PDA

View Full Version : My take after torturing myself

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Just watched the game this morning for first time and I must say it was torture.

First let's start with QB: If Williams is going to be our starter, then we are toast for the rest of the year. He made just a few decent plays on some runs, but that is it. Anything over a 15 yard pass if a crap shoot. I don't know if I saw him complete a deep ball. There were a few times our guy had a step and he wasn't even close. Stupid by Mullen that Fitz didn't play more than 6 snaps. He is the better runner and deep passer and didn't get another chance. If he won the start in the first place, he should have played a lot more. I can't evaluate Fitz b/c he didn't play. Only reason Dam.(how stupid is that on your jersey) had a descent completion % is because all he threw is bubbles. Hell I can do that for at least 60%. Like I said before, we in real trouble if D Will is the guy going forward.

RB: I swear if see Holloway run up the gut again I'm done for year. He gets crushed every time unless there is a gaping hole. He is being totally misused. Why in the hell he and Dear can't switch positions is beyond my understanding. Oh wait, maybe our coach is just that dumb(doesn't know how timeouts we have at the end of the game). I refuse to believe we have no talent at RB between Williams, Gibson, Mixon, Dear, Lee, and tn kid I can't remember. There is some power in that group somewhere.

Secondary: I grouped CB and S together because they both suck a**. Coman should never see the field again. Bites on play action every time and can't cover. Bryant didn't show up either. Thought he was going to be all world back there but he got beat over the top on their first td and missed tackles. Rayford nowhere close to ready. Smokie just running around watching his guy make the catch. Don't know what the hell is wrong with Peters. #2 safety in the country my a** if he can't beat out any of this crew!!! This bunch is the worst group on the whole team and it ain't close.

OL: so so performance. Maybe I should say not very good because we definately were not dominate against their 2nd string DL. Still way off from a talent perspective. Think everyone agrees Hev just needs to disappear.

DL and LB: they had a decent day. R Brown and JT Gray did not have their best game. 44 and 47 came to play. Really liked their effort. Everyone else in this group was just meh. Jung missed the tackle for a safety that would have prevented the 99 yd killer drive.

Overall this is one of the worst performances I have ever seen. I have no clue my we didn't pound the hell out of them with some our bigger backs, especially in the second half when we were leading. I thought this is where Fitz would really shine in being our running QB. We should have bulldozed their a** all the way to victory, limiting their possessions to torch our Swiss cheese secondary. What troubles me even more than all this is the lack of fire from our head coach. Even the girl on tv said some of the players said he has mellowed out. This is very troubling to me because it looks like 90% of our players are playing the way our head coach coaches! Lackadaisical!!!! I'm out!!! To pissed now to keep typing!!

Tbonewannabe
09-04-2016, 02:14 PM
We could have ran the option every offensive play and still won. Complete shit play calling.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 02:17 PM
We could have ran the option every offensive play and still won. Complete shit play calling.

Man I wish we would get back to that. The option is still an offense that's hard to defend, that's why teams are still running it after all these years, that and it doesn't require elite ol play just decent.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
09-04-2016, 02:18 PM
QB=sucked
RB= atrocious
Secondary=Smokie well got smoked!! Rayford looked absolutely clueless. Safety looked really bad couldn't cover equal halves of the field.
OL=Marginal
DL ,LB= Decent agree Leo Lewis was all over the field making plays
Overall= SHIT SHOW
Coaching=The SHITTER was literally full!!

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 03:21 PM
QB=sucked
RB= atrocious
Secondary=Smokie well got smoked!! Rayford looked absolutely clueless. Safety looked really bad couldn't cover equal halves of the field.
OL=Marginal
DL ,LB= Decent agree Leo Lewis was all over the field making plays
Overall= SHIT SHOW
Coaching=The SHITTER was literally full!!

Think we are on the same page. Also our play calling was so erratic. It had no continuity or flow about it. Just randomly pick play from the playbook and run it. And just throwing players out there to get PT is a freaking joke. You have to earn PT by practicing well or you get up by 28. Hell we got walk ons playing while the game is still in doubt. Once again, all coaching

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 03:37 PM
That's what annoyed me the most, the erratic play calling. To run you have to be commuted to run, it's the mindset. I know we aren't Bama but Bama was getting stuffed in the first quarter but didn't abandon the run and boom they started busting them. We aren't Bama but we should've been like Bama to USA.

JoseBrown
09-04-2016, 05:04 PM
I agree with everything the OP and for that matter everyone here said. I just want to add I enjoyed watching the LB's and DL play, more specifically Leo Lewis and AJ Jefferson, so there's that!! Thank you 44 and 47!! 17 you Dan!!!

louisvilledawg
09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
what do y'all think about JT gray? I thought he was god awful. No ball skills and can't cover air

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 05:28 PM
I didn't enjoy watching two former walk on LB's get significant snaps when we are supposed to be loaded at that position.

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 05:54 PM
what do y'all think about JT gray? I thought he was god awful. No ball skills and can't cover air

I said in op I thought he didn't show up. And yes cover skills are nonexistent

Bdawg
09-04-2016, 05:57 PM
I didn't enjoy watching two former walk on LB's get significant snaps when we are supposed to be loaded at that position.

It's that great coaching we are all talking about. And some over confidence in that we were going to win the game