PDA

View Full Version : Fitz has to be the guy

confucius say
09-03-2016, 05:18 PM
At least until he proves he can't do it. Are we in agreement on this?

msstate7
09-03-2016, 05:21 PM
If fitz isn't putting in the work after practice, then go with tiano and don't look back imo. We're gonna stink this year anyway... Use this year to get tiano ready

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2016, 05:22 PM
If fitz isn't putting in the work after practice, then go with tiano and don't look back imo. We're gonna stink this year anyway... Use this year to get tiano ready

My thoughts as well. I'd rather go with Fitz or Tiano & begin building towards 17 & 18 rather than going with the low floor Damian Williams who can't complete a pass more than 10 yards down field.

This is EXACTLY what happened at Ole Miss after Eli. Exactly. Not sure why it has to be this way.

I think it's a reality that good QBs are unbelievably hard to find. The NFL can't find them, Florida can't find one, Georgia hasn't been able to find one, Alabama has been marginal there, Auburn, LSU, etc....

If your program is build around 1 QB, you are bound to fall hard when he leaves. No matter how well you recruit, it's simply not a position you reload at. As much as I hate to say it, Ole Miss has done as well a job at reloading at that position as anyone in football & they went the JUCO route. Maybe we should have as well. Not sure why we didn't

civildawg
09-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Staley could not have been as bad as the other two qbs today. Makes me wonder what the heck is going on

msstate7
09-03-2016, 05:26 PM
I just don't understand why we didn't attempt to go deep. They played everyone within 15 yards of the LOS and we never tried to take a shot deep.

Also, our wr blocking isn't good. Myles and dear may be good in the passing game, but they're gonna hurt us blocking the perimeter

Dawgface
09-03-2016, 05:28 PM

Agree completely.

Bothrops
09-03-2016, 05:36 PM
He had his short ass chance to prove today, Tiano is the man.

defiantdog
09-03-2016, 05:39 PM
At least until he proves he can't do it. Are we in agreement on this?
The stage may have been too big today..... He needs to get it together because Williams is not the answer.

Bass Chaser
09-03-2016, 06:27 PM

I think that's part of the problem he goes back to GA every break the team gets instead of staying and working to improve.

Csdog
09-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Agree

mcain31
09-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Give the reins to Tiano

Sacrifice
09-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Mullen is the smartest man in the room so I'm sure Williams will start next week

Maroon Diapers
09-03-2016, 06:38 PM
The stage may have been too big today..... He needs to get it together because Williams is not the answer.

The stage ain't getting any smaller

RougeDawg
09-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Mullen is the smartest man in the room so I'm sure Williams will start next week

How long or how big of a hole does Dan allow Damien to dig us next week?

blacklistedbully
09-03-2016, 07:29 PM
How long or how big of a hole does Dan allow Damien to dig us next week?

Perkins up the middle...Perkins up the middle....Perkins up the middle...

Coach007
09-03-2016, 08:03 PM

Isn't this the argument every year? What needs to happen is allow the guy that is doing the work to GO to work for your team.

maroonmania
09-03-2016, 08:14 PM
I just don't understand why we didn't attempt to go deep. They played everyone within 15 yards of the LOS and we never tried to take a shot deep.

Also, our wr blocking isn't good. Myles and dear may be good in the passing game, but they're gonna hurt us blocking the perimeter

Dear didn't even play today. Maybe you are talking about Gray?

msstate7
09-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Dear didn't even play today. Maybe you are talking about Gray?

Yeah, I am... Thanks

GTHOM
09-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Well Fitz had 2 series you cant say he cant do it after just 2. Damian had 2 good possessions after that he wasnt very good. I like him he plays hard but we aint making a bowl with him at QB. Let Fitz have it next game, if it gets ugly put Tiano in. We know what Damian is. I'll say this, Wyatt Roberts is a winner.

Coach007
09-03-2016, 09:06 PM
The perfect example today was Allen for Ark. 2 interested and he is left in to gain confidence. They won. Had he pulled him, it would have killed his confidence and hurt them in the short term!

Now Fitz has to go through that whole process again.