PDA

View Full Version : This is why I wanted him gone in 2013

Engine
09-03-2016, 04:37 PM
He's just not the man for the job. It was evident then. He doesn't have what it takes and delaying only delays the inevitable

Tbonewannabe
09-03-2016, 04:41 PM
I would take the shit show we have now since we had the #1 ranking in 2014. As far as I am concerned 6 wins are still the floor of acceptable. Anything less and I want a new coach.

GreenheadDawg
09-03-2016, 04:43 PM
I would take the shit show we have now since we had the #1 ranking in 2014. As far as I am concerned 6 wins are still the floor of acceptable. Anything less and I want a new coach.

We won't sniff 6 wins. That's like saying I hope I catch a unicorn later

Tbonewannabe
09-03-2016, 04:48 PM

Then I want a new coach at the end of the year. Losing this game to me just means we have to win another SEC game. I had us winning all the OOC games and USCe and UK at a minimum. I then thought we would win at least one of A&M, AU, or Ark. That would give us 7 wins which is what I predicted.

maroonmania
09-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Yep, its obvious that Dak Prescott covered up a lot of blemishes with our program over the last couple of years.

GreenheadDawg
09-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Then I want a new coach at the end of the year. Losing this game to me just means we have to win another SEC game. I had us winning all the OOC games and USCe and UK at a minimum. I then thought we would win at least one of A&M, AU, or Ark. That would give us 7 wins which is what I predicted.

At the end of the year? I hope he's packing his shit up now.

Dawgface
09-03-2016, 04:57 PM
After the success we have had over the last 6 years(making it to a bowl), I don't think the administration will have the balls to fire him if we win just 3-4 games. Two wins or less, anything is possible.

Statecoachingblows**
09-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Ceiling has been hit and it's now fighting back

Dawgfan77
09-03-2016, 05:42 PM
After the success we have had over the last 6 years(making it to a bowl), I don't think the administration will have the balls to fire him if we win just 3-4 games. Two wins or less, anything is possible.
This is why we are M state. Fire his ass and offer a lower division coach that has a proven record to come for 3 mil

GTHOM
09-03-2016, 06:51 PM
I said If we win 6 games with this schedule it is unacceptable. Dont look like we'll hit that. I think its time to go our separate ways. He wants out anyway and he no longer cares. I dont see how anyone can argue with it at this point.

Todd4State
09-03-2016, 06:54 PM

The administration won't be deciding. They'll just carry out the orders.

HoopsDawg
09-03-2016, 06:56 PM
I appreciate what Mullen has done here but I was praying he would get that Maryland or Miami job.

EdDawg
09-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Even if we did fire him before the end of the season, which won't happen. Who do you want as the interim?

Dan has surrounded himself with close friends and very young inexperienced coaches. Isn't this Sirmon's first coordinator gig? I doubt he is ready for that position.

Sacrifice
09-03-2016, 07:09 PM
For some strange reason I'm not even upset over this lost. I feel like Mullen looked when we missed the field goal. I just watched him smile and laugh on the sidelines and I was like F-it, who else is playing today

EdDawg
09-03-2016, 07:47 PM
That's what pisses me off more than anything. Him smiling after every loss just screams "I don't care."

Quit trying to hide your frustration if you have it. I want to actually see him get pissed and mad on the sideline. I don't know maybe look like you care, Dan.

ILOATHEBears
09-03-2016, 07:47 PM

Just think 24 hours ago we were excited like a kid at Christmas now only waking to find out Santa Dan shit in my stocking and left a note that there was no such thing as Santa. Saw UT, Vandy and USCe and thought we will be better than that. Oh boy I was wrong. Long year ahead men.

gtowndawg
09-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Just think 24 hours ago we were excited like a kid at Christmas now only waking to find out Santa Dan shit in my stocking and left a note that there was no such thing as Santa. Saw UT, Vandy and USCe and thought we will be better than that. Oh boy I was wrong. Long year ahead men.

That's a heck of a post right there. Thanks alot Dan.

Statecoachingblows**
09-03-2016, 08:07 PM
I shouldn't care more than our head coach appears to

maroonmania
09-03-2016, 08:10 PM
I said If we win 6 games with this schedule it is unacceptable. Dont look like we'll hit that. I think its time to go our separate ways. He wants out anyway and he no longer cares. I dont see how anyone can argue with it at this point.

Heck, right now I would take Joey Jones over Mullen. Jones is a very good coach. He has had to build that USA program from nothing.

Engine
09-03-2016, 08:10 PM
If we canned him in 2013 we could have made the playoff two years ago with a strong innovative motivated HC.

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2016, 08:23 PM
The administration won't be deciding. They'll just carry out the orders.

See, I completely disagree with this. Our top boosters don't know shit about hiring or firing a coach & we can't fire our top boosters.

This would be an enormous mistake IMO. Stricklin is our AD & you allow him to hire & fire coaches, & if he hires bad coaches, then you fire him & find another AD. You have to do it this way or else there is no accountability & no one held responsible for the outcome.

The best organizations are organizations in which owners own, GMs GM, coaches coach, etc.....

I will absolutely having nothing to do with an MSU where boosters hire & fire coaches. That is a recipe for a disaster that you can't get out of.

It's the same problem the Cowboys have with Jerry never hiring a GM. There is no accountability because there is no one to fire. The Cowboys would have been better off hiring a GM & then firing that GM & hiring another one when the GM proved to be poor

Todd4State
09-03-2016, 08:33 PM
See, I completely disagree with this. Our top boosters don't know shit about hiring or firing a coach & we can't fire our top boosters.

This would be an enormous mistake IMO. Stricklin is our AD & you allow him to hire & fire coaches, & if he hires bad coaches, then you fire him & find another AD. You have to do it this way or else there is no accountability & no one held responsible for the outcome.

The best organizations are organizations in which owners own, GMs GM, coaches coach, etc.....

I will absolutely having nothing to do with an MSU where boosters hire & fire coaches. That is a recipe for a disaster that you can get out of.

It's the same problem the Cowboys have with Jerry never hiring a GM. There is no accountability because there is no one to fire. The Cowboys would have been better off hiring a GM & then firing that GM & hiring another one when the GM proved to be poor

I think it will go down more like- Scott axes Dan at their request. Scott will probably be willing to do it anyway. A bad team and product is not good for MSU or him so any GM would probably make the same decision.

Whenever we do hire a new coach I'm sure a committee will be formed and of course Scott will be part of it and then no doubt some major boosters will be on the committee as well and some others like Keenum and whomever else.

The major boosters will have to sign off on whomever after the Rick Ray debacle.

anubus
09-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Mullen Claus shit in my stocking and when I walked down stairs was still there with cookie crumbs and milk stains all over his santa suit grinning that ignorant assed grin.

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2016, 08:38 PM
I think it will go down more like- Scott axes Dan at their request. Scott will probably be willing to do it anyway. A bad team and product is not good for MSU or him so any GM would probably make the same decision.

Whenever we do hire a new coach I'm sure a committee will be formed and of course Scott will be part of it and then no doubt some major boosters will be on the committee as well and some others like Keenum and whomever else.

The major boosters will have to sign off on whomever after the Rick Ray debacle.

So Scott only got 1 chance before boosters decided he wasn't fit to hire a coach?

That's assassin. Just fire his ass if that's how little faith you have in his hiring ability.

Again, Boosters don't know shit about hiring & firing coaches. Not sure why anyone thinks they do.

Tbonewannabe
09-03-2016, 08:44 PM
So Scott only got 1 chance before boosters decided he wasn't fit to hire a coach?

That's assassin. Just fire his ass if that's how little faith you have in his hiring ability.

Again, Boosters don't know shit about hiring & firing coaches. Not sure why anyone thinks they do.
Maybe because his hire was Croom level bad except we didn't do it to lessen penalties. I agree that the AD has to have enough power to do the job.

Pollodawg
09-03-2016, 08:49 PM
WTF did this team and staff do all offseason? It honestly looked like a bunch of dude who'd never met before in their lives just showed up to play football at DWS this afternoon.