PDA

View Full Version : Nick James

youraveragesavage
09-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Joel Coleman is now reporting nick was arrested for DUI and disturbing the oeace(loud music). Apparently all charges have been dropped.

state66
09-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Probably best just to let this one go. Dan will handle it internally how he sees fit.

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2016, 05:30 PM
So still sitting Saturday out?

SnoopDawg
09-01-2016, 05:41 PM
I would have to say -- yeah

youraveragesavage
09-01-2016, 05:46 PM
I would have to say -- yeahlol. Agreed. Very poor choice the weekend before the opener. Especially being a senior.

mic
09-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Exactly
Move On...

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Yep it will be handled, turn the page. Have a big year, Nick!

youraveragesavage
09-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Yep it will be handled, turn the page. Have a big year, Nick!agreed. Should be a monster at NT.

lamont
09-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Hugh Freeze must have made a phone call

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Hugh Freeze must have made a phone call

Mission trip to Haiti already being scheduled****

BeardoMSU
09-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Mission trip to Haiti already being scheduled****

Haiti, na...our whole team will be visiting the ruins of Oxford soon to help rebuild trailer parks and handout food and water, while Dan preaches the good word of L. Ron Hubbard**

Mjoelner34
09-01-2016, 06:32 PM
........ while Dan preaches the good word of L. Ron Hubbard**

Spectacular!!!!

Commercecomet24
09-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Haiti, na...our whole team will be visiting the ruins of Oxford soon to help rebuild trailer parks and handout food and water, while Dan preaches the good word of L. Ron Hubbard**

I love it! And they're gonna need it too!

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 06:36 PM
This is the second time a player has had a bogus DUI charge by the police in Starkville. First Dak and now this.

Dolphus Raymond
09-01-2016, 06:49 PM
There was a time, way back when, that if a person got a DUI or a public drunk, they were indeed, drunk. Today? Some may disagree with me but I am of the opinion that the legal definition of "drunk" is a bit over the top. Keep in mind, this is coming from a man that has not taken a drink in nearly two decades. What does this have to do with the Nick James situation? Probably not a damn thing

maroonmania
09-01-2016, 07:05 PM
This is the second time a player has had a bogus DUI charge by the police in Starkville. First Dak and now this.

Just another reason MSU should not be putting "Starkvegas" on anything.

BoomBoom
09-01-2016, 07:18 PM

probably several hundred a year for regular students. maybe thousands. it's not about who should get a DUI anymore, it's about how many can you charge. like it's a damn video game.

the laws were changed back when cops were undercharging DUIs, and judges were skeptical towards prosecutors far too often, so the laws made it easier to convict. now cops have financial incentive to charge as many DUIs as possible, and judges are hardasses against defendents.

youraveragesavage
09-01-2016, 07:20 PM

The charges were dismissed by the court after an order of nolle prosequi was entered, prosecutor won't proceed. Weird

RocketDawg
09-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Well, if they want to write up DUIs, all they have to do is put up a few roadblocks after the games. They could probably write thousands of tickets. But none of them will be smoking. ;)

I think we should get drunk drivers off the roads, but only if they're truly legally chargeable or otherwise driving dangerously.

BoomBoom
09-01-2016, 07:33 PM
The charges were dismissed by the court after an order of nolle prosequi was entered, prosecutor won't proceed. Weird

huh. if it's true that it all went down in the Rick's parking lot, then i'd guess he was popped for blaring his music and mouthing off, and since he was in the driver's seat and had the keys and was drinking, the cop added DUI. but since it was all in a private lot and he never actually drove, the prosecutor didn't want to prosecute.

BoomBoom
09-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Well, if they want to write up DUIs, all they have to do is put up a few roadblocks after the games. They could probably write thousands of tickets. But none of them will be smoking. ;)

I think we should get drunk drivers off the roads, but only if they're truly legally chargeable or otherwise driving dangerously.

not when you consider the time it takes to make an arrest. maybe if they used some sort of portable containment or mass transport.

in my experience cops are usually better at roadblocks for this reason. they know it will only be a minute or two until a truly drunk person comes thru, and they'll have all the drunks they have time to process for their shift, plus at a roadblock it's a team effort so there's no incentive to drive up your numbers. with a pullover they have so much time invested in trailing you, waiting for a minor infraction they can base the pullover on, then pulling you over, calling it in, coming up to the car and running thru the dog and pony show about the reason for the pullover, it's like a half hour invested, maybe more. no way to keep your numbers up if you just give up that time.

TimberBeast
09-01-2016, 10:32 PM
not when you consider the time it takes to make an arrest. maybe if they used some sort of portable containment or mass transport.

in my experience cops are usually better at roadblocks for this reason. they know it will only be a minute or two until a truly drunk person comes thru, and they'll have all the drunks they have time to process for their shift, plus at a roadblock it's a team effort so there's no incentive to drive up your numbers. with a pullover they have so much time invested in trailing you, waiting for a minor infraction they can base the pullover on, then pulling you over, calling it in, coming up to the car and running thru the dog and pony show about the reason for the pullover, it's like a half hour invested, maybe more. no way to keep your numbers up if you just give up that time.

So is this the reason you hate police officers?

BoomBoom
09-01-2016, 10:57 PM
So is this the reason you hate police officers?

i don't hate police officers. i do hate dirty cops that don't respect citizens or their rights.

what's the reason for you being an idiot? genes?

I seen it dawg
09-01-2016, 11:00 PM
****ing stupid