PDA

View Full Version : This is the type of fan writer article I can give some clicks.....

Taog Redloh
09-01-2016, 12:47 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/09/01/damian-williams-deserves-support/

Isn't Josh Barnhill the Croom Diaries guy? If so, I certainly haven't agreed with his stuff in the past, but I do agree with this one. Great work.

TheRef
09-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Yupp. That's who it is.

QuadrupleOption
09-01-2016, 01:10 PM
I agree with whoever posted in an earlier thread that you should be disappointed that Fitz didn't do enough to separate himself from Williams, not that Williams got the nod.

Personally, I hope they both throw for 250+ and 3 TDs apiece on Saturday. I hope Williams tears it up and kicks ass when he's given the opportunity, because that means both QBs are better than expected by most.

iPat09
09-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Well, he's got my vote. Loyalty is something you don't see much of today. Great article as well.

BrunswickDawg
09-01-2016, 01:41 PM
If Williams has done the job and proven himself to Mullen that he needs to be the starter, then I have faith that Dan and Brian have him prepared and we can win games with him. Dan's track record with QB's makes me feel like we can win with whoever wins the job. We were competitive and were a pitch to Boobie away from going 6-6 with a 5'9" walk-on QB who threw 14 INTs and only 4 TDs.

missouridawg
09-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Have you guys ever thought that maybe Mullen is playing coy with the QBs to try and prevent anyone else from transferring? If he names Fitz the starter, why should Damian stay? If he names Damian the starter, why should Fitz stay? Neither of them would like being in that position.... So let them "continue to battle it out". On the field results will help separate them.

They're much more likely to stick around if their year of eligibility is burnt... So no need to give them a reason to go before the first game.

drunkernhelldawg
09-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Great job laying out the facts to check the negative emotion. I like Williams' game. Always have. I do hope Fitzgerald emerges with a steady dose of the awesome we saw in some of his garbage time plays. But quaterback is about a man being a leader. Kickoff getting close.

spiral
09-01-2016, 02:37 PM
I liked the article but I don't for a second believe any fans need to be told to hope Damian does well. Whoever is in the game is going to be pulled for to do well. Fans will hope whoever starts (or plays) does well. Heck, I hope they all do well. The problem exists if they do not do well. At that point fans probably need to be reminded not to criticize a good, hard-working young man who is loyal to the team and school. Whoever that may or may not end up being.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-01-2016, 02:58 PM
I liked the article but I don't for a second believe any fans need to be told to hope Damian does well. Whoever is in the game is going to be pulled for to do well. Fans will hope whoever starts (or plays) does well. Heck, I hope they all do well. The problem exists if they do not do well. At that point fans probably need to be reminded not to criticize a good, hard-working young man who is loyal to the team and school. Whoever that may or may not end up being.

LOL good luck

Schultzy
09-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Have you guys ever thought that maybe Mullen is playing coy with the QBs to try and prevent anyone else from transferring? If he names Fitz the starter, why should Damian stay? If he names Damian the starter, why should Fitz stay? Neither of them would like being in that position.... So let them "continue to battle it out". On the field results will help separate them.

They're much more likely to stick around if their year of eligibility is burnt... So no need to give them a reason to go before the first game.
^^^this

mparkerfd20
09-01-2016, 03:18 PM
I for one will be extremely worried if Damien is the preferred QB this year, but will support whoever we go with. I didn't say starter because that term is used too loosely.

Taog Redloh
09-01-2016, 03:55 PM

You have lost your mind. Dak Prescott is about the first MSU QB I've seen in my lifetime that hasn't been booed off the field in his senior year. Our fanbase is pretty damn ruthless for one who's never had a decent QB until the last 2 years.

spiral
09-01-2016, 04:22 PM
You have lost your mind. Dak Prescott is about the first MSU QB I've seen in my lifetime that hasn't been booed off the field in his senior year. Our fanbase is pretty damn ruthless for one who's never had a decent QB until the last 2 years.

I agree they are ruthless on players that do not perform well. And I think they are wrong. You're the one who has lost his mind though if you think our fans won't be pulling for whoever plays to succeed.

drunkernhelldawg
09-01-2016, 04:49 PM

I know. Look what we did to Madkin. Thanks for making us remember. Won't stop it, but at least we're held accountable.

RocketDawg
09-01-2016, 05:00 PM

Are you kidding? Our fans will criticize. Remember when Dak's mother died, and he made the trip and played in the game against (I think) South Carolina? Nobody knew about her death, and probably most didn't even know she was sick, but he got plenty of criticism for not performing well in that game. Of course, there was much remorse after they found out the reason, but it happened anyway.