PDA

View Full Version : Bammer-USC thread:

TUSK
09-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Mods, delete if inappropriate....

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 07:19 PM
FIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My second team. Always has been and my wife's uncle, a GREAT guy, played for them. That being said, I think you win.

Dawgbite
09-03-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm watching too. Looks like the have a case of the M Stateitus early on.

Dawgface
09-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Hope USC wins.

RocketDawg
09-03-2016, 07:52 PM
The Tide is less than spectacular so far. Maybe they're trying to make it almost unanimous for crappy SEC play today.

TUSK
09-03-2016, 07:58 PM
just gotta survive the storm...

10 min USC TOP is concerning....

RocketDawg
09-03-2016, 08:40 PM
USC player just kicked out of the game for trying to de-nut a Bama guy when he was on the ground. Bama scores a pick six on the next play.

Statecoachingblows**
09-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Bama secondary should be hired to put on a clinic on how to block. They opened a hole bigger than any our backs saw today

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 08:42 PM
SC has some talent BUT, the depth still hasn't recovered from the probation. The crust is tough but once you get through it, it gets more than a bit soft.

TUSK
09-03-2016, 08:52 PM
SC has some talent BUT, the depth still hasn't recovered from the probation. The crust is tough but once you get through it, it gets more than a bit soft.

This is correct...

The Bammer D is freakin good...

The O may get there....

Statecoachingblows**
09-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Unforunately we won't break the crust so we will never know how soft the center is...Christ i don't know where the metaphor starts and stops. 11am kickoff be damned

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Unforunately we won't break the crust so we will never know how soft the center is...Christ i don't know where the metaphor starts and stops. 11am kickoff be damned

I've seen it done, up close and personal. It takes consistent winning, consistent and stable coaching, and consistent support. It doesn't matter what level you are talking about, or the sport for that matter.

Statecoachingblows**
09-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Liverpool you're way too level headed for these parts lol
I hate today and right now Mullen is a four letter word but I'll be back next week. maybe I'm a glutton for punishment I don't know, but my dawgs need me. Much more in my mind than reality but I can't convince myself otherwise.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2016, 09:40 PM
I've seen it done, up close and personal. It takes consistent winning, consistent and stable coaching, and consistent support. It doesn't matter what level you are talking about, or the sport for that matter.

Yep, it's what built some of the elite programs today. Fsu was very mediocre before Bowden, va tech, Oregon, Boise State, byu never won their conference before Lavelle Edwards and the list goes on and on. It can be done but it does require patience.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Liverpool you're way too level headed for these parts lol
I hate today and right now Mullen is a four letter word but I'll be back next week. maybe I'm a glutton for punishment I don't know, but my dawgs need me. Much more in my mind than reality but I can't convince myself otherwise.

I'm right there with ya! I'm pissed but I just can never find it in my heart to quit on my dawgs. I think you stated what just about every state fan is feeling right now. Well said.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Yep, it's what built some of the elite programs today. Fsu was very mediocre before Bowden, va tech, Oregon, Boise State, byu never won their conference before Lavelle Edwards and the list goes on and on. It can be done but it does require patience.
We as a fanbase have never had the patience to do it. We do, till we get a taste. Then we get ADHD.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 10:27 PM
FOR TUSK: I'm not at all surprised at the result, I expected it. I am surprised at the margin. Hats off, As usual under Saban y'all have reloaded.

TUSK
09-04-2016, 01:48 AM
FOR TUSK: I'm not at all surprised at the result, I expected it. I am surprised at the margin. Hats off, As usual under Saban y'all have reloaded.

thanks, bro.... I didn't think USC would collapse til the late third... Bammer's not full speed yet, but I think we are legit...

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 01:53 AM
We as a fanbase have never had the patience to do it. We do, till we get a taste. Then we get ADHD.

I'm in full agreement. We bail at the first sign of trouble. I look at the records of Bowden and Beamer and some others and see how long it took to actually build an elite program and its not overnight. But of course that was back in the days before social media and instant gratification.