PDA

View Full Version : You want change?

Op4isabitch
09-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Well the only way it happens is if there are empty seats.

civildawg
09-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Well I know of two that will be empty the rest of the season. Hopefully more follow

defiantdog
09-03-2016, 04:58 PM
That..... And losing to Sun Belt teams

fader2103
09-03-2016, 05:00 PM
I will be happy to buy tickets for pennies on the dollar

MetEdDawg
09-03-2016, 05:04 PM

Pretty sure that's not how that works. Is it effective? Yes. Does it hurt the university? Yes. You don't boycott. You go and show the next coach that the fans are ready to go. But you call the ticket office and say I plan on not buying tickets it donating next year if Mullen remains. Withholding current dollars only hurts us. Threatening to withhold future dollars is a hell of a lot less destructive while also getting the point across.

Op4isabitch
09-03-2016, 05:11 PM
With all due respect, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I'm of the opinion that actions speak louder than words, you can threaten to not buy tickets next season but that won't cause change this off season like empty seats.

The university may lose a little revenue generated through sales on game day but that's the price paid for fielding a sub par product.
Just my opinion.

GreenheadDawg
09-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately I live in Houston and I'm not able to go to many games but they won't be getting anymore donations from me until he is gone.

MetEdDawg
09-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately I live in Houston and I'm not able to go to many games but they won't be getting anymore donations from me until he is gone.

This is how you handle it. My problem is that people buy season tickets, have their own expectations, then when they don't like it decide not to go. I'm of the opinion if you make a monetary commitment you honor that win or lose. School counts on that money to operate. If you made a commitment through the end of the year you honor it.

But when the Bulldog Club sees a severe lack of monetary commitments for 2017 you get your ass someone will notice. Or if you call and say no more until Mullen is gone they will notice. I mean if you sell your tickets I guess that's fine. But withholding fiscal year money you have committed to in my opinion can only hurt the university and our ability to fiscally do everything we need to do athletics wise.

Todd4State
09-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Pretty sure that's not how that works. Is it effective? Yes. Does it hurt the university? Yes. You don't boycott. You go and show the next coach that the fans are ready to go. But you call the ticket office and say I plan on not buying tickets it donating next year if Mullen remains. Withholding current dollars only hurts us. Threatening to withhold future dollars is a hell of a lot less destructive while also getting the point across.

I may be mistaken but I believe you can request to what sports your Bulldog Club donation goes to. For example I could request all sports except football.

Todd4State
09-03-2016, 05:42 PM
With all due respect, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I'm of the opinion that actions speak louder than words, you can threaten to not buy tickets next season but that won't cause change this off season like empty seats.

The university may lose a little revenue generated through sales on game day but that's the price paid for fielding a sub par product.
Just my opinion.

I see both sides. I guess the good news for MSU is most of the tickets have been purchased.

RocketDawg
09-03-2016, 05:43 PM
I think we should give it a few more weeks before doing anything drastic, like not going to games and withholding donations. Could be that we just vastly underrated the opponent today, and they were fired up to beat an SEC team. If we lose the first 4 or 5 games, then all bets are off, because we certainly won't win any of the last 4.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Yep, hurting the university is the answer. Y'all need to get a grip on yourselves.

Turfdawg67
09-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Yep, hurting the university is the answer. Y'all need to get a grip on yourselves.

Agreed! This whole thread is stupid and immature. We used to call these "fans" fair weathered.

GreenheadDawg
09-03-2016, 06:51 PM
I may be mistaken but I believe you can request to what sports your Bulldog Club donation goes to. For example I could request all sports except football.

Then that's what I will do. I want know for sure though that not a cent of my money goes to football

HoopsDawg
09-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Oline recruiting and Hev have caught up to us. Pitiful we couldn't run the ball against a D2 dline.

boot
09-03-2016, 06:55 PM
What a bunch of pansy ass bitches

civildawg
09-03-2016, 06:57 PM
No the bunch of pansy ass bitches is the football team that got embarrassed by a school that has only had a football team for 8 years and were missing their top 3 defensive players

Op4isabitch
09-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Call me what you will, the good thing is you don't manage my finances and I get to choose where and how I spend/donate my dollars.

Those of you that don't think we can do any better are a large part of our problem, however that's another topic.

GreenheadDawg

Eat a dick bitch

Op4isabitch

Have a good night friend. ��

Op4isabitch
09-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Agreed! This whole thread is stupid and immature. We used to call these "fans" fair weathered.

Fair weathered? I've been off the Mullen band wagon since 2013. Yes he lured me back for a while in 2014, my concern is that people think he is the best we can do here at poor ol MSU. I don't believe that's the case.

Engine
09-03-2016, 07:33 PM
Go to the games. Boo Mullen. Make up clever chants telling him to leave.

Turfdawg67
09-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Fair weathered? I've been off the Mullen band wagon since 2013. Yes he lured me back for a while in 2014, my concern is that people think he is the best we can do here at poor ol MSU. I don't believe that's the case.

Okay, then you prefer bandwagon fan? Off, then back on when things are good ('14), now off again ('15). Yep epitome of fair weather/bandwagon fan.

Op4isabitch
09-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Okay, then you prefer bandwagon fan? Off, then back on when things are good ('14), now off again ('15). Yep epitome of fair weather/bandwagon fan.
17 year season ticket holder.
I sat through EVERY single home game of the Croom era, I left early one time and that was Henigs 6 pick six night and that was only because it was raining so hard and I was already sick. So I hardly think that I'm a "bandwagon" fan.

If you think Mullen is the best we can do, then I'll respectfully disagree but please save your labeling for someone else.
If CDM can shop himself for other jobs every off season and not give 100% to MSU then I have no qualms not giving him my 100%.
It's a 2 way street.

GTHOM
09-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Go to the games. Boo Mullen. Make up clever chants telling him to leave.

Sounds good to me