PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions about yesterday's game

djaymsu5
09-04-2016, 11:44 AM
1) Why did Jamal Peters not play hardly at all?

2) Why is Kivon Coman even on the roster?

3) Why did we never play any of our other RB's?

4) Why didn't we give Fitz more PT or Tiano any?

And I see we are continuing to play bend but don't break on D after our 3rd DC. I also see where our corners can't cover a damn thing. Same tune, different song. Nothing ever changes with Mullen and it never will. For those of you who think it will I don't know what else to tell you. We are 8 years in and it hasn't yet. After this year it's time. (same with LSU and Les)

JoseBrown
09-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Dan's answer to 1. "No reason"

Dan's answer to 4. "I was about to put Fitz back in the second half, but we were moving the ball and I didn't want to ruin our rhythm" -quote is very close, but may not be exact

Bothrops
09-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Maybe Dan likes to spite the fanbase. Maybe he hates us now. Certainly possible.

I don't know why he doesn't play the better talent, but it's not for any reason we've heard around here. The pass blocking excuse was exposed as a lie, on yesterday. But I already figured as much. I guess he just wants to see if he can pull off the win with what other coaches would consider, backups.

SallyStansbury
09-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Maybe Dan likes to spite the fanbase. Maybe he hates us now. Certainly possible.

I don't know why he doesn't play the better talent, but it's not for any reason we've heard around here. The pass blocking excuse was exposed as a lie, on yesterday. But I already figured as much. I guess he just wants to see if he can pull off the win with what other coaches would consider, backups.

Dan appears to have a personality tendency to not admit being wrong about anything.

He HATES to be wrong about anything. Won't own it after a game, like we saw yesterday.
Controlling People like this also hate to ask for anything, like, "Hey, could you help us with a recruit?" I bet he feels because that is out of his control and comfort zone it is beneath him. Rather than adapt and compete, he bitches
About ol? miss who dominate him at this game.

Won't sub better players Dak/Russell, Perkins/JRob, Williams/anyone, Holloway/WilliamsorLee? He is freakishly hard headed. Convinced himself that his superior strategy of read option requires Holloway up the gut repeatedly to "establish the threat of the run" but these are meaningless words. The opposition now has 7-8 yrs of game film on his stubborn ass doing the same tired shit. He is predictably stubborn and patterned. And lots of teams have now effectively shut down his version of the read option. Ol? miss sure has, and apparently they shared that formula with the D coordinator of USA. Shout out on Twitter.

Also, folks fussing about the "Relf" offense forget that we had some very talented linemen, Sherrod, Jackson, Saulsberry who could pull and maul people, and we ran much more misdirection.....and we had Hud as O coordinator to offer a dissenting voice and provide some alternative to our current hive-think mentality.

Not looking good at all.

He won't change anything. While I respect what he has done for our program, if we end up with only 3-4 wins it could result in his termination. His word this year (not ~strain~) is ~experience~. It is an excuse for being shitty. I noticed Sirmon repeated this word over and over in his most recent interview about a week ago. Experience.....why do the more talented, younger players not have any? Stubborn, hard-headedness, hive-minded group-think that is why.

Pollodawg
09-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Yesterday felt just like the La Tech game did in 2008. We were in control of that game for a long time too. I haven't felt that way in a while, and it sucks.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Yesterday felt just like the La Tech game did in 2008. We were in control of that game for a long time too. I haven't felt that way in a while, and it sucks.

Same feeling I had as well. Felt just like la tech in 2008 and we know how that ended.