PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday's Uniform Confirmed

mstatefan91
09-01-2016, 02:24 PM
https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/771422648052178944

No more gigantic leg logo

TNDawg35
09-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I like it, but like the grey pants better...

msujan
09-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Why, oh, why do they persist in wearing dark unis on HOT days?!?! Even in baseball.

Jack Lambert
09-01-2016, 02:34 PM
I can't get twitter here. Can someone post photo?

TheRef
09-01-2016, 02:38 PM
I can't get twitter here. Can someone post photo?

It's a gif transitioning between everything.

HoopsDawg
09-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Thank you Stricklin for getting rid of the awful airbrushed logo on the pants. Good job.

Jack Lambert
09-01-2016, 02:51 PM
It's a gif transitioning between everything.

I just had a v-8 moment and realize I could look on my phone. Are the pants white or gray?

TheRef
09-01-2016, 02:52 PM
I just had a v-8 moment and realize I could look on my phone. Are the pants white or gray?

White with two maroon stripes and a gray stripe in the middle.

Jarius
09-01-2016, 02:53 PM

White pants with a maroon and gray stripe. Uniforms look terrific. Would like white shoes and socks better but the uniforms are much better looking without that huge ugly logo on them. We should have also worn white jerseys instead of maroon but oh well.

Ifyouonlyknew
Looks good to me. I'm 1 who likes the black shoes & socks.

mstatefan91
I like it, but like the grey pants better...

The grey pants are pretty sweet

Really Clark?
09-01-2016, 02:59 PM

I do as well.

BrunswickDawg
09-01-2016, 03:01 PM

+1

Jack Lambert
09-01-2016, 03:06 PM
White pants with a maroon and gray stripe. Uniforms look terrific. Would like white shoes and socks better but the uniforms are much better looking without that huge ugly logo on them. We should have also worn white jerseys instead of maroon but oh well.

My eye sight has gotten bad as I have gotten older. The uniforms look good. If you added the MSU enter locking on helmets it would be 1980 all over again.

gtowndawg
09-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Love them. Great job!

gtowndawg
09-01-2016, 03:25 PM
The grey pants are pretty sweet

I'm thinking this sets up nicely. White pants with strips at home with maroon jersey. Grey pants with strips and white jersey on the road. Great combo.

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 03:57 PM
This is the best uniform Adidas has come up with us so far. Classic 1998-1999 look and I like how they incorporated the gray stripe on the pants. Like the black shoes as well. All it needs is an interlocking MSU and that is a dead horse.

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm thinking this sets up nicely. White pants with strips at home with maroon jersey. Grey pants with strips and white jersey on the road. Great combo.

I'm guessing we will see the maroon and white helmets again. Jerseys will be maroon, white, and black. And then I thin we will see the maroon, white, and gray pants. I was very disappointed that we didn't see an Egg Bowl uniform last year and would like to see one for 2017 at least when we host the Egg Bowl again if not sooner.

But we'll probably see the uniform combinations from the above. Just a guess.

RocketDawg
09-01-2016, 04:09 PM

Yep, gotta agree. But also add in the gray pants with maroon jerseys on occasion at home. And never, ever think about having black uniforms again ... or camo.

RocketDawg
09-01-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm guessing we will see the maroon and white helmets again. Jerseys will be maroon, white, and black. And then I thin we will see the maroon, white, and gray pants. I was very disappointed that we didn't see an Egg Bowl uniform last year and would like to see one for 2017 at least when we host the Egg Bowl again if not sooner.

But we'll probably see the uniform combinations from the above. Just a guess.

No to the black jerseys. No to a special Egg Bowl (or any other) single game uniform. We look silly when we lose the game, and it doesn't mean much when we win.

Tbonewannabe
09-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Yep, gotta agree. But also add in the gray pants with maroon jerseys on occasion at home. And never, ever think about having black uniforms again ... or camo.

Don't watch the A&M game then since it is a black out.

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 04:16 PM
No to the black jerseys. No to a special Egg Bowl (or any other) single game uniform. We look silly when we lose the game, and it doesn't mean much when we win.

Yeah but we also look badass when we win those games. We didn't wear an Egg Bowl uniform last year and we won the blackout against Kentucky.

TimberBeast
09-01-2016, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up. We are trying to make sure to get the kids up for a couple games this year, now I know to make sure we definitely don't go up for that one.

RocketDawg
09-01-2016, 04:44 PM

It is a blackout for the fans, but I don't know about the players. I do know when we made such a big deal about the Snow Bowl rematch a few years ago it was rather embarrassing.

RocketDawg
09-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Yeah but we also look badass when we win those games. We didn't wear an Egg Bowl uniform last year and we won the blackout against Kentucky.

I think we learned out lesson with the EB uniforms the two years before last year. I suppose if we have to wear black, at least do it against a relatively weak team like Kentucky where we have a good chance of winning.

pscf3
09-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Article on the new pants:

http://www.hailstateunis.com/2016-football-season/bulldogs-to-debut-new-white-pants-for-2016-season

bdfan09
09-01-2016, 05:24 PM
It is a blackout for the fans, but I don't know about the players. I do know when we made such a big deal about the Snow Bowl rematch a few years ago it was rather embarrassing.

I think there is a concerted effort from both schools to make the uniforms as different as possible(color scheme wise) since the schools' colors are the same. aTm wore similar uniforms when we played them at home in '14.

Coackjek
09-01-2016, 05:30 PM

Same here

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 06:39 PM

Yes celebrating an Independence Bowl win is embarrassing but when we wear black or an alternate uniform like the Egg Bowl we're just marketing ourselves.

Todd4State
09-01-2016, 06:41 PM
I think we learned out lesson with the EB uniforms the two years before last year. I suppose if we have to wear black, at least do it against a relatively weak team like Kentucky where we have a good chance of winning.

I was more embarrassed by the performance of the team. I don't remember any smack about the uniforms from Ole Miss personally. The two times we wore special Egg Bowl uniforms at home we won and they were quite popular. I think not doing something because you might be embarrassed is a little silly.

smootness
09-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Love these.

My only issues - and they are very minor - are the Mississippi State letterhead over the numbers (It won't go away, so whatever) and the black trim. If black isn't one of your primary colors, it looks bad as a trim color. Reminds me of the Lions' jerseys, where their colors are blue and silver except for bizarre black facemasks and jersey trim. It looks bad on them, too.