PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Baseball Notes- Mostly MSU.

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Jonathan Holder is getting called up by the Yankees. I expect Renfroe to get called up soon and not sure why he hasn?t yet unless they are trying to win the AAA World Series or something. Stratton will likely get called back up as well and we?ll see if the Braves call Tyler Moore up. Chad Girodo will probably get called back up as well.

Jonathan Papelbon is still without a team and I doubt he plays the rest of this year.

Also- the Mississippi Braves and Biloxi Shuckers are fighting for a playoff spot this weekend in Pearl. The M-Braves have the lead right now and their magic number is three with four games left. Pretty cool that Mississippi?s two minor league teams are in a dog fight for the playoffs. Brandon Woodruff is starting Sunday for the Shuckers.

Taog Redloh
09-02-2016, 07:08 AM
I heard we got a late signee the other day.

msstate7
09-02-2016, 07:10 AM
Papelbon most likely done. A playoff team would've had to have him on roster by August 31st to be eligible for playoffs. A non-playoff team doesn't need em

msstate7
09-02-2016, 07:12 AM
MBraves have a little help from mallex smith right now since he's on a rehab assignment.

Coldsleeve Jr.
09-02-2016, 07:47 AM
I think it's a money thing with Renfroe. If they call him up now they have to fork over a bunch of money, whereas if they wait til next year they save money.

Don't know the specifics but I believe that's the holdup.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Hunter Renfroe named PCL Most Valuable Player.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
It seems that Papelbon is done. He might sign somewhere next year but his contract is probably not worth what he brings this year. He is a crazy ass closer but he doesn't have closer stuff anymore. He would probably have to take a big pay cut next year and then probably be a set up guy instead. Not sure if he would do that.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Hunter Renfroe named PCL Most Valuable Player.

It is a travesty if Hunter doesn't get called up this year. That is one thing that is screwed up with MLB. Once they get the contract it is great because it is guaranteed but all the crap with teams keeping people in the minors so they clock doesn't start is pure bullshit. Still better than the NFL where you can get cut and screwed out of most of your contract.

StatesboroBlues
09-02-2016, 08:57 AM
I think it's a money thing with Renfroe. If they call him up now they have to fork over a bunch of money, whereas if they wait til next year they save money.

Don't know the specifics but I believe that's the holdup.

I think it also has to do with the term of the contract...

Todd4State
09-02-2016, 12:25 PM
I heard we got a late signee the other day.

If we did it was probably that first baseman from Texas.