PDA

View Full Version : How in the unholy hell was UT ranked #9?!!

TrapGame
09-02-2016, 08:37 AM
That's a travesty. After a skin of their teeth win over App State they better not even sniff the top 25 next week. Pitiful!

Jack Lambert
09-02-2016, 08:40 AM
We ask that question every year about many football teams. Why is Baylor ranked?

mcain31
09-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Have you considered that App St.is a very good, discipline team? The Mountaineers have long had a program that could cause trouble for larger programs.

nsvltndog
09-02-2016, 08:47 AM
UT is not a Top 10 team, but I fully expect them to be a Top 25 team. In the East it all comes down to who is the tallest of the Pygmies and UT may still have an inch on everyone else.

BB30
09-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Yea, Tenn looked pretty terrible. The worst part was the fact that they got dominated in the trenches most of the night by an undersized d and O line. And, Dobbs looked awful made poor decision after poor decision. The long TD against that freshman TD was badly under thrown and would have been picked off against any DB other than that true frosh. They have more issues than just coming out flat and will get exposed against a talented team. The east is wide open to be grabbed this year.

TrapGame
09-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Have you considered that App St.is a very good, discipline team? The Mountaineers have long had a program that could cause trouble for larger programs.

UT has recruited very well over the last few years. App State should not have taken that game into overtime. This is all on Butch Jones. He is not an SEC HC.

Hot Rock
09-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Dobss won't ever be an effective QB without his legs being a primary part of his offense.

If they embrace his abilities and quit trying to make him a passing QB, they can beat a lot of folks. He can hit the bomb and make some good throws but his decision making skills are horrible.

Beaver
09-02-2016, 08:59 AM
That's a travesty. After a skin of their teeth win over App State they better not even sniff the top 25 next week. Pitiful!

First ranking that actually matters doesn't drop until Nov. 1st. UT plays UF, UGA, A&M, and Bama before then.

Hot Rock
09-02-2016, 08:59 AM
The worst part of that TN game last night and the part that would have me worried is how badly that O-line played. They really did stink it up.

RougeDawg
09-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Give em a few weeks. They'll be back down around 35 where they belong. Dobbs best pass of the night was his fumble in OT. He's pretty damn horrendous.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 09:10 AM
They won't drop past 15. For some reason the media loves them. They have an extremely soft schedule. Probably win 9 maybe 10 games, get smoked by the good teams they play. I don't think they're top 25.

tcdog70
09-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Dobbs got his dick knocked in his watch pocket. He was hurting. In the NFL it wouldn't have been a TD. If you want to upset a biggie don't miss extra points.

IMissJack
09-02-2016, 09:25 AM
They won't drop past 15. For some reason the media loves them. They have an extremely soft schedule. Probably win 9 maybe 10 games, get smoked by the good teams they play. I don't think they're top 25.

The media won't drop them too much because it would make them look too bad. TN is all I have heard discussed the past 2 weeks on any FB show on any station. The media would have to admit they don't know **** for them to drop them very far.

Bothrops
09-02-2016, 09:29 AM
It's hard to explain how bad Tennessee was last night. I mean they got physically whipped on the LOS by guys that averaged 50 lbs less each.

TrapGame
09-02-2016, 09:36 AM
It's hard to explain how bad Tennessee was last night. I mean they got physically whipped on the LOS by guys that averaged 50 lbs less each.

I think they were believing their own hype with Butch stoking the fire.

I bet a nice steak at Harvey's that Va Tech beats them next Saturday.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 09:41 AM
The media won't drop them too much because it would make them look too bad. TN is all I have heard discussed the past 2 weeks on any FB show on any station. The media would have to admit they don't know **** for them to drop them very far.

Exactly! And you're right the media don't know ****

msudawglb
09-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Dobss won't ever be an effective QB without his legs being a primary part of his offense.

If they embrace his abilities and quit trying to make him a passing QB, they can beat a lot of folks. He can hit the bomb and make some good throws but his decision making skills are horrible.

Last night he looked like Jeremy Johnson 2.0

missouridawg
09-02-2016, 10:01 AM
That App State team was 11-2 last year and brought back damn near the whole roster. TN didn't play great, but don't sleep on App State. They are a very good team.

ILOATHEBears
09-02-2016, 10:01 AM

They use the same HYPE machine the Bears do

Really Clark?
09-02-2016, 10:10 AM
That App State team was 11-2 last year and brought back damn near the whole roster. TN didn't play great, but don't sleep on App State. They are a very good team.

And their 2 losses were to Clemson 41-10 and Arkansas St 40-27. Arkansas St was pretty good last year in conference as well. But did get blown out by USC and Toledo and lost by 7 to Missouri.

thf24
09-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Dobbs just isn't very good. He has the physical tools to be at least an average SEC QB, but he just doesn't have it upstairs.

TUSK
09-02-2016, 10:49 AM

This has been missed by a lot of peeps, McCain... I'm not pumping the brakes, just yet....

TUSK
09-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Dobbs just isn't very good. He has the physical tools to be at least an average SEC QB, but he just doesn't have it upstairs.

Do you mean he's not cerebral enough to understand football?

PMDawg
09-02-2016, 10:56 AM
This has been missed by a lot of peeps, McCain... I'm not pumping the brakes, just yet....

Exactly. First game of the year vs a very motivated team that had all offseason to prepare to "shock the world" and a team that is well within the top 50 anyway. Maybe even top 35. Let's see how TN reacts over the next couple of weeks before we bury them. I'm not sold either way yet - not enough information just yet.

JoseBrown
09-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Do you mean he's not cerebral enough to understand football?

I think he understands football, his neurons just don't move fast enough***

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 11:21 AM
There's no doubt that app state is a well coached, really good football team. That being said if you're a top 10 sec team at home who plans on being sec champion you gotta do better than ot win. And only a win because the other team missed a xp, a fg and your winning td came on a fumble into the end zone.

TrapGame
09-02-2016, 11:49 AM
There's no doubt that app state is a well coached, really good football team. That being said if you're a top 10 sec team at home who plans on being sec champion you gotta do better than ot win. And only a win because the other team missed a xp, a fg and your winning td came on a fumble into the end zone.

BINGO!

UT's starters got their asses stroked for four quarters by a group of guys the coaches never gave a first look. If Butch let his younger players get some playing time in the second half and App St. was coming back on them to make it close I'd give him he benefit of the doubt. As Bo said this morning - Dan Mullen would have coached circles around Butch Jones last night.

Beaver
09-02-2016, 12:09 PM
That being said if you're a top 10 sec team at home who plans on being sec champion you gotta do better than ot win. And only a win because the other team missed a xp, a fg and your winning td came on a fumble into the end zone.

You're probably right. But I remember many of us having to eat crow after saying Ohio State was not going to make the playoff after losing to a bad Va Tech team at home 2nd week of the season in 2014.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 12:46 PM
You're probably right. But I remember many of us having to eat crow after saying Ohio State was not going to make the playoff after losing to a bad Va Tech team at home 2nd week of the season in 2014.

Oh I agree anything can happen and Tennessee has an extremely soft schedule. However all we have heard all offseason is how great they are. I didn't see that last night. You could see the talent on that Ohio State squad that wasn't evident last night. Tennessee will have a fine record because of the schedule but will lose the big games.

Political Hack
09-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Ive never understood why people think they're any good. Or SC or UK. The entire West is ahead of every SECE team with the exception of UGA and maybe Florida.

msbulldog
09-02-2016, 12:59 PM
I think he understands football, his neurons just don't move fast enough***

Recipient of the William H. Cannon Athletic Engineering Scholarship
Named one of 14 smartest college football players by the NFL.com in 2014
Spent summer of 2015 at an internship at Pratt & Whitney, where he worked at the world leader in design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines for the United States government
Majoring in Aerospace Engineering

Political Hack
09-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Recipient of the William H. Cannon Athletic Engineering Scholarship
Named one of 14 smartest college football players by the NFL.com in 2014
Spent summer of 2015 at an internship at Pratt & Whitney, where he worked at the world leader in design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines for the United States government
Majoring in Aerospace Engineering

He's probably close to being a certified genius to be honest. MENSA type smart. He just doesn't have his priorities in order on the football field yet. 1) protect the ball, 2) protect the ball, 3) protect the ball, 4) make a play, 5) protect the ball.