PDA

View Full Version : Eric Reid (former lsu player) joins kaepernick

msstate7
09-02-2016, 09:00 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teammate-joins-san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick-in-kneeling-during-national-anthem/

Brahmabull
09-02-2016, 09:08 AM
I hope they both have career ending injuries. They may have a right to do this, but it is wrong. There are other/better ways to go about it. Furthermore, since Kap is guaranteed $11M, I wouldn't cut him. I would put him on every special team. If he says he won't do it, I tell him to get his ass out there or quit and forfeit the money.

RougeDawg
09-02-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm still waiting on ESPN to report who Kapernakus' girlfriend is, her views toward America and the recent religious changes he has made that would allow said same Americsn views enter his thought process. Anyone think ESPN or media wil report the entire truth? I don't.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 09:17 AM
It's becoming the "cool" thing to do now. They have every right to protest but this is the wrong way to do it. It's hard to respect kapermicks position at all since he now belongs to a group that oppresses women and wears a shirt with Castro on it, one of the worst oppressors in history. My how this world has changed in such a short time and not for the better.

MSUMatt
09-02-2016, 09:17 AM
I'm still waiting on ESPN to report who Kapernakus' girlfriend is, her views toward America and the recent religious changes he has made that would allow said same Americsn views enter his thought process. Anyone think ESPN or media wil report the entire truth? I don't.

I had read that he recently converted to Islam. I know his physical appearance looks awful. He looks unhealthy to me.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2016, 09:26 AM
It's becoming the "cool" thing to do now. They have every right to protest but this is the wrong way to do it. It's hard to respect kapermicks position at all since he now belongs to a group that oppresses women and wears a shirt with Castro on it, one of the worst oppressors in history. My how this world has changed in such a short time and not for the better.

So he is against the United States police departments due to police violence but is ok with supporting a dictator who used his police force to truly oppress and murder people. Completely logical to me, nothing to see here.

IMissJack
09-02-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm of the theory that if they are ignored, what they do becomes irrelevant, but I know the media will continue to portray him as some type of millionaire hero.

msstate7
09-02-2016, 09:32 AM
There's irony in an sec player wanting social justice. Had mr Reid gotten social justice at lsu, I'm sure he would've lost more than 1 team mate

HSVDawg
09-02-2016, 09:37 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teammate-joins-san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick-in-kneeling-during-national-anthem/

One of the great things about free speech is it allows people to express their opinions without fear of legal consequences. It also helps expose a lot of morons that would otherwise go unnoticed. That is the case here.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 09:37 AM
So he is against the United States police departments due to police violence but is ok with supporting a dictator who used his police force to truly oppress and murder people. Completely logical to me, nothing to see here.

Exactly! He's all over the place. His career is in the tank and I believe he's trying to drum up publicity for himself more than anything.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 09:38 AM
One of the great things about free speech is it allows people to express their opinions without fear of legal consequences. It also helps expose a lot of morons that would otherwise go unnoticed. That is the case here.

Yep!

Really Clark?
09-02-2016, 09:44 AM

Nessa Diab the MTV DJ. She also dated Aldon Smith, his teammate that he got in a fight with last summer around the time Diab and he started "dating".

ckDOG
09-02-2016, 09:45 AM
By clicking these links to articles, you are giving morons a platform that they don't deserve. Quit getting outraged by dumb people and let them be silenced into obscurity.

TheRef
09-02-2016, 10:05 AM
So he's saying that he spoke with a US Veteran and that's where he made the decision to take a knee rather than sit since they felt it would be more respectful to the military.

He has also said that he will donate $1 Million to charities and go out to be in the community. So he's actually doing something about it rather than being like a child and pouting.

Is what he did the way to do it? Nope. But he at least realized that his first way wasn't the way to do it, and has taken steps to change it.

turkish
09-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Yall realize a good portion of the voting public has beliefs not far from his, right? We are on the way out, folks. And it is no longer in question.

BB30
09-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Yall realize a good portion of the voting public has beliefs not far from his, right? We are on the way out, folks. And it is no longer in question.

Yea, rather scary. More likely than not there will be a major course correction and things will swing back the other way. Just afraid of what may cause the major course correction. We are definitely heading for some interesting times.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Yea, rather scary. More likely than not there will be a major course correction and things will swing back the other way. Just afraid of what may cause the major course correction. We are definitely heading for some interesting times.

Like Dwight in the office said, we need a new plague.

redstickdawg
09-02-2016, 03:43 PM
The irony of this is that Eric Reid Sr. works for the LSU police dept or did about 12 years ago when my son was on a soccer team with his youngest son. Sr. is a big man that reminds me of the prisoner in the Green Mile size wise. I know that Eric Jr was raised differently than this.

TimberBeast
09-02-2016, 03:55 PM
The irony of this is that Eric Reid Sr. works for the LSU police dept or did about 12 years ago when my son was on a soccer team with his youngest son. Sr. is a big man that reminds me of the prisoner in the Green Mile size wise. I know that Eric Jr was raised differently than this.

Well hopefully his father is damned ashamed of him. He should be.

TUSK
09-02-2016, 03:58 PM

God, I hope I'm still kickin' when this happens... That's gonna be fun...

mcain31
09-02-2016, 04:18 PM
My 49ers need Kaepernick to be the starting QB. Politics aside, he gives my team the best chance to not have the #1 pick in the draft. I do not want to see Blaine Gabbert. He is simply horrible. Eric Reid needs to have a Pro Bowl caliber season.

archdog
09-02-2016, 09:40 PM
My outlook on this is, Kaep is a freaking idiot. He does not understand the meaning behind his actions. I mean people have been saying he is as dumb as a bag of bricks since he left Nevada. Why in the world does this situation shock anyone. So the dumbass doesn't want to stand for the anthem. 17 that piece of crap. That is his right and part of what that flag represents. I, and I am sure most everyone on this message board was raised better than that when it comes to respecting the flag, this country, and our fellow citizens viewpoints. So he is pissed about the percieved social injustice? He has chosen how to use his pulpit. If I had millions of people at my disposal, I would probably think up something better to do than a weak ass piece of crap civil disobedience that misses the mark like sitting during the anthem. I think the entire situation accurately portrays his intellectual depth. That's cool though, I have other shit to worry about. As far as Reid goes, that just figures it would be him. LSU doesn't teach people civil responsibility either.

ScoobaDawg
09-02-2016, 10:08 PM
So he's saying that he spoke with a US Veteran and that's where he made the decision to take a knee rather than sit since they felt it would be more respectful to the military.

He has also said that he will donate $1 Million to charities and go out to be in the community. So he's actually doing something about it rather than being like a child and pouting.

Is what he did the way to do it? Nope. But he at least realized that his first way wasn't the way to do it, and has taken steps to change it.

exactly but that's not controversial enough and thus won't be shared or plastered all over the news.

TimberBeast
09-02-2016, 11:35 PM
My 49ers need Kaepernick to be the starting QB. Politics aside, he gives my team the best chance to not have the #1 pick in the draft. I do not want to see Blaine Gabbert. He is simply horrible. Eric Reid needs to have a Pro Bowl caliber season.

You're black and you served, quit the deflection and say what you think about both of those pieces of shit. The fact that you want him to be the QB says enough, but go ahead and tell us. I'm betting I already know the answer, hopefully I'm wrong.