PDA

View Full Version : Have we ever had a coach lose to Ole Miss 3 times

gtowndawg
09-04-2016, 10:45 AM
In a row and been retained? I'm honestly not sure. I'm just wondering if all the other stuff...not caring, shopping himself for jobs, losing to S. Alabama, etc. is just static in the grand scheme of things. Throw away the good stuff and the bad stuff, do we keep a coach that loses three in a row, quite badly I might add, and retain him? In my mind, that's what keeping him or firing him, THIS season, comes down to.

cheewgumm
09-04-2016, 10:47 AM
If we lose to SC I'd be tempted to cut bait.

msbulldog
09-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Time for a game plan. If we lose to USCe, fire him Monday. Name Sirmon interim HC, name Baker DC and name Brian Johnson OC.
I hate firing coaches. The realization that if this season plays out like I think it will after we lose the first 2 to cupcakes has swayed me. Surely if we have a S**T season like this one is shaping up as, CDM will not get an extension, and we don't need to be sitting there with a lame duck coach. If we move quick enough we may be able keep the commitments that we have with the existing personnel still in place. If we move quick enough, maybe a fire can be lit under this years team. Maybe we will turn the defense loose to play aggressive defense, instead of bend don't break. Maybe we can start playing the best players instead of the oldest.
Much as I hate it, it's time now before we lose to much recruiting wise. There is the real possibility that we lose K Thompson, because from what he has said sounds like he is sold on CDM's QB development talent. Maybe we can convince him Brian Johnson can do the same thing.
Let's be pro-active and not be reactive. Act before things get really bad! If you have a problem, get rid of it.

bluelightstar
09-04-2016, 10:52 AM
If he wins 6 games otherwise, he'll be back. But if we miss a bowl and lose by 20+ to Ole Miss, I would be surprised to see him on the sidelines.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-04-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm calling it now..we will win the Egg Bowl this year..Nobody ever imagined we would have won in 2009 either. I still think we finish 6-6.

TrapGame
09-04-2016, 12:53 PM

If Boom comes in with his inept offense and mediocre defense lays the wood and beats us in humiliating fashion Dan should be locked out of the football complex come Sunday morning. Think about this: Boom has more talent than USA.

Corn Bread
09-04-2016, 12:56 PM
TSUN will beat us worse than the Kamdeeechees beat up a frat boy.

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2016, 12:57 PM
If Boom comes in with his inept offense and mediocre defense lays the wood and beats us in humiliating fashion Dan should be locked out of the football complex come Sunday morning. Think about this: Boom has more talent than USA.

Most high schools have more talent in the secondary.

HSVDawg
09-04-2016, 01:22 PM

Agreed. He's basically coaching for his job this Saturday. A loss to USC and we have no chance for even 4 or 5 wins, let alone 6 to get bowl eligible. However, if he is able to rally the team for a win after that shit show he will restore some hope for a bowl game although we'll still have a very long way to go.

GTHOM
09-04-2016, 01:24 PM
In a row and been retained? I'm honestly not sure. I'm just wondering if all the other stuff...not caring, shopping himself for jobs, losing to S. Alabama, etc. is just static in the grand scheme of things. Throw away the good stuff and the bad stuff, do we keep a coach that loses three in a row, quite badly I might add, and retain him? In my mind, that's what keeping him or firing him, THIS season, comes down to.

Anybody that loses 3 in a row to OM is subject to be fired in my opinion.

gtowndawg
09-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Anybody that loses 3 in a row to OM is subject to be fired in my opinion.

I guess that is my point. If we lose Saturdsy he's not getting fired. Forget it, it's not happening. But win 2 or 3 and lose your third straight against Ole Miss and the football world understands there was very much a reason for parting ways. As someone else confirmed, no coach on either side has lost 3 in a row and survived. It sucks we have to wait all season, but our future will be determined in that game. I think it's that simple.