PDA

View Full Version : Welp.............

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 06:13 PM
I've had a shower, a beverage, and watched another game. I ain't happy, but the sun will come up tomorrow. I've seen it before and if I live long enough I will see it again. It's still football season and I will enjoy it. I can isolate my MSU feelings enough to do that. I'm old enough to have plenty of practice at it. I said after the game I wouldn't be back next week, but I probably will. We may not win many, but one thing is for sure, if we stop supporting them we won't win very many in the future. If changes need to be made (we ain't there yet), they will be made at the appropriate time. We still need to be there and support the team. For the future if for no other reason. I'm sure some of you hotheads will blast me, but that's the way I feel. HAIL STATE!

Tbonewannabe
09-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Hailstate no matter what. I will be there next week. It is the only game my wife can go to in Starkville this year. Still going to UK and UMass. I guess I don't have to worry about a bowl game this year.

Taog Redloh
09-03-2016, 06:28 PM
I feel you. I'm getting there myself. Nowhere near as mad as I used to be. I've seen the cycle of MSU coaching success/failure 4 times now in my lifetime.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 06:49 PM
I feel you. I'm getting there myself. Nowhere near as mad as I used to be. I've seen the cycle of MSU coaching success/failure 4 times now in my lifetime.

It's at least 6 for me.

AROB44
09-03-2016, 06:54 PM
It's at least 6 for me.

I'm so old, I lost count. I was there when Wade Walker was fired. I know....most of you on here have no idea who he was.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 11:31 PM
I'm so old, I lost count. I was there when Wade Walker was fired. I know....most of you on here have no idea who he was.

I know who he was..........and you outdate me by a mile. Sorry! :D

Bully13
09-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Umass will kick our ass. Unless we take them into OT. I really like our chances if we can make it to OT vs Umass.

Todd4State
09-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Umass will kick our ass. Unless we take them into OT. I really like our chances if we can make it to OT vs Umass.

I think we beat them and Samford. Probably in sloppy fashion.

Goldendawg
09-03-2016, 11:45 PM
My 53rd year to go to games. Stayed pretty calm on the outside but really hurting on the inside. No where I would rather be on a Saturday ( maybe not for an 11 am game at 92 degrees) than with my 15 year old son supporting State. I'm 61 and God let me live through a heart attack and 3 bypasses 7 years ago. BTW,not because he and I stayed to the bitter end, but disappointed with the crowd support today. The team had to stay. Our parking lot, #28 was a ghost town at 9 am b4 the game. Not a very good atmosphere today. JMHO. Hail State! BTW, it's always taken guts to be a State fan, even in good years.

Corn Bread
09-04-2016, 12:34 AM
I will continue to wear my MSate garb for the players.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2016, 01:43 AM
Ain't gonna lie, this one today hurt, but I was born a Bulldog 51 years ago and this ain't nowhere near the lowest point. Being a State fan is kinda like being a Cubs fan, it's not for anyone with a weak constitution.

msbulldog
09-04-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm feeling the same way too guys, I 61 too. Seen it all before, and that empty feeling never changes. I know that our recent success has given me a false sense called cockiness, but yesterday brought me back to reality. But their still our team and I will suffer with them. Hail State!

Dawgface
09-04-2016, 06:57 AM
A lot of old friggers here. I'm 62. We have seen a lot of crap over the years........

State82
09-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Well, I'm almost 57. Last year was the first year in 40-45 years I didn't go to a single game. This year will make it two years in a row. Because of some life circumstances I kind of lost interest and Mullen & Co. are doing nothing to bring my interest back. I'm sticking to baseball I guess. Like I have been doing in the past.

AusTexDawg
09-04-2016, 02:11 PM
We may not win many, but one thing is for sure, if we stop supporting them we won't win very many in the future. If changes need to be made (we ain't there yet), they will be made at the appropriate time. We still need to be there and support the team. For the future if for no other reason...HAIL STATE!

Well said all around. This was a bad loss, but not a historically bad loss. Like many, I had hoped we were beyond these types of losses, but we'll always have rebuilding years.