PDA

View Full Version : I think some good things will come out of this loss.

StoneDawg
09-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Mullen will have to change some of the dumbass things he does. He would have never done it if we were winning. This game will force him to change and for that I am grateful.

civildawg
09-04-2016, 11:56 AM
So you mean the other 5 games against cupcakes we almost lost didn't force him to change some things or the last two skull dragging a by ole miss? If he didn't change things then, well I got news for you he ain't. Look at les miles at LSU. Basically ended up saving his job by saying he would change things and he didn't based off what I saw yesterday

TrapGame
09-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Mullen will have to change some of the dumbass things he does. He would have never done it if we were winning. This game will force him to change and for that I am grateful.

Mullen ain't changing a damn thing. His arrogance will be his downfall.

Coursesuper
09-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Ah, Yeah, rrigghht.

Dawgfan77
09-04-2016, 12:05 PM

Dude this is year 8 he is not changing a DAMN thing. Geez some of you sunshine pumpers need to go back to Gene's or start a wait til next year board. If he loses the locker room shit will hit the fan

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
09-04-2016, 12:19 PM
This is shaping up to be Jackie part deux!!! He should be gaining momentum with all the success his teams have the last two years. This also being paired with the fiasco that's going on in Oxfart. But instead he is losing it badly. That loss in year 8 is totally unacceptable.. No shine to pump here 17 that!

Bothrops
09-04-2016, 12:33 PM
This is how any coach leaves MSU, downtrodden, humiliated, confused....finished.

This is one reason that some hoped he'd get hired away, including him. It's dark and the demons come now. The writing is on the wall.

Corn Bread
09-04-2016, 12:40 PM
This is how any coach leaves MSU, downtrodden, humiliated, confused....finished.

This is one reason that some hoped he'd get hired away, including him. It's dark and the demons come now. The writing is on the wall.

I ain't pulling for Mullen to fail this year, but I care more about the team players and there moral or lack of. I was ready to ditch Danno last December on his road trip to no where. You would think he would have learned he was not a valued commodity. But then i watched his presser after the game and the snarkey SOB side of him came out. He ain't learned nothing.

Tripp McNeely
09-04-2016, 12:41 PM
You guys have lost your minds! Of course he's gonna change! As stubborn as he is, he's not just gonna bend over and take it...will that translate to a bowl season...who knows, but think about times where we've been in this dire of straits under Mullen, in that handful of times, he's made changes in 100% of these instances! Going forward, in future seasons, will he make drastic changes that would take us from, for example, what would be 9 win team to an 11-12 win team...probably not, but I'd bet my mortgage you'll see significant changes next week...the question is, will that translate to wins

NCDawg
09-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Sounds like Croom in the loss to Maine- this will be good for us in the long run.

I seen it dawg
09-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah some good things came out of my ass this morning too.

Corn Bread
09-04-2016, 12:59 PM
I am glad I did not buy in to a $18,000 gazebo tent. I might jump off before seasons end.

shannondawg
09-04-2016, 01:02 PM
This is shaping up to be Jackie part deux!!! He should be gaining momentum with all the success his teams have the last two years. This also being paired with the fiasco that's going on in Oxfart. But instead he is losing it badly. That loss in year 8 is totally unacceptable.. No shine to pump here 17 that!

At least Jackie had the problem of being under investigation which severely limited his recruiting. Making a big mistake in his juice recruits attributed to it as well. Jackie spent very little time with the team, when he was having martial problems as well. He just showed up to get the game plan and get on the field for games. Thats the reason he started calling players by number, hell he didn't know their names.

Dan doesn't have any of these problems, and seems to be heading down the same path.

All Scott has to do is tell him this ain't gonna get it, but he won't!

Bothrops
09-04-2016, 01:08 PM
His fate is sealed with a loss next weekend.

dawg27
09-04-2016, 01:10 PM
nothing good comes from this this is worse than loosing to maine this is yr 8 this should be totally unacceptable to ever state fan, we lost to a sun belt team that is only in yr 8 of there football program. There is no excuse for this loss.Our o line is excatly where we left off last year no improvment, no run game, our receviers was hardly ever open, poor route running, our defense well we got beat by a 8 yr sunbelt team enough said.

GTHOM
09-04-2016, 01:13 PM
His fate is sealed with a loss next weekend.

Yep. This is the biggest game in Dan Mullen's career. The only good thing that will come out of this is Mullen hitting the road. He's not changing. He invented football

RiverCityDawg
09-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Mullen didn't take one ounce of blame in the post game. Blamed it on youth and guys not executing. Makes me think that we won't change anything. I would feel much better if he had said his game plan sucked and he didn't have his team ready to play. Instead I think we'll get the same thing as last week except some Malik Dear thrown in the mix.

I guess message boards and BSR perpetuated the thought that we would be more of a running team like in 2010, using running backs other than Holloway and Shump. It was clearly unfounded. Right now we are a short passing team with a 155lb running back and below average o line.

BossDawg
09-04-2016, 01:35 PM

I agree, some good things will come out of this loss, but unfortunately I don't think it will be enough. The problem here (well, a lot of it) is Mullen's attitude. As I stated elsewhere, I think he's got it on cruise control and is just going through the motions now. He's done all he can do and he knows this. He has no passion anymore and that attitude trickles down onto the rest of the team.

coastdoglover
09-04-2016, 01:50 PM
As long as he keeps Hevesey, we are doomed. I am convinced he won't do anything and our AD is scared to death of Mullen, so folks, forget change. It won't happen.

basedog
09-04-2016, 02:39 PM
At least Jackie had the problem of being under investigation which severely limited his recruiting. Making a big mistake in his juice recruits attributed to it as well. Jackie spent very little time with the team, when he was having martial problems as well. He just showed up to get the game plan and get on the field for games. Thats the reason he started calling players by number, hell he didn't know their names.

Dan doesn't have any of these problems, and seems to be heading down the same path.

All Scott has to do is tell him this ain't gonna get it, but he won't!

Never heard of Jackie having marital problems, I know losing his brother and mother devastated him.

maroonmania
09-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Mullen ain't changing a damn thing. His arrogance will be his downfall.

This^^. Mullen does what Mullen does. He's never been wrong before so why should a "fluke" loss have any impact on him?

BulldogBear
09-04-2016, 03:24 PM

This^^^^

Two years removed from spending almost half a season atop the polls and we're BLOWING a 17-0 lead to South Alabama? I don't think anybody was really expecting much more than a bowl in a rebuilding year, but this is shocking. TSUN is about to fall of the freaking map after this season and we're headed in the wrong direction. It's looking more like TSUN's downfall isn't going to help our recruiting....it's going to help Bama's and LSU's.

I ain't pulling for Mullen to fail this year, but I care more about the team players and there moral or lack of. I was ready to ditch Danno last December on his road trip to no where. You would think he would have learned he was not a valued commodity. But then i watched his presser after the game and the snarkey SOB side of him came out. He ain't learned nothing.

This was on my mind after the game yesterday as well. It seems like our team, from coach all the way down to waterboy, assumed it was over at half time and quit. But the Jags chose not to. I am concerned about it being a psychological issue going forward, especially if we lose to Boom. We could collapse a 2-10, TWO YEARS AFTER BEING IN A NY6 BOWL.

nothing good comes from this this is worse than loosing to maine this is yr 8 this should be totally unacceptable to ever state fan, we lost to a sun belt team that is only in yr 8 of there football program. There is no excuse for this loss.Our o line is excatly where we left off last year no improvment, no run game, our receviers was hardly ever open, poor route running, our defense well we got beat by a 8 yr sunbelt team enough said.

It felt like watching last year's offense without the benefit of having a Dak. Once, they stopped Williams we didn't seem to have much left. DW, good Bulldog though he is, shouldn't be our leading rusher. Where is the 17ing run game? The OLine and the Secondary seem to be full of holes. Business as usual.

You guys have lost your minds! Of course he's gonna change! As stubborn as he is, he's not just gonna bend over and take it...will that translate to a bowl season...who knows, but think about times where we've been in this dire of straits under Mullen, in that handful of times, he's made changes in 100% of these instances! Going forward, in future seasons, will he make drastic changes that would take us from, for example, what would be 9 win team to an 11-12 win team...probably not, but I'd bet my mortgage you'll see significant changes next week...the question is, will that translate to wins
You're right, and this is what I want to believe. But this feels like Louisiana Tech in 2008, even being up by double digits at the half. I wanted badly to believe LT was just good for a mid-major (now G5) but in my heart I knew that it just was it was and we were just going to be a 4-8 team that would come within a few breaks of making a bowl game, but wouldn't. I am trying to not to feel the same way. Watch Georgia Southern skull drag this So. Ala. team next week.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 03:28 PM
I saw Tech and 10. Yesterday I sat past the very end and felt the same feeling. I saw UMass/Samford and 10. I hope I am wrong.

BulldogBear
09-04-2016, 07:17 PM
I saw Tech and 10. Yesterday I sat past the very end and felt the same feeling. I saw UMass/Samford and 10. I hope I am wrong.

This is what I mean. This doesn't seem like a rebuilding year anymore. We are experiencing true regression as a program. We failed to capitalize on being a media darling for a while and having a great year in 2014. We haven't been the same since the Auburn game in 2014 really.

was21
09-04-2016, 07:25 PM
He must have had marital problems...he's been married about three times

TrapGame
09-04-2016, 07:29 PM
This is what I mean. This doesn't seem like a rebuilding year anymore. We are experiencing true regression as a program. We failed to capitalize on being a media darling for a while and having a great year in 2014. We haven't been the same since the Auburn game in 2014 really.

Oh my friend, I go back to LSU 2011 when Dan took off his headphones middle of the 4th and we were down 9 points. HE QUIT ON THE TEAM WITH OVER 6 MINUTES LEFT ON THE CLOCK. That's when I first questioned Dan Mullen's mental stamina to be a head coach in the SEC. There was no "relentless effort" that night outta Dan Mullen.