PDA

View Full Version : My uneducated 2 cents worth.

Alphadog
09-04-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm no football expert but here is what I saw. Just watched the game on TV.

1. QB play was horrible. Starting with the very first play. Not sure if Fitz was told to hand it off no matter what but it appeared to me that he could have pulled it and ran for a mile. And it appeared every time the QB pulled it on an option play they did run for a mile.

2. Passing was embarrassing. Fitz appeared to stare down his receivers on the couple of chances he got. And it doesn't appear D. Will can throw it over 10 yds accurately.

3. Without being able to throw it deep, they sat on the WR screens and we were unable to make anyone miss.

4. The O-Line looked better than I expected after reading the board. Not great but QB usually had time to pass and when we didn't try to run Holloway straight at them, we picked up pretty good yards on the outside with jet sweeps and the QB keeping on the option.

5. Also I expected worse play from the CBs. Again, they weren't great but they didn't stand out as being horrible. However, safeties and linebackers (JT) got picked on pretty regularly by the TE and slot.

6. Penalties and bad times killed us.

7. Missed tackles killed us.

8. Not being able to break tackles killed us.

9. Obviously missed FG killed us.

Overall, I think the players and coaches thought this would be one where we could be vanilla and win and move on the the next game and that obviously wasn't the case. Guess we will see if they fold or nut up from here.

L. Lewis looked good and AJ had his moments but that was about it.

I am in the camp that we should go with Fitz and if he can't cut it go to Tiano. D Will just isn't very fast and didn't show me that he can throw it well enough to make an impact.

LB and Safeties have got to get better in coverage. CBs may suck to but they didn't even have to throw at the CBs because LBs and safeties could cover a TE.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Leo Lewis was the bright spot of the day for me. He is gonna be outstanding. Add Simmons and James and I think we have a chance to be pretty good in our front 7. Richie will benefit from James' addition... Nick should keep olinemen off our lb's better