PDA

View Full Version : If Tiano is the future and the real deal.......

Prentis
09-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Why don't Mullen put him in like Saban done with Hurts? If I'm going to lose I'm losing with my best.

msstate7
09-03-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm all for going to tiano, but Saban could use me at qb and win the sec with that defense

HoopsDawg
09-03-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm all for going to tiano, but Saban could use me at qb and win the sec with that defense

Still though, it takes balls to put a true freshman out there at Bama. No way Mullen makes that move. That's why Saban is Saban and Mullen is Mullen. Hell, Mullen didn't start Dak until he was a redshirt junior.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Other than the Dak 2 year anomaly...............as far back as I can remember the best QB at MSU has always been a back up.

confucius say
09-03-2016, 09:47 PM
I would like to see tiano at least get a shot. Fitz too. Huge mistake not getting him a series or two in second or third quarter today.

msstate7
Still though, it takes balls to put a true freshman out there at Bama. No way Mullen makes that move. That's why Saban is Saban and Mullen is Mullen. Hell, Mullen didn't start Dak until he was a redshirt junior.

Well having a semi-pro defense makes that an easier decision. If tiano is the best, use him... I'm all for it

Skydawg1
Still though, it takes balls to put a true freshman out there at Bama. No way Mullen makes that move. That's why Saban is Saban and Mullen is Mullen. Hell, Mullen didn't start Dak until he was a redshirt junior.Saban is Saban because he stockpiles on Defense. The QB position at Bama makes very little difference.

msstate7
09-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Other than the Dak 2 year anomaly...............as far back as I can remember the best QB at MSU has always been a back up.

Mullen thought so too today

HoopsDawg
09-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Saban is Saban because he stockpiles on Defense. The QB position at Bama makes very little difference.

No shit. I'm still impressed that an old school coach would bring in a true frosh in the first game of the year.

MetEdDawg

One thing we can all agree on is Dan has no balls. He doesn't have the nuts to start a freshman over a junior unless absolutely necessary. Doesn't have the nuts to bring in a new OL coach or find a way to bring in better coordinators or win recruiting battles. It takes big hairy peaches to be consistently successful in the SEC. Mullen has raisins.

HoopsDawg

Actually, I don't think anyone thought that today except for Mullen.

lamont
09-03-2016, 10:04 PM
The real deal is signing in December and will enroll for January. We don't have a "real deal" on campus right now

HoopsDawg
09-03-2016, 10:07 PM
The real deal is signing in December and will enroll for January. We don't have a "real deal" on campus right now

True, but it will be 2018 before he sees the field. Long 2 years ahead.

confucius say
09-03-2016, 10:08 PM

I had just typed the same thing

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Actually, I don't think anyone thought that today except for Mullen.

REALLY? Dak and maybe Rocky Felker and Don Smith were the only ones I remember that weren't.

confucius say
09-03-2016, 10:15 PM
REALLY? Dak and maybe Rocky Felker and Don Smith were the only ones I remember that weren't.

I think he just meant that today our collective fan base agreed that Damian was not the answer

Goldendawg
09-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Guys, we know we flipped Williams very late from Southern Miss. Read page 4 in today's program about our QB's and who they had offers from, but I don't think the second coming of Joe Namath and Bo Jackson would look very good behind our OL.

Percho
09-03-2016, 10:30 PM
I believe the problem is on the other side of the ball. However I also believe that problem is Coach Dan. Our cb's this year and every year I can remember do not run with and cover anyone. They pick up the wr for a few yards then release them into a hole or to a safety. We cover no one. We are never close enough to a receiver to interfere with him or even hold him. Happened all day, today.

I would bet time of possession is against us in most games we have played under Coach Dan.

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2016, 10:36 PM
I believe the problem is on the other side of the ball. However I also believe that problem is Coach Dan. Our cb's this year and every year I can remember do not run with and cover anyone. They pick up the wr for a few yards then release them into a hole or to a safety. We cover no one. We are never close enough to a receiver to interfere with him or even hold him. Happened all day, today.

I would bet time of possession is against us in most games we have played under Coach Dan.

Actually, I'd take that bet. Until the last year, our identity has been a downhill, ball control running team. Somehow that's morphed into a "balanced" finesse team. We wore teams down by running the ball and pounding them into submission. We've lost that identity.

That said, TOP is a really imperfect, meaningless stat. I was at a high school game last night where a team won 49-20. The losing team had a huge TOP advantage. Why? Because the winning team couldn't be stopped and popped a bunch of big plays for scores. The losing team ran a ball control offense trying to control the bleeding and had it more often because their D was getting torched.

HSVDawg
09-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Saban is Saban because he stockpiles on Defense. The QB position at Bama makes very little difference.

Agreed. They won a national title with Jacob ****ing Coker for ****'s sake. And even before that they did the same thing with Jay Barker.

TUSK
09-04-2016, 02:09 AM
Well having a semi-pro defense makes that an easier decision. If tiano is the best, use him... I'm all for it

"semi"???

c'mon, man.... Day betta dan dat...