PDA

View Full Version : Players - Let's clear this up right now

archdog
09-04-2016, 02:37 PM
In no way is a fan talking shit about your performance. That loss was on Dan Mullen only. Thank you guys for the sacrifice you have made in your lives for MSU.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 03:08 PM
100% agreement on this!

Turfdawg67
09-04-2016, 03:36 PM
97% agreement on this.... Yes this is almost entirely on Dan and his staff and it should've never come down to a FG, but those were two incredibly poor shanks in the 4th qtr. You got one job, make the freaking chip shots!

defiantdog
09-04-2016, 03:37 PM
97% agreement on this.... Yes this is almost entirely on Dan and his staff and it should've never come down to a FG, but those were two incredibly poor shanks in the 4th qtr. You got one job, make the freaking chip shots!
Same could be said about their kicker

Engine
09-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Players can't talk shit about fans. Sorry. We've been here for 20-30-40-50 years. Don't start that shit.

RocketDawg
09-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Players can't talk shit about fans. Sorry. We've been here for 20-30-40-50 years. Don't start that shit.

But they can certainly express frustrations. What he said was nowhere near as bad as what a lot of fans have posted.

Engine
09-04-2016, 04:49 PM
But they can certainly express frustrations. What he said was nowhere near as bad as what a lot of fans have posted.

They can go look in the mirror. These aren't high schoolers. THEY were the ones on the field giving up all kind of yards in the air. **** that. THEY ought to feel like shit today because it is largely THEIR FAULT everyone around the state is pissed.

Dan is the main problem and should have been fired already. You don't go through the motions while taking the people's 4+ million dollars. I don't care if we go 2-10 get rid of him now because he is a lost cause.

ckDOG
09-04-2016, 05:29 PM
In no way is a fan talking shit about your performance. That loss was on Dan Mullen only. Thank you guys for the sacrifice you have made in your lives for MSU.

If players are worried about what fans think after an embarrassing season opening loss to a Sun Belt team, it's going to be a shittastic year even by MSU historical standards. If Saturday was a fluke, and I hope it was, players and coaches better be pissed at their performance and focused on how they get their shit together for the rest of the year instead of throwing a pity party because fans are pissed that they showed more emotion during their morning dump than what was observed Saturday on the playing field and sidelines.

louisvilledawg
09-04-2016, 05:32 PM

Agree with this and also not. yeah, westin missed a fg he would've made 95/100 times, but what about our defense? we were freaking torched all day. Should've never come down to a fg. But yeah, go ahead and blame westin

louisvilledawg
09-04-2016, 05:36 PM
my b

Coach007
09-04-2016, 05:36 PM

Nope. It's not on Just MULLEN. Let's talk angles. Williams is the one that did too much on the play that was suppose to set up a fg. Instead of being centered, he was forced to the left and the spot was a horrible angle.

The kicker missed 2 important fgs. Receivers dropped passes etc....

Did Mullen make a mistake? Yes sir. Fitz should have been named the starter. Left in to sink or swim.

Apoplectic
09-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Nope. It's not on Just MULLEN. Let's talk angles. Williams is the one that did too much on the play that was suppose to set up a fg. Instead of being centered, he was forced to the left and the spot was a horrible angle.

The kicker missed 2 important fgs. Receivers dropped passes etc....

Did Mullen make a mistake? Yes sir. Fitz should have been named the starter. Left in to sink or swim.

Cmon he kicks that angle 100 times during the week - kickers know how (or should know how) to kick from the hashes any where on the field.

And nothing good can come of players being on social media after a loss, any loss. If we had a coach he would put a stop to it before it starts. I have a feeling it is going to get nastier as the season goes on - mullen must stop it now!!

Bucky Dog
09-04-2016, 06:08 PM
They can go look in the mirror. These aren't high schoolers. THEY were the ones on the field giving up all kind of yards in the air. **** that. THEY ought to feel like shit today because it is largely THEIR FAULT everyone around the state is pissed.

Dan is the main problem and should have been fired already. You don't go through the motions while taking the people's 4+ million dollars. I don't care if we go 2-10 get rid of him now because he is a lost cause.

Dude you really have Lost your shit. Did Mullen bang your wife and shit in your bed??

OlePissSux
09-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Players more worried about what fans have to say is part of the problem. Want them quiet perform like you should.

EdDawg
09-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Graves should have made the kick, that is true and no disputing that, however if you say that then you also have to say that south makes their field goals. If both those things happen, guess what? We still lose!

We should have never been in that position. We should have been winning by 3 td's in the 4th.

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 07:09 PM
I only get upset at the players of they don't hustle or give effort. That's not what I saw Saturday. I saw a team of players being put in a bad position and being asked to do things outside of their skill set. That's all on Dan.

The players and fans shouldn't be responding to each other on social media unless it is something positive.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 07:12 PM
I only get upset at the players of they don't hustle or give effort. That's not what I saw Saturday. I saw a team of players being put in a bad position and being asked to do things outside of their skill set. That's all on Dan.

The players and fans shouldn't be responding to each other on social media unless it is something positive.

Yep this all day long. We had the wrong players on the field at the wrong times yesterday.

Bothrops
09-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Tackle better and play like you want it. Like AJ Jefferson, Leo Lewis and Brandon Holloway. Follow their lead.