PDA

View Full Version : Why not give fitz another shot

JohnnyQuid
09-03-2016, 02:40 PM
He struggled to start sure - 2nd half williams looked like dog ass. williams can't complete passes 10+ yards. I'd have been ok seeing tiano. just let williams play thru 1.5 quarters of shit. said it all along - he isn't the answer. he had some success but he can't throw the ball. play fitz and tiano and the chips fall where they may.

ps : our secondary is epic sorts of bad. I like what I saw from leo lewis.

**** it's hard being a state fan.

Leroy Jenkins
09-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I don't see how the guy who was the backup last year only gets 6 snaps in the game. 7 it you count the kneel-down at the half.

99jc
09-03-2016, 02:47 PM
That penalty on Calvin at the end in the red zone was big Leo made a sack it would have been 4th and goal at the 15 the stars were aligned for a loss graves hitting the crossbar was karma

maroonmania
09-03-2016, 02:48 PM
I wish Fitz had gotten another shot but Williams did set us up for a chip shot game winning FG. I think folks can now stop bitching about Graves not kicking against LSU last year. That was the first time Graves has had a pressure game winning FG to make and he choked.

EdDawg
09-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Fitz had two passes that were dropped. If the first one was caught by Johnson then that drive doesn't stall, and fitz gets more snaps. I'm not sure what the reasoning was for keeping Williams in the game especially have missing a couple of wide open receivers in the 2nd half.

Coach007
09-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Totally due to Mullen. You can not expect a QB to get into a groove when only allowed to pass it 3 times!

TXDawg
09-03-2016, 02:52 PM
The Johnson "drop" was a shitty pass, but Fitz still should've gotten another chance in the 4th quarter after how bad Williams looked.

JohnnyQuid
09-03-2016, 02:53 PM
I wish Fitz had gotten another shot but Williams did set us up for a chip shot game winning FG. I think folks can now stop bitching about Graves not kicking against LSU last year. That was the first time Graves has had a pressure game winning FG to make and he choked.

yea vs prevent he was able to dink and dunk and got us a chance.

vs a real defensive scheme he really struggles. they adjusted at half and we looked terrible

Bdawg
09-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Fitz should have played by mid third quarter. He is the better runner and deep ball passer. A couple of drops stalled his drive and he doesn't get another chance? Should have played when Williams play slowed down. Side note: our line and RBs must really suck to not be able to pound the rock. And I can't even comment on our secondary

JohnnyQuid
09-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Totally due to Mullen. You can not expect a QB to get into a groove when only allowed to pass it 3 times!

this. THIS. we were gonna play both right? Fitz gets 3 passes and shelved. I'd be pissed.

Mullen shit the bed on this one

EdDawg
09-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Not sure how it was a terrible pass when Johnson was able to get both hands on it. I'll have to wait until I can see it again to truly check, but it seemed very catchable.

I'm not of the belief that if you get a hand on it, it should be a catch, but if you get two hands on it, then you have to catch it.

confucius say
09-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Said it whole game. Fitz actually looked better to me. His reads were fine and threw ball well. More importantly, he would have broken some long runs, you could see it building. I like Damian but he is what he is, and you saw that today.

confucius say
09-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Not sure how it was a terrible pass when Johnson was able to get both hands on it. I'll have to wait until I can see it again to truly check, but it seemed very catchable.

I'm not of the belief that if you get a hand on it, it should be a catch, but if you get two hands on it, then you have to catch it.

It was wobbly and a little high, necessarily, but very catchable.

JohnnyQuid
09-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Said it whole game. Fitz actually looked better to me. His reads were fine and threw ball well. More importantly, he would have broken some long runs, you could see it building. I like Damian but he is what he is, and you saw that today.

running back playing qb limited to 10 yard throwing window.

fitz. or tiano. dnt care

this is the season to play with the roster after that loss

HSVDawg
09-03-2016, 03:17 PM
You can't blame a personnel decision at 1 out of 22 positions on the field when you lose at home to South Alabama. Any QB Mullen can find on the street should be able to beat them. There are multiple systemic issues within our program that led to what happened today that are not likely to be corrected this season.