PDA

View Full Version : Let's go ahead and get this out there to take a pulse of the fanbase

HSVDawg
09-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Now that it is plainly obvious that this season is going to hell in a handbasket compared to preseason expectations, what is the number of wins that must be achieved this year for Mullen to keep his job?

For me, anything under 5 wins should be automatic termination. Even 5 wins on the dot should probably be 50/50 as to whether we go another direction. 6 wins and he should be safe (but no extension). I know that sounds cold given our history and what Mullen has done for us, but consider the division we play in. Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M. All of those teams and MSU are paying top 15 money to their coaches, meaning 8 or 9 wins is the absolute minimum expectation for year 3 and beyond. Not one of those teams would stand for a 3 or 4 win season in year 8, and neither should we. Fire away.

Tbonewannabe
09-03-2016, 05:31 PM
6 wins should be minimum unless we finish the year greatly improved playing like our hair is on fire. I would still want Hevesy fired unless the line greatly improves.

Dawgfan77
09-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Just fire his ass now. He shopped cost us in recruiting and now this. Ray Charles can see the end is near.

Jarius
09-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Not making a bowl game is not acceptable, especially when that's all it takes to keep the fanbase happy and we schedule 4 cupcakes in the ooc every year.

civildawg
09-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Not making a bowl game is not acceptable, especially when that's all it takes to keep the fanbase happy and we schedule 4 cupcakes in the ooc every year.

Yep