PDA

View Full Version : College football is about one thing if we're honest

cheewgumm
09-04-2016, 11:06 AM
How well do you cheat?

Ole Miss knows it. They just stink at it.

No recruiting = No winning.

dawg27
09-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Yep no good recruiting= no winning we saw that yesterday when a sunbelt team, and lets not forget they only had a football team since 2009, came to our house and won!

Dallas_Dawg
09-04-2016, 11:18 AM
The crootin could improve on the OL and CBs the last few years, but I honestly think it's roster mismanagement at the RB position.
Aeris only had 2 carries yesterday and looked good on those 2. That one where he faked out the defense and didn't even have the ball was beautiful.
Aeris and Nick weren't on the field one time together yesterday.
I know I'm not at practice every day but give me a GD break

Op4isabitch
09-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Here's the thing though, at some point you have to blame coaching. There's no way in hell you can tell me that across the board South Alabama has the talent we do, we were just plain out coached yesterday.

Mullen has gone full retard on everything from play calling to game day attire. He's either unable, unwilling or uninterested in doing his job any longer. There comes a time when you have to cut bait, I think the end of this season is the time.

MetEdDawg
09-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Here's the thing though, at some point you have to blame coaching. There's no way in hell you can tell me that across the board South Alabama has the talent we do, we were just plain out coached yesterday.

Mullen has gone full retard on everything from play calling to game day attire. He's either unable, unwilling or uninterested in doing his job any longer. There comes a time when you have to cut bait, I think the end of this season is the time.

I agree. Someone didn't tell Tom Herman it was all about recruiting and cheating. He just whipped Oklahoma's ass without any of that.

In the end recruiting is a huge component. But if you have an incompetent coach you will play erratically and emotionally. Lots of ups and downs. Bama very rarely plays poorly under Saban. Highly disciplined and they get their asses chewed if they don't follow the process. Look at Malzahn. That guy is a shitty head coach and has top tier talent to boot. But that team plays so up and down because of that.

We can make fun of Freeze but he gets the talent and plays to his team's strengths. He's smart in game and runs circles around Mullen in game because Mullen isn't a good in game coach. If someone told Mullen that us throwing 80 screen passes in a game would guarantee us a win, I don't think he would do it. Conversely if someone told him one Holloway up the middle would guarantee us a loss I'm pretty sure he would still run it.

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 11:30 AM
If we're honest we need to recruit better and we can and we need a better coach. We don't have to go to Ole Miss levels of cheating to recruit like we need to either.

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 11:31 AM
I agree. Someone didn't tell Tom Herman it was all about recruiting and cheating. He just whipped Oklahoma's ass without any of that.

In the end recruiting is a huge component. But if you have an incompetent coach you will play erratically and emotionally. Lots of ups and downs. Bama very rarely plays poorly under Saban. Highly disciplined and they get their asses chewed if they don't follow the process. Look at Malzahn. That guy is a shitty head coach and has top tier talent to boot. But that team plays so up and down because of that.

We can make fun of Freeze but he gets the talent and plays to his team's strengths. He's smart in game and runs circles around Mullen in game because Mullen isn't a good in game coach. If someone told Mullen that us throwing 80 screen passes in a game would guarantee us a win, I don't think he would do it. Conversely if someone told him one Holloway up the middle would guarantee us a loss I'm pretty sure he would still run it.

Spot on.

ILOATHEBears
09-04-2016, 12:48 PM
The crootin could improve on the OL and CBs the last few years, but I honestly think it's roster mismanagement at the RB position.
Aeris only had 2 carries yesterday and looked good on those 2. That one where he faked out the defense and didn't even have the ball was beautiful.
Aeris and Nick weren't on the field one time together yesterday.
I know I'm not at practice every day but give me a GD break

THIS!! This is half the problem. We have playmakers and it seems Mullen doesn't gameplay specifically to get them touches. Other than the sweep with Ross I can't recall a truly deliberate play. What happened to the big 6'6 TE? Why didn't we plug him in, more mixon plays, aeries touches twice for 7 yds apiece and he gets benched. I guess Mullen thinks he ran the ball to far and took him the rest of the game to teach him a lesson not to gain over 2 yds a carry

dawg27
09-04-2016, 12:59 PM
This is a bad bad loss we are in ******* 8th year and this is what he put on the field, again they have only been playing football for 8 yrs. They have played 5 sec teams in there 8 yrs and we the one sec team they beat.

DogsofAnarchy
09-04-2016, 01:05 PM
What a crock of shit!! It's not recruiting. We have players. It's is Dan's refusal to put the talent on the field and it is Dan's refusal to admit that he has changed the identity of MSU from a power running team to a finesse team. Finesse requires QB play to be at a premium and Power running requires a RB that can play. We have four 4-star running backs sitting on the bench. So Dan.....is being Dan.

Tbonewannabe
09-04-2016, 01:13 PM
THIS!! This is half the problem. We have playmakers and it seems Mullen doesn't gameplay specifically to get them touches. Other than the sweep with Ross I can't recall a truly deliberate play. What happened to the big 6'6 TE? Why didn't we plug him in, more mixon plays, aeries touches twice for 7 yds apiece and he gets benched. I guess Mullen thinks he ran the ball to far and took him the rest of the game to teach him a lesson not to gain over 2 yds a carry

The TE probably has to redshirt like most new players.