PDA

View Full Version : Wrap it in maroon and white

godlluB
09-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Fellow Dogs,
I've been a lurker on here pretty much since day one, and a member and poster for about three years. This site has provided me with untold hours of enjoyment over the years.

In December of last year, I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer that had already spread to multiple tumors in my.liver. I was given less than 6 months to live. I participated in a clinical drug trials forced <as long as my body would take it, and here I am, 9 months later.

However, my health has taken a turn for the worse in the last couple of weeks, and I now think I may only have a few days left.I didn't want to just disappear, so I decided to post and let the few of you who care know what's going on. I've asked jbjones to post for me.and let everyone know when I'm gone.

Thanks again to all of you for the hours of entertainment, and Hail State!

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Prayers of comfort for you and your loved ones. HailState!

bobcat91
09-01-2016, 07:21 PM
May this life be a dull prelude to the one to come. God Bless you and may He comfort you. Praying for you and your family. Hail State!

msstate7
09-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Really sorry to hear this. The doctors were wrong before... I hope they're wrong again.

Romans 10:9-10New International Version (NIV)

9 If you declare with your mouth, ?Jesus is Lord,? and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Dawgbite
09-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Met you two years ago in the LFL after a game. I was wearing the 17 it hat and we struck up a conversation over a beverage. Stay strong brother, we are all just passing through this old world, it's the memories you make and leave behind that matter. HailState!

Goldendawg
09-01-2016, 07:28 PM
May God Bless you and yours in all ways possible. You are in my prayers.

youraveragesavage
09-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Godspeed friend.

Dolphus Raymond
09-01-2016, 07:30 PM
"May God bless and keep you always. "
When I say you and your loved ones are in my prayers, I mean it literally.
Nothing like some "instant perspective" on a Thursday evening.

msstate7
09-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Nothing like some "instant perspective" on a Thursday evening.

Yep

ckDOG
09-01-2016, 07:34 PM
You are in my prayers. I hope your pain is eased and your family finds peace. Godspeed.

Gutter Cobreh
09-01-2016, 07:38 PM
You are in my prayers. I hope your pain is eased and your family finds peace. Godspeed.

I second this sentiment!

Coach34
09-01-2016, 07:38 PM
I want to personally thank you for being apart of the Elitedawg Family.

I hope that you move on as painlessly as possible and enjoy your last moments with your family, friends, and Bulldogs.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Godspeed dawg. My thoughts go out to you and your loved ones.

Boston
09-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Sorry to hear this, prayers for you and your family.

Mjoelner34
09-01-2016, 07:45 PM

^^^THIS^^^ I can find no better words. Will also say a prayer for you Saturday as soon as we wrap it in maroon and white.

Liverpooldawg
09-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Godspeed and prayers for you and your loved ones. HAILSTATE!

basedog
09-01-2016, 07:46 PM
So sorry to read about your health. May God Bless you and your family!

HailState To You!

Tbonewannabe
09-01-2016, 07:50 PM
We are all family. Prayers for you and your family.

the59dawg
09-01-2016, 07:54 PM
May the Lord bring you a miracle, and if not may He bring you and your family peace and comfort. You will be in my prayers tonite.

Dawgology
09-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Fellow Dogs,
I've been a lurker on here pretty much since day one, and a member and poster for about three years. This site has provided me with untold hours of enjoyment over the years.

In December of last year, I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer that had already spread to multiple tumors in my.liver. I was given less than 6 months to live. I participated in a clinical drug trials forced <as long as my body would take it, and here I am, 9 months later.

However, my health has taken a turn for the worse in the last couple of weeks, and I now think I may only have a few days left.I didn't want to just disappear, so I decided to post and let the few of you who care know what's going on. I've asked jbjones to post for me.and let everyone know when I'm gone.

You will be in my thoughts. Fair winds and following seas.

msbulldog
09-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Really sorry to hear this. The doctors were wrong before... I hope they're wrong again.

Romans 10:9-10New International Version (NIV)

9 If you declare with your mouth, ?Jesus is Lord,? and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Find strength my brother, that Jesus suffered for us and took our sins upon himself, that we can find eternal life through him. Praying for you and your loved ones.

redstickdawg
09-01-2016, 07:56 PM
God Bless you and your family, Have faith in the Father above.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Fellow Dogs,

We at elitedawgs want to do a brick at the stadium in your honor. What's your name?

preachermatt83
09-01-2016, 08:07 PM
ED is a family and it's heartbreaking to hear this... However shortly, if you have trusted Christ as Savior, you will be at absolute peace. I pray for strength for both you and your family... Please understand, I have to ask this, Has there ever been a time in your life when you surrendered your will, heart, and life to Jesus? If so, I rejoice in the joy you are about to experience. If not please let me talk with you about it.

Maroonthirteen
09-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Prayers for you brother.

When you reach Heaven, you'll be smiling down on us poor saps waiting to join you.

God Bless!

lamont
09-01-2016, 08:10 PM
We at elitedawgs want to do a brick at the stadium in your honor. What's your name?

send a DM to a mod

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2016, 08:12 PM
Prayers for you and your family. May you find peace.

GreenheadDawg
09-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Damn my friend. Really hate to hear that. May God bring comfort to you and your family. You will be in my prayers

Behrdawg
09-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Prayers going up for you and your family.

Romans 11:36
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

gravedigger
09-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Fellow Dogs,

Thank you for letting us know, brother. You know you are in our prayers

WinningIsRelentless
09-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Godspeed!!!!

SapperDawg
09-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Godspeed Roger. When you meet the big man, see if he can do anything about those Indians.

Liverpooldawg
09-01-2016, 08:35 PM
send a DM to a mod

Let me know if he does. I would like to contribute. I don't have to know who he is.

Political Hack
09-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Your fellowship here is why we built this board for fellow bulldog lovers. I am personally honored that you'd think enough of the rest of us to share your story. You will be missed eternally my friend.

I will pray for you and your family. I hope you find peace and happiness on your journey! Godspeed brother.

confucius say
09-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Let me know if he does. I would like to contribute. I don't have to know who he is.

Same here

confucius say
09-01-2016, 08:41 PM
The good Lord is waiting on you! It's going to be awesome! Prayers for you and your loved ones who I know will miss you.

TrapGame
09-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Prayers for you and your family. May you find peace and comfort. And thank you for being a part of this board.

tireddawg
09-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Peace be with you brother and may God wrap you in maroon and white & in his arms.

Political Hack
09-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Guys, if the family is ok with it, we're going to get a brick with godlluB's name in the stadium. We're just waiting for permission and the info.

fader2103
09-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Man I couldn't imagine the strength you have. Prayers for you and your family. Hopefully you have found peace and comfort.

MSUMatt
09-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Guys, if the family is ok with it, we're going to get a brick with godlluB's name in the stadium. We're just waiting for permission and the info.

That is absolutely the classiest thing we can do for this guy.

Godspeed friend and hail state.

JoseBrown
09-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Prayers for you and your family! I am sorry to hear. My mother passed 2 years ago with pancreatic cancer, after getting me through Stage 3 colorectal cancer. It's not good, and I feel for you brother! Having said that I know you're headed to a very good place! You will receive your just rewards and be comfortable again for a change! Please tell my mother hello for me!!

Thank you for posting. I, like you, enjoy reading and posting here. Ring that big cowbell in heaven for the rest of us, and we will see you soon!

God Bless you fellow bulldog!!

Fred Garvin
09-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Peace be with you, brother.

JoseBrown
09-01-2016, 08:58 PM

Same here

lifedog
09-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Prayers for you and your family and Godspeed !!

GreenheadDawg
09-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Just tell me where to sign up

shannondawg
09-01-2016, 09:15 PM
You will be in my prayers.

QuadrupleOption
09-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Godspeed, friend. And thanks for spending some of your time here.

Westdawg
09-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Fellow Dogs,

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
**Ephesians‬ *2:4-7‬ *NKJV‬‬

I pray that the Lord Jesus will seat you alongside Himself, and pour out His eternal riches upon you forever, dear brother. Seriously, you and your family will be in my prayers until and long after we hear of your joining with Christ Jesus. My love to you and yours.

Turfdawg67
09-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Fellow Dogs,

Prayers for you, fellow Dawg!

TaleofTwoDogs
09-01-2016, 09:27 PM
May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared with family and friends comfort you now and in the days ahead. Go Dawgs!

Really Clark?
09-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Prayers to you and your family and friends. Gods comfort and grace to help you through the final breath of life and for the family to cherish the fond memories they have of you.

BulldogBear
09-01-2016, 09:32 PM

+1

HSVDawg
09-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Very sorry to hear the news. Here's to you and your family finding the peace of the Lord in the days to come, and I know you and yours will be in all of our prayers. And thank you for providing a true reminder to us of what is important in this world. Godspeed friend.

godlluB
09-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Thank you all for the overwhelming response. It's been a hard fight, but I have found peace and I'm ready to go.

Jbjones texted me a few minutes ago and told me about the brick. I'm shocked beyond words that you would do this. This is truly a family and it's an honor to be part of it.

Since I probably song post much more, I don't mind divulging my real name. I'm Roger Smith from Starkville. I suggested an inscription for the briock to jbjones. I assume he will contact the appropriate people.

Thanks again to y'all. Hug your kids tonight.

jbjones
09-01-2016, 09:45 PM
It has been done, my friend.

lastmajordog
09-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Got Bless and comfort you.....

sorrydog
09-01-2016, 10:02 PM
God Bless and peace to both you and your family. It's been a pleasure "lurking" along side of you.

Chip
09-01-2016, 10:09 PM
May the Peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you and your family, now and forever.

PassInterference
09-01-2016, 10:15 PM
God bless you and your family, Roger.

shrimp
09-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Peace be with you and Hail State.

djaymsu5
09-01-2016, 10:36 PM
May God Bless you man! Praying for you and your family.

Bothrops
09-01-2016, 10:37 PM
May your journey be an enchanting one. Wrap it in maroon and white.

GTHOM
09-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Praying for you and yours. God Bless you and Hail State forever my friend

blacklistedbully
09-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Fellow Dogs,

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Will definitely say prays for you. I'm sure the board will miss you. If the Lord decides to bring you home you'll be moving on to an incredible journey.

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2016, 10:42 PM
If anyway physically possible, would be great if he could get to the game Saturday.

Spiderman
09-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Fellow Dogs,

Damn, man. God bless you.

Stay tough.

JDog13
09-01-2016, 10:50 PM
I love you, Roger. Go and see God, you earned it.

DogsofAnarchy
09-01-2016, 10:52 PM
to just read a post from someone of your strength fellow Bulldog. You rest easy and we will keep up the good fight for you!! May the Lord God comfort you as a Warrior of Life and may you mingle with the Angels of Heaven.

QUOTE=godlluB;600176]Fellow Dogs,

Thanks again to all of you for the hours of entertainment, and Hail State![/QUOTE]

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
09-01-2016, 10:52 PM
Prayers for you and your family!! Hailstate!

gtowndawg
09-01-2016, 10:55 PM
Brother, I dont know you, but I can't imagine making a post like this. Praying for you and your family. God bless and I'll meet you when I get to heaven.

Cruz
09-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Prayers for you and your family. Hail State always.

Prentis
09-01-2016, 11:17 PM
May God bless you my friend. No more pain.

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Praying for you and your family! Hail State!

Original48
09-01-2016, 11:37 PM
You have no idea how many people you have touched tonight Roger. God bless you for blessing all of us.

MarcoRubio
09-01-2016, 11:38 PM
May Christ guide and comfort you and your family during this time. Y'all are in my prayers. Thanks for sharing. Has definitely changed my perspective and priorities. I have little ones at home, so your advice to hug them really hits home. I will definitely take extra time to love on them. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. That's why a personal relationship with Jesus is so important. God bless you and your family always. Stay strong.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Times like this puts everything in perspective but music will comfort the soul. Hope we all can say this as we complete the last chapter. God Bless.

https://youtu.be/1t8kAbUg4t4

Corn Bread
09-01-2016, 11:51 PM
Fellow Dogs,

My brother-in-law walked this road before you. He did it heroically, but he lost his war to cancer. Thank you for participating in the clinical trials as he did. You will help others in the future. You are a Hail State hero.

Op4isabitch
09-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Roger, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

At times like this I like to think of something that someone I loved once told me:

Births a miracle, Life's a journey and passing begins a wonderful adventure.

mstatefan91
09-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Prayers for you and your family. God bless, Roger.

BrunswickDawg
09-02-2016, 12:15 AM
I logged on to complain about driving from Orlando to Lake City in the outer bands of a hurricane. That pales in comparison to the struggle you have faced. Thank you for sharing so we could thank you for being a Dawg and contributing to the conversation over the years. Godspeed.

Bodawg
09-02-2016, 12:31 AM
May God grant you the peace that truly surpasses all understanding as you take your final steps home.

MagicDawg
09-02-2016, 02:00 AM
Godspeed.

msbulldog
09-02-2016, 05:49 AM

Please post how we can contribute.

Dawgtini
09-02-2016, 06:29 AM
Godspeed brother. Prayers for you and your family.

DownwardDawg
09-02-2016, 06:58 AM
God bless you and your family my friend. Trust in the Lord Jesus and may all your worries be gone.

Coach34
09-02-2016, 07:13 AM
To help donate toward the brick- hit the green donate button up top and go from there. Thx Elitedawgs

Bubb Rubb
09-02-2016, 07:56 AM
I lost my father to complications from pancreatic cancer last year. I understand your struggle, and I admire your courage and your fight.

Godspeed to you, and blessings and comfort to you and your family.

biscuit
09-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Prayers for you and your family. God Bless

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-02-2016, 08:35 AM
God's mercy to you and your family....may the wind always be at your back, and the sun always upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for you and your family.

slickdawg
09-02-2016, 08:47 AM
I've known Roger for a long time, and this is heartbreaking. A terrific person, family man, and Bulldog through and through. Prayers for you and your family, Roger. May God comfort all of you.

mcain31
09-02-2016, 09:02 AM
May God grant his grace and peace to you and your family.

EnterpriseDawg
09-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Its still an open wound, but I'll share. I lost my wife in June (age 39) due to complications from her treatments. Have gone through many floods of emotions, but have a little peace knowing she was saved. Its never easy saying goodbye in either position, but to know she is under His care and in her new body helps me to sleep at night. Knowing we all will meet again in paradise gets me through the loneliness days. God bless you Roger and may His grace help you and your family through this next chapter, for it surely isn't the last in your amazing life.

tcdog70
09-02-2016, 09:22 AM
may Christ guide you Home--Prayers for your Family.

BeastMan
09-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Prayers and blessings to you and your family sir.

SaintDawg
09-02-2016, 09:58 AM
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S. Lewis

TheRef
09-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Godspeed and thank you for what you've done. True Bulldog and a fighter. Hail State, and let's get a win tomorrow for Roger.

MaroonDawg4Life
09-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Praying for you Roger and your family. May you be comforted by the Lord Jesus in this time. Prayers for your family. God bless you.

fmbdawg17
09-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Thanks for everything you've done to foster and support this community. You will be missed. Godspeed.

Jarius
09-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Prayers sent to you and your family. Hail state brother.

DeltaDawg
09-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Your post really put thing in perspective for me today. I can't imagine what you are going through. I will pray for you and your family and hug my daughter when I see her. Godbless and Hail State!

somebodyshotmypaw
09-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Prayers for you and your family. A better place awaits.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-02-2016, 10:45 AM
God bless you and your family. Know that He is with you and will be with you throughout. And it will only be a short while until you and your family are reunited and will then be together for eternity. Hail State!

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
09-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Thanks for sharing and for your message. Will definitely hold my loved ones close. My thoughts will be with you and your fight, especially at Bulldog games. Rest assured your spirit will be felt in Davis Wade this fall, and on. Hail State buddy.

P.S. I've probably seen over a hundred posts from godlluB & just now figured out what it is! Got one on me, ha!

RougeDawg
09-02-2016, 11:59 AM
Prayers sent to you and your family.

preachermatt83
09-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Thanks for sharing and for your message. Will definitely hold my loved ones close. My thoughts will be with you and your fight, especially at Bulldog games. Rest assured your spirit will be felt in Davis Wade this fall, and on. Hail State buddy.

P.S. I've probably seen over a hundred posts from godlluB & just now figured out what it is! Got one on me, ha!

I still don't know what it means.

jbjones
09-02-2016, 01:22 PM
I still don't know what it means.

Read it backwards.

-JB

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-02-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm praying for comfort for you, your family and your friends. God Bless...

preachermatt83
09-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Read it backwards.

-JB

Nice! Tnx.

Dawgowar
09-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Prayers my friend. Ephesians 1 16-23. In Christ.

Billy Ray Valentine
09-02-2016, 05:39 PM
God bless you Roger. Prayers sent up

Bizzie
09-03-2016, 11:11 AM
May God be with you and your family.