PDA

View Full Version : The SaBear ain't scared....

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2016, 09:51 PM
to start a freshman QB or anywhere else for that matter. Why is Mullen? If a younger guy is better play him. Let him take his lumps, because what you'll get in return is worth it.

There is no reason we should be seeing Holloway as our feature back when we can choose from Aeris, D-Lee, Gibson, or Murphy. And based on what I've seen, it should be Gibson or Murphy, then D-Lee. Use Holloway as the 3rd down/change of pace guy to the bruisers. Give him some WR snaps and hand it to him on a jet sweep. That's his sweet spot, not carrying it 15 times a game and 10-12 of those up the gut.

There is no reason not to play Mark McLaurin & Jamal Peters ahead of Coman. There is no reason Michael Storey and/or Elgton Jenkins shouldn't be ahead of Desper.

And lastly, there is no reason Tiano & Fitz shouldn't both be ahead of D-Will. I love D-Will, but he's a really good backup with limited talent. I respect the hell out of him for fighting for his spot here instead of transferring, even though that would be best for him.

We've beaten the dead horse's dead horse into the ground, but Mullen's loyalty to his "experienced" players and personnel management sucks donkey balls. Then he tries to sell us on being "young" every year. It's time to stop letting him have it both ways. Either he can play the older guys and stop blaming "youth" or we call his shit and demand he actually have a true youth movement. I'm for the latter.

preachermatt83
09-03-2016, 09:54 PM
to start a freshman QB or anywhere else for that matter. Why is Mullen? If a younger guy is better play him. Let him take his lumps, because what you'll get in return is worth it.

There is no reason we should be seeing Holloway as our feature back when we can choose from Aeris, D-Lee, Gibson, or Murphy. And based on what I've seen, it should be Gibson or Murphy, then D-Lee. Use Holloway as the 3rd down/change of pace guy to the bruisers. Give him some WR snaps and hand it to him on a jet sweep. That's his sweet spot, not carrying it 15 times a game and 10-12 of those up the gut.

There is no reason not to play Mark McLaurin & Jamal Peters ahead of Coman. There is no reason Michael Storey and/or Elgton Jenkins shouldn't be ahead of Desper.

And lastly, there is no reason Tiano & Fitz shouldn't both be ahead of D-Will. I love D-Will, but he's a really good backup with limited talent. I respect the hell out of him for fighting for his spot here instead of transferring, even though that would be best for him.

We've beaten the dead horse's dead horse into the ground, but Mullen's loyalty to his "experienced" players and personnel management sucks donkey balls. Then he tries to sell us on being "young" every year. It's time to stop letting him have it both ways. Either he can play the older guys and stop blaming "youth" or we call his shit and demand he actually have a true youth movement. I'm for the latter.

Outstanding post! Nailed it!

lamont
09-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Who says our younger guys are better?

Our recruiting is lacking in a lot of areas. We started the younger CB's today because the older ones were hurt. And they sucked. We started the younger QB and he looked like crap. Our problem is lack of SEC West talent

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2016, 10:05 PM

Yeah, but all this requires preparing for the future. If your goal is to just win enough games this year to get another job, then you don't plan for the future

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Who says our younger guys are better?

Our recruiting is lacking in a lot of areas. We started the younger CB's today because the older ones were hurt. And they sucked. We started the younger QB and he looked like crap. Our problem is lack of SEC West talent

So, what's the solution to our problem?

Perhaps we will suck this year, but what is the solution to this never ending problem? If you were Stricklin with the ability to shape the future of the program, what would you do?

lamont
09-03-2016, 10:23 PM
The solution is to recruit better players. If Mullen can't do it- next man up

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2016, 10:28 PM
The solution is to recruit better players. If Mullen can't do it- next man up

Nice dodge.
http://i.imgur.com/2yUHFiD.gif

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 10:32 PM
So, what's the solution to our problem?

Perhaps we will suck this year, but what is the solution to this never ending problem? If you were Stricklin with the ability to shape the future of the program, what would you do?

You have to have consistency, both in winning and in coaching. It ain't easy or else everybody would be doing it. I misspoke in another thread. I actually remember two programs that did it in my lifetime, Miami and FSU. Miami evidently cheated their asses off. FSU kept the same guy for a LONG time. It took him a while if I'm remembering it correctly.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 10:32 PM
You have to have consistency, both in winning and in coaching. It ain't easy or else everybody would be doing it. I misspoke in another thread. I actually remember two programs that did it in my lifetime, Miami and FSU. Miami evidently cheated their asses off. FSU kept the same guy for a LONG time. It took him a while if I'm remembering it correctly.

Those are both in Florida too. That isn't chance.