PDA

View Full Version : Boom is a very good defensive coach

lamont
09-01-2016, 09:02 PM
He wants to play his 3-4 so bad- but Vandy was loading up and pounding on it. So he went back to the 4-3 his guys had been used to running. Vandy hasnt gotten a 1st down since

SC may not score tonight though. Just as I thought- they arent very good on offense. As long as we dont turn the ball over- we'll be fine.

Tbonewannabe
09-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Somehow he brought Roper to USCe when his offense sucked with Florida players.

lamont
09-01-2016, 09:35 PM

yeah- that was very surprising. Boom kept changing OC's at Fla- he needs stability there

basedog
09-02-2016, 08:07 AM
He wasn't all that good at Auburn, he is ok but nothing special, Vandy is just poorly coached. I'm betting he want make 4 years at SC, he want be able to recruit like Florida.

The east sucks in football overall.

BB30
09-02-2016, 08:44 AM
That defense is going to be somewhat stingy. Fortunately, I don't think their O is good enough to beat us. If we lose that one it will be because we turned the ball over and beat ourselves. Again, it will come down to how much our O line has improved and if we can get a run game going.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Has Muschamp ever had an offense worth a shit?

Dawgtini
09-02-2016, 09:34 AM

He had Roper at UF only in his final year. I expect that Roper will do pretty well...it would help if they had UF talent, but I think their offense will be serviceable after this year.

Bubb Rubb
09-02-2016, 10:11 AM
He had Roper at UF only in his final year. I expect that Roper will do pretty well...it would help if they had UF talent, but I think their offense will be serviceable after this year.

Agreed. Given time they will improve offensively. They're going to be stout every year on the defensive side.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Agreed. Given time they will improve offensively. They're going to be stout every year on the defensive side.

I know they had several freshmen and younger players last night but in his 4 years at UF he only got worse in Offense. His first year he was 9th in the SEC and Urban didn't exactly leave the roster bare. He then was 11th in 2012, 14th in 2013, and 13th in 2014 ahead of Vandy who couldn't hardly score on any team. Unless he has truly figured out how to find an offensive coordinator and let him control that side of the ball, he has never shown improvement on the offensive side.

McIlwain took UF to 10th his first year so there was talent at UF.

GTHOM
09-02-2016, 11:56 AM
If we dont beat USCe by at least 14 we suck just being honest

RougeDawg
09-02-2016, 12:02 PM
If we dont beat USCe by at least 14 we suck just being honest

This. We better be ahead big time in the 4th and resting starters for the big test the next week. If the USC game is even remotely close, 6 wins is gonna be difficult. Their QB sucks donkey ass.

BulldogDX55
09-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Has Muschamp ever had an offense worth a shit?

Yes, but then his QB got busted for roids.

Bubb Rubb
09-02-2016, 12:04 PM
I know they had several freshmen and younger players last night but in his 4 years at UF he only got worse in Offense. His first year he was 9th in the SEC and Urban didn't exactly leave the roster bare. He then was 11th in 2012, 14th in 2013, and 13th in 2014 ahead of Vandy who couldn't hardly score on any team. Unless he has truly figured out how to find an offensive coordinator and let him control that side of the ball, he has never shown improvement on the offensive side.

McIlwain took UF to 10th his first year so there was talent at UF.

My comment was less about Muschamp and more about Roper. He only had Roper for one year.

HSVDawg
09-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Yes, but then his QB got busted for roids.

That was not his QB. Grier played under McIlwain last season.

GTHOM
09-02-2016, 12:35 PM
This. We better be ahead big time in the 4th and resting starters for the big test the next week. If the USC game is even remotely close, 6 wins is gonna be difficult. Their QB sucks donkey ass.

I think we are significantly better than them

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2016, 01:24 PM
My comment was less about Muschamp and more about Roper. He only had Roper for one year.

We will see if he lets Roper work and gives him enough time to improve the offense. It looks like they are going to have it rough this year.

mic
09-02-2016, 02:00 PM
If we play good and USCe plays their best we still win..

I'm not so much worried what the final score is, more so how the game is controlled..

Bubb Rubb
09-02-2016, 02:07 PM
We will see if he lets Roper work and gives him enough time to improve the offense. It looks like they are going to have it rough this year.

I don't disagree. They have problems moving the ball.

tireddawg
09-02-2016, 02:17 PM
If we play good and USCe plays their best we still win..

I'm not so much worried what the final score is, more so how the game is controlled..

Not worried about final score? Meaning you think we win but not concerned if it's by 3 or 20?

mic
09-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Not worried about final score? Meaning you think we win but not concerned if it's by 3 or 20?

The final score doesn't always dictate the dominance or lack there of ..
If we have or way with them And they put up a couple late scores and make the game closer than it really was then no I'm not concerned ..
If we win by 20+ but the game was closer than score my suggest then yes..

Gamecocks
09-02-2016, 05:37 PM
He wasn't all that good at Auburn, he is ok but nothing special, Vandy is just poorly coached. I'm betting he want make 4 years at SC, he want be able to recruit like Florida.

The east sucks in football overall.

He currently has the #10 recruiting class in the country, at a school without much tradition, that just went 3-9, and are currently ranked ahead of Florida in the rankings. The potential #1 player in the country in 2018 is 50 minutes down the road. I think he'll do alright.

gravedigger
09-02-2016, 07:50 PM
He currently has the #10 recruiting class in the country, at a school without much tradition, that just went 3-9, and are currently ranked ahead of Florida in the rankings. The potential #1 player in the country in 2018 is 50 minutes down the road. I think he'll do alright.

The recruiting ranking board is www.nafoom.yuku.com

basedog
09-02-2016, 07:59 PM

Of course******

basedog
09-02-2016, 08:00 PM

+1

Commercecomet24
09-02-2016, 08:04 PM

Awesome! That's funny as heck!