PDA

View Full Version : Wall Street Journal called Umiss "embarrassing"

M.Fillmore
09-02-2016, 11:54 AM
I figure that we would be higher if so many were not confusing us with them.

Bears, Baylor and Criminoles are all there together.

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2016/09/wall-street-journal-calls-ole-miss.html

louisvilledawg
09-02-2016, 12:07 PM
I figure that we would be higher if so many were not confusing us with them.

Bears, Baylor and Criminoles are all there together.

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2016/09/wall-street-journal-calls-ole-miss.html

This is one of the comments. For the LOLZ:

"That looks about right. Faux-couth fans -- both the whiskey-soaked, red-cheeked, pot-bellied men and their prescription medicated women -- sacrifice all at the altar of young, urban athletes, sending their money to please the athletes' parents and their daughters to please the athletes. After 5 years, those not named Manning are cast aside like an empty bottle of liquor or Cymbalta. Delusions are strongest this time of year for the herd of Lafayette Lemmings, but the sad reality of their mediocrity will soon set in and the rest of us will, once again, receive a welcome respite from their braying. 'Tis the season, y'all."

RougeDawg
09-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Since when does complete irrelevance since integration make a program high on the powerhouse scale? Only west team that can't find Atlanta and a Sugar Bowl win that will land them on sanctions do not scream powerhouse to me.

TrapGame
09-02-2016, 12:22 PM
"That looks about right. Faux-couth fans -- both the whiskey-soaked, red-cheeked, pot-bellied men and their prescription medicated women -- sacrifice all at the altar of young, urban athletes, sending their money to please the athletes' parents and their daughters to please the athletes. After 5 years, those not named Manning are cast aside like an empty bottle of liquor or Cymbalta. Delusions are strongest this time of year for the herd of Lafayette Lemmings, but the sad reality of their mediocrity will soon set in and the rest of us will, once again, receive a welcome respite from their braying. 'Tis the season, y'all."

Shit, I want that etched on something. That's effin' fantastic!

HSVDawg
09-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Since when does complete irrelevance since integration make a program high on the powerhouse scale? Only west team that can't find Atlanta and a Sugar Bowl win that will land them on sanctions do not scream powerhouse to me.

The powerhouse scale is based only on projected 2016 finish according to two polls and two computer models. Literally no on the field data points went into the on the field ranking. It's hilarious how poorly thought out it was, especially for one of the few reputable newspapers left in the WSJ.

RougeDawg
09-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Well this seasons projections are highly inflated. Good thing that bubble will be burst by the end of September.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 12:40 PM
This is one of the comments. For the LOLZ:

Dang did they nail the unm following perfectly! That's excellent!

msbulldog
09-02-2016, 12:45 PM
At least were on the powerhouse side.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Northwestern should feel good, they are the most admirable of weaklings****

Political Hack
09-02-2016, 01:03 PM
On a positive note, covering up rape is more embarrassing than what's went on at Ole Miss... But apparently not by much.

RougeDawg
09-02-2016, 01:05 PM
On a positive note, covering up rape is more embarrassing than what's went on at Ole Miss... But apparently not by much.

Guess they'll roll out a new talking point when the hammer drops. I imagine it along these lines, "well at least our players didn't rape anyone".

RocketDawg
09-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Dang did they nail the unm following perfectly! That's excellent!

Yes, it's well done ... but what's amazing to me is that anybody outside the state of Mississippi would know that much about them.

***Whoops*** ... probably not a germane statement. I hadn't clicked the link, and it leads to a web page from Jackson, MS. Most likely a State fan wrote that.

Political Hack
09-02-2016, 01:14 PM
Guess they'll roll out a new talking point when the hammer drops. I imagine it along these lines, "well at least our players didn't rape anyone".

Not that they have a problem lying, but it should be changed to "our players didn't rape any women."

That whole finger in a butt thing may qualify.