yesterday as a scrimmage and not going after their weakness which was their DL. Mullen is so arrogant he thought he could call anything yesterday and it would have worked. This team is going to have to run to setup the pass. Dak is no longer here. Mullen has to get it through his skull.

TopDog58
09-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Why were we throwing on them any way? We had a freaking 40 lb advantage on the line and had a stable of very good backs. Oh wait a minute, I know why. Because we have Dan Mullen as the head coach. Look, our game plan yesterday was pure shit. We took the game yesterday as a scrimmage and not going after their weakness which was their DL. Mullen is so arrogant he thought he could call anything yesterday and it would have worked. This team is going to have to run to setup the pass. Dak is no longer here. Mullen has to get it through his skull.

A stable of very good backs? Based on what? None of them have done shit to prove they can run the ball on air much less an opposing team

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 07:55 PM
I heard it. I was in shock. Basically what was said was "if your first reaction is to have problems with the QB spot after Saturday then you lose your right to have an opinion on football for the rest of the year...and you need to listen to me and others more often."

I like Matt and he has a right to that opinion, but in this offense you have to have more than a serviceable QB. If he is saying that there are other issues on the team and you shouldn't just concentrate on the QB, fine, I can go with that. To say that the QB play Saturday (which yielded 20 points and a loss to USA) is what you can work with, then you have no faith in the guys behind him. I don't buy that. Very disappointing comments.

I was in shock also. I know he was pointing out that QB should not be the first position group to blame or scold, but to say that the starting QB going forward is not debatable is just plain stupid and foolish.

tcdog70
09-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Matt also said we can't rush 3-4 and play zone or we will get just what The Jags did to us. We must bring pressure and play man.

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 07:58 PM
A stable of very good backs? Based on what? None of them have done shit to prove they can run the ball on air much less an opposing team

They might be good. But who knows? He won't give them a chance. I do know that most of them would be better up the middle than Holloway!!!

lastmajordog
09-04-2016, 08:01 PM

THis^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Bingo. My guess is Wyatt has been told it will be Williams going forward. You get the fans to buy into Williams.

If that is the case, then the only theory I can come up with is Dan wants out so much he is willing to commit career suicide to do so.