PDA

View Full Version : Want to throw up in your mouth this morning?

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Just remember we are trying to turn around this dumpster fire with a head coach that doesn't want to be here & doesn't think he can win in the SEC.....

Just remember that.

What comes around in life goes around. Mullen built up a ton of good will at MSU up until the last two off-seasons. Then he shat where he eats.

It's correct that he did have leverage in both those instances, but now we've got the leverage & we are dealing with a head coach that treated this fan base like an ant bed.

Have wonderful day!

BTW, the SEC West sucks outside Bama.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Unfortunately, the jury is still out on om and auburn. Auburn played a dang good team yesterday

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately, the jury is still out on om and auburn. Auburn played a dang good team yesterday

Meh, they played inspired & I thought Clemson had a little bit of the "Super Bow hangover" that is so prevalent in the NFL.

Auburn has some talent on defense, but offensively they are lost

Op4isabitch
09-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Yeah I think Auburn is going to be the second best team in conference. Their defense is nasty.

It looks like the top 5 and then a pretty large drop to Arkansas and then us. (So long as mississippi is what they are hyped to be).

TrapGame
09-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Just remember we are trying to turn around this dumpster fire with a head coach that doesn't want to be here & doesn't think he can win in the SEC.....

Just remember that.

What comes around in life goes around. Mullen built up a ton of good will at MSU up until the last two off-seasons. Then he shat where he eats.

It's correct that he did have leverage in both those instances, but now we've got the leverage & we are dealing with a head coach that treated this fan base like an ant bed.

Have wonderful day!

BTW, the SEC West sucks outside Bama.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/2b6cc15ef613b08b23dd39c03b11c4f58565d12a/c=1-0-445-334&r=x203&c=200x200/local/-/media/JacksonMS/OleMissSports/2014/09/10/1410359503000-HoustonNutt1.jpg

This is who Dan Mullen is turning into.

gtowndawg
09-04-2016, 08:38 AM
I want Dan gone. The reasons have been covered by others but he is no longer an asset. He has his money so go run marathons or whatever it is you want to do now. But we have to have someone with an edge to be successful and his edge has been gone for a while now. Anyone that denies that is just a fool at this point.

DownwardDawg
09-04-2016, 08:43 AM
And in pure MSU fashion, we will not be able to take advantage of the NCAA sanctions on ol? miss. Just watch. We'll be stuck with Mullen or trying out new coaches during their probation period.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2016, 08:57 AM
I want Dan gone. The reasons have been covered by others but he is no longer an asset. He has his money so go run marathons or whatever it is you want to do now. But we have to have someone with an edge to be successful and his edge has been gone for a while now. Anyone that denies that is just a fool at this point.

You nailed, but my hope, is that Mullen will get with the 17ing program and re-engage.

Can you imagine a Nick Saban wearing shorts on the sidelines?

Can you imagine Freezus losing to Memphis last year and saying, "50% of the teams will lose this weekend?"

Part of being a head coach is understanding and having feel for what is acceptable and what's unacceptable.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2016, 09:02 AM
I can't understand for the life of me why we didn't come out yesterday and establish the run at all cost. I mean, after last season, I can't understand how our coaching staff couldn't figure out that establishing our ability to run the ball in the first game was absolutely critical.

Even if you have a couple three and outs to begin with, establish it. Keep pounding.

OSCAR
09-04-2016, 09:03 AM
I tend to agree with everything you have said. I'm typically a painfully positive person but this has done me in.

Churchill
09-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Because Mullen was more intent on establishing to everyone who was going to play (Shumpert and Holloway) than he was finding the right backs and running the ball. I`m afraid he`s going to shove his egotistical shit down our throats this whole season.

msbulldog
09-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Time for a game plan. If we lose to USCe, fire him Monday. Name Sirmon interim HC, name Baker DC and name our Brian Johnson OC.
I hate firing coaches. The realization that if this season plays out like I think it will after we lose the first 2 to cupcakes has swayed me. Surely if we have a S**T season like this one is shaping up as, CDM will not get an extension, and we don't need to be sitting there with a lame duck coach. If we move quick enough we may be able keep the commitments that we have with the existing personnel still in place. If we move quick enough, maybe a fire can be lit under this years team. Maybe we will turn the defense loose to play aggressive defense, instead of bend don't break. Maybe we can start playing the best players instead of the oldest.
Much as I hate it, it's time now before we lose to much recruiting wise. There is the real possibility that we lose K Thompson, because from what he has said sounds like he is sold on CDM's QB development talent. Maybe we can convince him Brian Johnson can do the same thing.

Oleo
09-04-2016, 09:24 AM
The real disaster is that this loss was 100% avoidable. This should never happen.
We were very poorly prepared and it showed.