PDA

View Full Version : Y'all are some depressing SOBs

mparkerfd20
09-03-2016, 10:58 PM
That is all.

HancockCountyDog
09-03-2016, 11:01 PM
That is all.

If you aren't depressed today, you probably were like half of our fanbase and didn't go to the game.

Leroy Jenkins
09-03-2016, 11:01 PM
I think it's generational. People my age HATE to lose. Melinneials (generally) don't seem to care as much because hey, everybody gets a trophy.

TrapGame
09-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Depressed? Na, I'm saving the real depression for when the mental midget with his special ed offense lays 30ish on us next Saturday and we can't score on his defense. THAT"S when I'll get really depressed!

DudyDawg
09-03-2016, 11:03 PM
I think it's generational. People my age HATE to lose. Melinneials don't seem to care as much because hey, everybody gets a trophy.

Yeah man, no student at state even knows we played today. Idiot

Goldendawg
09-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Ok, after 52 years of going and I was there today I will say it.. Hey, it wasn't a conference game, we can still win the SEC! Heck, yeah, I sat past the end and see little hope tonight, but as Scarlet O'Hara says tomorrow is another day.

Leroy Jenkins
09-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Yeah man, no student at state even knows we played today. Idiot

Oh I'm sure they know we played. Most just don't care we got embarrassed. Don't you have a "safe space" to go to?

DudyDawg
09-03-2016, 11:09 PM
Oh I'm sure they know we played. Most just don't care we got embarrassed. Don't you have a "safe space" to go to?

I think that's a mizzou thing

Statecoachingblows**
09-03-2016, 11:13 PM
This thread turned out much better than I thought it would. Y'all never cease to amaze and for that I am thankful

EngDawg
09-03-2016, 11:15 PM

All they care about is getting wasted because yeah. Plus most of the student body probably thinks we won since they left at the half. Those of us who were there at the end were the diehards.

mparkerfd20
09-03-2016, 11:16 PM
I didn't say I wasn't depressed. Y'all just make it that much worse. That's why I waited to even come here for several hours.

Misery loves company.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-03-2016, 11:20 PM
I think it's generational. People my age HATE to lose. Melinneials (generally) don't seem to care as much because hey, everybody gets a trophy.

I'm pretty sure the people from your generation are telling us we should be happy with where we are as a program because we are historically much worse.

Todd4State
09-03-2016, 11:22 PM
I got over my "depression" in December. I didn't even really pay that much attention to the Belk Bowl but after that win I thought that we might turn it around. Then our recruiting class sucked. Today I was just kind of in curious wait and see mode and ready for whatever happened.

Todd4State
09-03-2016, 11:25 PM
I'm pretty sure the people from your generation are telling us we should be happy with where we are as a program because we are historically much worse.

You have one more win than Dan has this season. Well done sir.

SleepyRobinson
09-03-2016, 11:27 PM
After watching the rest of the league today we've still got s good chance at 8-9 wins. CDM will get this corrected. Run defense is fine. Gotta shore up the secondary. We will be fine. Once those Bears get exposed Monday we will all feel better.

Leroy Jenkins
09-03-2016, 11:31 PM

And you would be wrong AF. We are way behind where we should be in year 8, two years removed from a #1 ranking.

We are where AU was after the Chiz natty. They cleaned house, Stricklin will tuck his nuts.

Bully13
09-03-2016, 11:31 PM
After watching the rest of the league today we've still got s good chance at 8-9 wins. CDM will get this corrected. Run defense is fine. Gotta shore up the secondary. We will be fine. Once those Bears get exposed Monday we will all feel better.

Enforcer needed

Goldendawg
09-03-2016, 11:33 PM
Sleepy, I admire your confidence. Shore up the secondary with who? How about the OL? Our cupboard looks pretty bare.

SleepyRobinson
09-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Sleepy, I admire your confidence. Shore up the secondary with who? How about the OL? Our cupboard looks pretty bare.

True. We are thin there But Dan will get some of these younger guys better and they will start to contribute. Leo Lewis looked great today. He's a star in the making. Obviously you hate to lose an opener especially to south Alabama but we knew this would be a different sort of year. Just trying to stay positive.

Leroy Jenkins
09-03-2016, 11:54 PM
True. We are thin there But Dan will get some of these younger guys better and they will start to contribute. Leo Lewis looked great today. He's a star in the making. Obviously you hate to lose an opener especially to south Alabama but we knew this would be a different sort of year. Just trying to stay positive.

If he has the ability to get the guys ready to play why didn't he do it over the last 4 months?

Goldendawg
09-03-2016, 11:56 PM
Yeah, but a lot of the time Leo was not on the field, two former walk-ons were. We should never lose to a team like USA.

SleepyRobinson
09-04-2016, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=Leroy Jenkins;602776]If he has the ability to get the guys ready to play why didn't he do it over the last 4 months?[/QUOTE

Big difference between spring training and the actual season. It's difficult to prepare kids for the real thing now that these young guys have actually seen DWS packed out with maroon and white they'll know what to expect. This isn't high school anymore. this will pay dividends come November for Dan and the players.

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2016, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=Leroy Jenkins;602776]If he has the ability to get the guys ready to play why didn't he do it over the last 4 months?[/QUOTE

Big difference between spring training and the actual season. It's difficult to prepare kids for the real thing now that these young guys have actually seen DWS packed out with maroon and white they'll know what to expect. This isn't high school anymore. this will pay dividends come November for Dan and the players.

Oh, Ok. Wait, USA played in the same stadium our kids played in.

SleepyRobinson
09-04-2016, 12:09 AM
Yeah, but a lot of the time Leo was not on the field, two former walk-ons were. We should never lose to a team like USA.

He had 9 or 10 tackles didn't he. Several for a loss. I'm not trying to make excuses for the loss but there's a lot of games to be played. When tou have a great qb like Dak for so long this is one of the pitfalls you face offensively not being able to develop the future.

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 12:13 AM
If he has the ability to get the guys ready to play why didn't he do it over the last 4 months?

Or in the case of some players- four years.

SleepyRobinson
09-04-2016, 12:16 AM
So what do you guys propose? Fire CDM? Who would you hire?

DudyDawg
09-04-2016, 12:26 AM
And you would be wrong AF. We are way behind where we should be in year 8, two years removed from a #1 ranking.

We are where AU was after the Chiz natty. They cleaned house, Stricklin will tuck his nuts.

Won't argue that

Todd4State
09-04-2016, 01:08 AM
So what do you guys propose? Fire CDM? Who would you hire?

Here we go again with the homer poster expecting to bait people into naming candidates like Tony Dungy, Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, and Jon Gruden.

I'd go after Tom Herman, PJ Fleck, Montgomery at Tulsa, Scott Satterfield at Appalachain State, and Blake Anderson at Arkansas State. Hud is the parachute if those guys all don't work out.

JScottDova
09-04-2016, 06:37 AM
He had 9 or 10 tackles didn't he. Several for a loss. I'm not trying to make excuses for the loss but there's a lot of games to be played. When tou have a great qb like Dak for so long this is one of the pitfalls you face offensively not being able to develop the future.

Don't you see that having a linebacker get 9 or 10 tackles against SOUTH ALABAMA is a bad thing? In this game, he shouldn't have had any because the DL should have had every 17ing one of them. And before anyone starts, no, I didn't go to the game. I'm not making a 6 hour drive for a shit show. Hell, when that FG doinked my wife picked up the phone and made a hair appointment for next Saturday, cause she ain't making the drive next week.

Dawgface
09-04-2016, 06:51 AM
All they care about is getting wasted because yeah. Plus most of the student body probably thinks we won since they left at the half. Those of us who were there at the end were the diehards.

Don't be too harsh on them. They probably had a test to go study for.

msbulldog
09-04-2016, 06:52 AM

Damn right, Mississippi losing always makes me feel better.

Dawgface
09-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Here we go again with the homer poster expecting to bait people into naming candidates like Tony Dungy, Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, and Jon Gruden.

I'd go after Tom Herman, PJ Fleck, Montgomery at Tulsa, Scott Satterfield at Appalachain State, and Blake Anderson at Arkansas State. Hud is the parachute if those guys all don't work out.

I wouldn't waste a call to Herman. He will be too hot of a commodity to come here. The others probably would.