PDA

View Full Version : Not sure which makes me more upset

mstatefan91
09-03-2016, 11:16 PM
The piss poor performance that our team put on out there today or the piss poor turnout from "fans" who are now bitching about the outcome but couldn't be bothered to show up or stay because of the heat.

msstate7
09-03-2016, 11:19 PM
I gave effort...I'm burned badly. Enduring that crap show and being cooked alive in the process seems cruel and unusual

mstatefan91
09-03-2016, 11:21 PM
I gave effort...I'm burned badly. Enduring that crap show and being cooked alive in the process seems cruel and unusual

Yeah.. that might top it all actually. I burned for 3 and a half hours while our team and coach were busy going through the motions (secondary wasn't even doing that much).

RougeDawg
09-03-2016, 11:54 PM

Me too. Drove up and back from New Orleans today. Stayed until the stadium was almost cleared out after game. Tired as shit and a little red. Was having "croombacks" of the Maine. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Still in shock.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2016, 12:03 AM
It certainly didn't help that over half the crowd that was there left at the half. The USA fans didn't.

GTHOM
09-04-2016, 12:05 AM
The piss poor performance that our team put on out there today or the piss poor turnout from "fans" who are now bitching about the outcome but couldn't be bothered to show up or stay because of the heat.

Fans have showed up for Dan for 8 years and sold it out consistently, made Davis Wade an incredible atmosphere, only to watch his intensity and desire go to shit along with his coaching. Its not the fans fault he makes the same mistakes over and over and doesnt care. Its not the fans fault we haven't been the same team since the auburn win in 2014. And even before that. Beating Ole Miss in OT saved him in 2013, 2012 was a joke and was a definite warning sign but the poor ol MSU people won out by saying ''we won 8 games'' when we never came close to beating a team with a pulse. And look at any other team who played a non P5 team at 11 AM on Sept. 3 on a hotass day and it wouldnt be packed either.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 01:10 AM
My 15 year old son and I stayed even after the boink FG attempt. It wasn't just people leaving at the half. Our parking lot was 70% empty when we arrived at 9 am and the whole campus seemed dead. Our finish the last two years and our HC's lack of fire has left a bad taste with many of our fans.

Indndawg
09-04-2016, 06:57 AM
My 15 year old son and I stayed even after the boink FG attempt. It wasn't just people leaving at the half. Our parking lot was 70% empty when we arrived at 9 am and the whole campus seemed dead. Our finish the last two years and our HC's lack of fire has left a bad taste with many of our fans.

w/the humpy. $4mil, lack of recruiting, lack of fire, those cringe-worthy pressers first week, shorts. MSU fans just not feeling it.

Dawgface
09-04-2016, 07:03 AM
And with a 11 a.m. game in the Summer heat, I'm not surprised how the stadium looked in the 2nd half. But I think the fans put forth at least as much effort as the football staff.

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2016, 07:11 AM
I drove in a damn hurricane to get my kid and to where I needed to be Thursday, then drove 10 hours Friday and will drive 10 today. It was her first game at DWS. I said "welcome to real MSU football kid. If we keep Dan, this is what the next 4 years will be like for you."

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Don't forget whoring himself to every open job in college football. Last year's coaching carousel was it for me. Wish like hell Maryland or Miami had hired him.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-04-2016, 01:45 PM
I don't care if zero fans showed up, the game is played on the field not in the stands. No excuse for this loss.

dawg27
09-04-2016, 02:24 PM

I was there all game and ya i am embarrassed by what we put on the field.

RocketDawg
09-04-2016, 02:43 PM
The attendance wasn't bad ... over 57,000 -- 5,000 short of a full house. True, many didn't stay for the second half, but most of the stadium was in the direct sun on a 90+ degree day and getting hotter in the afternoon. And we were playing the University of South Alabama, not the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa.

archdog
09-04-2016, 02:50 PM
11 o'clock game in the heat was and always is a stupid ass idea. The SEC should not play a game at that time period. That is why we have Fn lights.

msstate7
09-04-2016, 02:52 PM
The attendance wasn't bad ... over 57,000 -- 5,000 short of a full house. True, many didn't stay for the second half, but most of the stadium was in the direct sun on a 90+ degree day and getting hotter in the afternoon. And we were playing the University of South Alabama, not the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa.

No way it was 57,000 there. There were empty sections, not seats

OurState
09-04-2016, 02:56 PM
11 o'clock game in the heat was and always is a stupid ass idea. The SEC should not play a game at that time period. That is why we have Fn lights.

First, if we schedule U of South Ala we get a shit TV spot. That is how TV works.

Second, we shouldnt need the full extent of home field advantage to beat U of South Ala.

RocketDawg
09-04-2016, 03:25 PM
No way it was 57,000 there. There were empty sections, not seats

I dunno ... looked pretty full to me except for the upper decks ... kinda sparse around the edges. Regardless, that's what Jim Ellis said when I was listening after I left. I think lots of people in the club levels just stayed inside.

Goldendawg
09-04-2016, 03:36 PM
You mean We scheduled USA? I thought it was one of those special season opening games like AU/Clemson, Ga/NC, aTm/UCLA, Wisconsin/LSU, and Bama/USC. Sorry, just kidding and trying to laugh instead of crying. I know they were supposed to be one of our four OOC cupcakes who along with a couple of weak East teams, and West teams we are supposed to beat get us to Mullen victories b4 we don't show up against the "Big Boys" again at the end of the season.

fader2103
09-04-2016, 04:05 PM
I can't stand fans who call out fans when they don't know if they were there or not. I was there from beginning to end. I'm sorry but I don't care if we played infront of 2 fans. We should have won that game.

maroonmania
09-04-2016, 04:20 PM
w/the humpy. $4mil, lack of recruiting, lack of fire, those cringe-worthy pressers first week, shorts. MSU fans just not feeling it.

There will ALWAYS be problems at MSU with 11:00 games in the scorching heat against a Sun Belt team. MSU fans probably drive a longer distance on average to get to the games than any other SEC fan base. That being said, not feeling like the HC is fully committed to the program does have some trickle down effect to the fans I would think.