PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen, NFL quaterbacks

bullygrowl
09-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Dan Mullen has coached/developed 3 college quarterbacks that are starting week 1 in the NFL in the same season. Can any college coach say that, ever? I haven't researched it, but, I would have to say no. Oh, and Heisman winner, Tim Tebow. Appreciate what we have right now when calling for his head in the season. Great hire by the Ninja, no doubt.

Westdawg
09-01-2016, 09:51 PM
I recall saying a little over a week ago on here in some thread - and I was called out by a couple on it - but Mullen has now coached at least four STARTING QBs in the NFL:
- Alex Smith
- Cam Newton
- Tim Tebow
- Dak Prescott

- as well as some guys who won a ton at their respective schools, some set school passing records, and one even made it to the NFL
- Chris Leak
- Tyler Russell
- Brian Johnson

And another who did more with less than ANYONE could have guess
- Chris Relf

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 09:57 PM
I recall saying a little over a week ago on here in some thread - and I was called out by a couple on it - but Mullen has now coached at least four STARTING QBs in the NFL:
- Alex Smith
- Cam Newton
- Tim Tebow
- Dak Prescott

- as well as some guys who won a ton at their respective schools, some set school passing records, and one even made it to the NFL
- Chris Leak
- Tyler Russell
- Brian Johnson

And another who did more with less than ANYONE could have guess
- Chris Relf

Spot on. Don't know there's anyone else that could've made Relf an sec qb. Also we almost went to a bowl game with freaking Tyson Lee at qb against the #1 schedule in the country. I think sometimes we lose our perspective.

lamont
09-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Pete Carroll did

Carson Palmer
Matt Cassel
Matt Leinert

Bear Bryant did as well:

Joe Namath
Richard Todd
Kenny Stabler

Schnellenberger at Miami coached Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar in his 4 years at Miami

msstate7
09-01-2016, 10:14 PM
Giving Mullen credit for qb's as OC and HC would make this a month long project trying to figure it out

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Pete Carroll did

Carson Palmer
Matt Cassel
Matt Leinert

Bear Bryant did as well:

Joe Namath
Richard Todd
Kenny Stabler

Schnellenberger at Miami coached Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar in his 4 years at Miami

That's a pretty elite list. They all won NC's too.

dawgday166
09-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Now if he could just start putting O-linemen in the league ***

lamont
09-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Now if he could just start putting O-linemen in the league ***

+1

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Todd never won a NC while at Bama.

lamont
09-01-2016, 10:40 PM
That's a pretty elite list. They all won NC's too.

Thats just HC's. I bet scouring some more OC's you could add to it. Norm Chow and guys like that

lamont
09-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Todd never won a NC while at Bama.

Neither Did Alex Smith or Dak Prescott- whats your point?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Actually I believe I spoke too soon. Todd was a QB at Bama in '73 and I believe '73 is a year the Tide claims a NC....Tusk set me straight on this.

lamont
09-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Actually I believe I spoke too soon. Todd was a QB at Bama in '73 and I believe '73 is a year the Tide claims a NC....Tusk set me straight on this.

just looked because Bama claims a NC every other season regardless of record. They do claim one in 1973- Todd's Soph year

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Sorry I meant all those coaches won NC's not necessarily the qbs

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Thats just HC's. I bet scouring some more OC's you could add to it. Norm Chow and guys like that

That's true and left out Lavelle Edwards who probably put more in the league than anyone. Virgil Carter, Gifford Nielson, Marc Wilson, Jim McMahon, Steve Young, Robbie Boscoe, Ty Detmer and probably some others

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 11:13 PM
I like what Dan has done with the QB's and I'm not really all that concerned about who our QB is going to be this year.

If we keep Dan and dump Hevesy I'll be more than happy.

OdaMaeBrown
09-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Pete Carroll did

Carson Palmer
Matt Cassel
Matt Leinert

Bear Bryant did as well:

Joe Namath
Richard Todd
Kenny Stabler

nm