PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina ...

Liverpooldawg
09-01-2016, 10:18 PM
has a kicker.

msstate7
09-01-2016, 10:19 PM
And they found some offense down the stretch. Hopefully we can cover that freshman wr next week

Goldendawg
09-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Vandy may have sold this game out, but there were a lot of empty seats. Vandy's coach reminds me of Croom.

preachermatt83
09-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Vandy may have sold this game out, but there were a lot of empty seats. Vandy's coach reminds me of Croom.

Racist***. Ha!! I agree completely. And it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

RBritt
09-01-2016, 10:34 PM
USC beats us, I'm done with the dawgs this year. We better tko Orth.

Goldendawg
09-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Chill out. I honestly think we now have a program and players will step up in many positions. I don't expect another Tech and Ten for us in my lifetime. USC beat Vandy 13-10 and both looked very bad, even for a 1st game. We are better coached and have better players than both of these teams.

msstate7
09-01-2016, 11:03 PM
These 2 picking up where they left off last year...

Vandy total offense (conf only) in '15 -- 299 yds.
Tonight -- 242

Usce total offense (conf only) in '15 -- 338 yds.
Tonight -- 308

This was just a matchup of some really bad offensive teams.

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Chill out. I honestly think we now have a program and players will step up in many positions. I don't expect another Tech and Ten for us in my lifetime. USC beat Vandy 13-10 and both looked very bad, even for a 1st game. We are better coached and have better players than both of these teams.

Tech and 10 was an anomaly even for us.

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 11:07 PM
These 2 picking up where they left off last year...

Vandy total offense (conf only) in '15 -- 299 yds.
Tonight -- 242

Usce total offense (conf only) in '15 -- 338 yds.
Tonight -- 308

This was just a matchup of some really bad offensive teams.

Yep they were both bad.

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 11:10 PM
I want to see what we look like before I say how I feel about our game with South Carolina. Especially the QB's, the RB's, and o-line.

Bothrops
09-01-2016, 11:21 PM
We won't lose to South Carolina, however, I think we may struggle to win because of us, not them.

lamont
09-01-2016, 11:25 PM
SC is good on D- it will be a struggle but we should pull it out in the 2nd unless we turn the ball over

Bothrops
09-01-2016, 11:35 PM
We need our kicker to really come through for us this year too.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-01-2016, 11:56 PM
We won't lose to South Carolina, however, I think we may struggle to win because of us, not them.

Bravo, spoken like a true Bulldog. But I agree, I think we have the talent to play with anyone if we can get the chemistry right and the mental part of the game.

Todd4State
09-02-2016, 01:19 AM

This is where I am right now. A lot of it is because of how we have played South Carolina since 2000. Some of it is because I haven't seen us play yet. My opinion could totally change after our game Saturday.

Really Clark?
09-02-2016, 06:36 AM
SC is good on D- it will be a struggle but we should pull it out in the 2nd unless we turn the ball over

I expected them to improve defensively because of Boom. But I'm not calling them good just yet. That's an inept and one deminsional offense they were going against.

basedog
09-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Vandy makes anyone's defense look good. They are so poorly coached. SC out coached Vandy, it's that simple. Vandy may not win a Sec game this year.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-02-2016, 08:04 AM
We win by 14

Jack Lambert
09-02-2016, 08:07 AM

This and lets enjoy tomorrow and worry about next Saturday on Sunday. I tell you who should be worried and that Butch Jones.

RougeDawg
09-02-2016, 01:00 PM
We win by 14

At least. If not, I'm investing in a company that manufactures paper bags.

ILOATHEBears
09-02-2016, 03:46 PM

We were a kicker away from 2, 10 win seasons in a row and an oline away from a playoff team

HSVDawg
09-02-2016, 04:25 PM
We were a kicker away from 2, 10 win seasons in a row and an oline away from a playoff team

An offensive line is 25% of your roster. That's like saying I'm only $900,000 away from being a millionaire. In reality, our OL was good enough to get us to the playoff in 2014 (but probably not good enough to win it). We lost the Bama game due to 3 Dak interceptions (2 in Bama's redzone) and not being able to contain Sims from scrambling for first downs on two key 3rd downs on their 4th quarter TD drive. OL didn't excel, but they weren't the reason we lost. We win that game and we are in the playoff. Not to mention that we completely neutered our defense when playing against a QB on one leg in the Egg Bowl. Winning that one likely would have gotten us there as well.

mcain31
09-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Vandy may have sold this game out, but there were a lot of empty se
ats. Vandy's coach reminds me of Croom.

Negative, Mason's specialty, defense, actually performs. Croom's specialty, offense, was terrible

Gamecocks
09-02-2016, 05:22 PM
First I'd like to say I hope and feel that it's going to be a good game next week. I think you guys are probably more talented than us, even though just doing a little rivals research, we had higher recruiting classes in 13/14, you in 15/16. So we have a little talent.

We came into last night not really knowing anything about our team, and a few questions were answered. Defensively, we weren't absolutely awful which is great after last year, but I'm interested to see how we do against a much better offense. From what I've gathered, your offensive line struggled a bit last year and you lost 3 starters from that line? How are they expected to look? Our defense has talent, just short on depth. If you can string together 2nd half first downs, while consistently stopping us from doing that, you should run away with it late. However, if your line isn't that good, I think our guys are good enough to make plays consistently against the run. Our pass defense is still a question mark. I am not sure what you guys have at QB now without Dak. We lack a very good pass rusher, so as long as your offensive line can provide decent pass protection your QB should have some time to make decisions. Our secondary has OK talent, but less depth than the defensive line. I am very worried about trying to stop Fred Ross. He should have a big game provided you get him the ball.

Offensively, we did not look very good early on. Offensive line penalties, turnovers, dropped passes in crucial situations, no rhythm what so ever. We were able to string together some scoring drives in the 2nd half and do just enough to pull it out. However, if we don't clean that up we have no shot next Saturday. They say you improve the most from week 1 to week 2, and by all accounts Vandy has a top third to top half caliber defense in the SEC, so I would like to think we can have a little more success there. Our offensive line isn't anything great, but not bad either. Think you guys just got a 5 star (Simmons?) who will probably be able to make some plays. Also think there will be several plays where our offensive line can create lanes for our backs. We have a freshman back #25, AJ Turner who looks to have solid vision with very good speed and burst. He would have gone over 100 yards in his first game against a top 20 defense in the country if not for a holding call on a 50ish yard run. We will play 2 QBs, senior former walk on Perry Orth, and true freshman Brandon McIlwain. Orth, like our offensive line, isn't great, but isn't bad either. He will make some good throws here and there and will struggle at times. McIlwain provided a spark for our offense last night when he came in. Provided instant offense with his legs. Look for us to try and get some things going on the ground with his legs. At WR we found our best player maybe on the whole team in true freshman Bryan Edwards #89. Guy is an absolute monster. Same talent level as Alshon Jeffery was. 2nd half we realized he made a play every time we went to him so I expect that to continue. Also look for #1 (and #1 in the name department) Deebo Samuel. He is a smaller shiftier type receiver.

Special teams is probably the best aspect of our team. Punter is very solid and kicker is top notch and very clutch.

I will admit I do not know much about your team this year, so would love to hear what you guys are expecting even though you will have a much better idea after tomorrow. One plus for us, is we've already been in the fire and fought through adversity to win a conference game on the road. I really have no idea what to expect, as I can see a close win for both teams, and I can also see us losing by double digits. I am looking forward to a great one.

Gamecocks
09-02-2016, 05:30 PM
I am also making the trip to Starkville for the game, so whatever food and bar suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first trip to Starkville. I am trying to see every stadium in the SEC and this will be #10 so I am very excited to see what Starkville has to offer.

We probably won't get into town until around 9 Friday night, so will just hit the bars and then would like to try and grab some good food Saturday morning/early afternoon before tailgating. I've heard the Junction is a great place to go? Also, is there a good spot to go for after the games to drink and watch the other college football games?

EngDawg
09-02-2016, 05:48 PM
I am also making the trip to Starkville for the game, so whatever food and bar suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first trip to Starkville. I am trying to see every stadium in the SEC and this will be #10 so I am very excited to see what Starkville has to offer.

We probably won't get into town until around 9 Friday night, so will just hit the bars and then would like to try and grab some good food Saturday morning/early afternoon before tailgating. I've heard the Junction is a great place to go? Also, is there a good spot to go for after the games to drink and watch the other college football games?

Well at least you won't be greeted by the abondon Waffle House now.

Gamecocks
09-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Bump.

Still think it's a dogfight next week.

Dawgface
09-03-2016, 03:44 PM
SC = loss

Bass Chaser
09-03-2016, 03:55 PM
According to 4-year talent ranking SC actually has more talent. I'm not optimistic about next week.

bluelightstar
09-03-2016, 03:56 PM
did you see our offense today? every bit as trash as what Vandy put out on Thursday, we may not score double digits

GreenheadDawg
09-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Bump.

Still think it's a dogfight next week.

I think this game will be played for who is the tallest midget

defiantdog
09-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Keytaon Thompson is liking his chancing at playing early..... But seriously. Our guys need to quit playing games and go in to next week pissed off. Leo Lewis played like the guy we thought he was. We need our secondary to step up as well and quit playing scared. I don't care if they get beat..... They gave 10 yard gaps all day.

Williams is not the answer. He can't throw the ball 10 yards. Mixon needs to be involved more in the backfield. Dear needs to get his shit together. Couch needs to be in the game more..... He is Bear's replacement. We need to get angry..... I haven't seen this team angry since we beat LSU in Baton Rouge.

Bdawg
09-03-2016, 04:33 PM

So much for this thought!!!

DanDority
09-03-2016, 04:55 PM
We win by 14

I'll bet you 1,000,000 we don't.