PDA

View Full Version : We were due for this game.

BoomBoom
09-03-2016, 02:11 PM
All of Mullen's worst traits combining for a hellaciously bad loss.

BulldogBear
09-03-2016, 02:13 PM
It's been the one thing that has kept me behind him...not losing games like this one.

DudyDawg
09-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Mullen is due for a pink slip

BoomBoom
09-03-2016, 02:16 PM
It's been the one thing that has kept me behind him...not losing games like this one.

You should base decisions on the trend, not lucky results.

Johnson85
09-03-2016, 02:36 PM
You should base decisions on the trend, not lucky results.

This wasn't a lucky result. Lucky results are where you catch a non-power five team, have some balls bounce the wrong way and play a little flat.

This was a cluster 17 that shows Mullen is completely out of it. It's bad recruiting combined with poor coaching combined with bad in game and personnel decisions. I'm not saying he needs to be fired, but he needs to get his shit together. Off hand I can't think of somebody that has gotten this complacent in years seven and eight and then gotten their head right. I'm sure it's happened. Just not that many tenures this long not begin with that are at schools that would be patient enough to give a chance to get it back together.

BoomBoom
09-03-2016, 02:49 PM
This wasn't a lucky result. Lucky results are where you catch a non-power five team, have some balls bounce the wrong way and play a little flat.

This was a cluster 17 that shows Mullen is completely out of it. It's bad recruiting combined with poor coaching combined with bad in game and personnel decisions. I'm not saying he needs to be fired, but he needs to get his shit together. Off hand I can't think of somebody that has gotten this complacent in years seven and eight and then gotten their head right. I'm sure it's happened. Just not that many tenures this long not begin with that are at schools that would be patient enough to give a chance to get it back together.

We're saying the same thing. Mullen was lucky to have not had this happen already. It was close a few times. But everyone harped on that he never lost the games he was supposed to win, or that we were terrible in the distant past, and refused to look at the trends. The trends say he's not a good coach, that caught lightning in a bottle for a few weeks in 2014 and had a generational talent at QB. That he's raised the floor of the program, but is overrated as a HC, and it's time to move on. Give him the year, give him the chance to correct his flaws, and the AD should have already had a meeting where they went over his flaws, and if he continues to refuse out of stubborness, grow a pair of balls and fire him.